Daredevil Dd dvd?

True but if someone without a membership wanted to just see Daredevil they could make the one-time payment and buy the blu-ray, or be roped into the monthly subscription service that they'll probably end up liking and keeping.
I'm no expert but the fact that every other Marvel product has received a blu-ray/home media release within the expected timeframe save for the one's on Netflix make me think this is the case.. I wouldn't be shocked if I'm wrong but I think it adds up, and for what it's worth I definitely do expect a DD/JJ blu-ray release to be announced within a year or so.
that's possible but I don't think it's likely. as I said earlier, netflix has a lot of good originals. not only that, but the fact that daredevil is a netflix original means that they would be getting a cut from blu ray sales, wouldn't they?

It's an insult to fans that this hasn't been given a release date yet. Go Big business. I figured this would have been released for sure by the time the second season premiered.

that's possible but I don't think it's likely. as I said earlier, netflix has a lot of good originals. not only that, but the fact that daredevil is a netflix original means that they would be getting a cut from blu ray sales, wouldn't they?

Yeah, but Daredevil is one of the biggest original shows they have, meaning it's one of their biggest attractions to the streaming service. They probably want to keep attracting more people to their service through those means rather than having them wait for a DVD. After the Defenders comes out I could see a DVD release.

I honestly don't believe this will ever go to home video. It's one of Netflix's most popular shows, they own a good part of it as well. What incentive does Netflix have to release it? None.

Yeah, but Daredevil is one of the biggest original shows they have, meaning it's one of their biggest attractions to the streaming service. They probably want to keep attracting more people to their service through those means rather than having them wait for a DVD. After the Defenders comes out I could see a DVD release.
you still need a subscription to see season 2. No one is going to cancel their subscription because the first season comes out physically. They'd have to wait an entire year to do the same and your post emphasizes why no one is gonna wait for that

I honestly don't believe this will ever go to home video. It's one of Netflix's most popular shows, they own a good part of it as well. What incentive does Netflix have to release it? None.

That doesn't make sense. Why can't this get a release on home video but their other popular shows like House of Cards and Orange is the New Black can?

That doesn't make sense. Why can't this get a release on home video but their other popular shows like House of Cards and Orange is the New Black can?
i agree with you but he's saying it's because daredevil is way, way, way, more popular. which isn't a good enough reason to me imo because you still need the subscription for the new episodes. but like you said, daredevil would hardly be the first netflix original to see a physical release and physical releases obviously sell otherwise netflix wouldn't be giving the go to release them

Since we got no DVD/blu-ray release before season 2 premiered, I'll be surprised if we ever get one.

Physical media is slowly fading away - maybe won't ever leave completely, but it's no longer dominant.

I still want a blu ray for this..that blu ray is like an collector item, its not just a tv series! I got a blu ray collection for all my fave movie/shows..gonna have daredevil in there too! GONNA HAVE IT!

Also, special features.

I shouldn't have to need internet to always watch this. I love owning a physical copy too.

It will happen, I'd bet on a box set of all the shows including the first season of The Defenders.

It's very clear as some have said it as to why it hasn't happened. Netflix won't let it, why would they? They want it to stay streaming exclusive.

Thankfully the streaming quality is top notch, of course, it won't ever reach what a BR with 50 gigs space and much higher bitrate would, but it's still pretty great.

It's very clear as some have said it as to why it hasn't happened. Netflix won't let it, why would they? They want it to stay streaming exclusive.

Thankfully the streaming quality is top notch, of course, it won't ever reach what a BR with 50 gigs space and much higher bitrate would, but it's still pretty great.

why would they? to make money.... they have released most other Netflix Originals to my knowledge also

I havent cancelled my netflix subscription for years but would shell out for DD, JJ etc on DVD so they're pottentially losing out of a lot of money from people like me who are willing to give them more money than I already do

I remember back in the day I would buy many a bootleg homemade DVD at comic conventions. I bought X2 and Spider-Man months before official release. I then bought the real things so it's not like I was cheating Marvel out of anything. I dare say that some enterprising young people could make a few bucks ripping good hard copies of DD. I know I'd buy a copy or two but maybe I'm too old school? Why wouldn't Netflix want a piece of this action now?

To think that this won't eventually be released on blu ray and DVD is silly. It will be. Both DD and JJ are extremely well received. They're part of the overall MCU just like Agent Carter and Agents of Shield. They will be released at some point for purchase without a doubt.

Like someone mentioned in this thread earlier, I could definitely see a bit bundle type thing with all them released together perhaps with Defenders. Or the individual shows released prior to Defenders. But yeah I'd say it's definitely happening at some point down the line. Just wouldn't make sense not to with the ABC shows getting releases as well as the films obviously.

A better question is has anyone in the entertainment business asked this question yet to anyone involved with the Marvel/Netflix side of things?

I remember back in the day I would buy many a bootleg homemade DVD at comic conventions. I bought X2 and Spider-Man months before official release. I then bought the real things so it's not like I was cheating Marvel out of anything. I dare say that some enterprising young people could make a few bucks ripping good hard copies of DD. I know I'd buy a copy or two but maybe I'm too old school? Why wouldn't Netflix want a piece of this action now?

I've seen them offered on a site....so I know they are out there.

This will get an official release at some point.

There's an ad in this month's Daredevil issue for the complete first season as a digital download (at least, it appears to be, all it says is "Own it Today on Digital HD!" I hope that means a physical copy will come soon.

I'll buy the DVDs or any artbook, any declassified collection etc.

Since we got no DVD/blu-ray release before season 2 premiered, I'll be surprised if we ever get one.

Physical media is slowly fading away - maybe won't ever leave completely, but it's no longer dominant.
I wouldn't be too sure about that. 4K blu-rays are in development.

uhhh...you do realize that several of netflix originals are on blu-ray, right? some have said that too.

Im thinking that holding the physical DVD is Marvel's decision, not Netflix. I could be wrong of course.

Whatever there reason it, it worked it got me subbed to Netflix just to watch all their Marvel shows.

just bumping this to say you can get seasons 1 and 2 on Blu ray. I don't know why season 3 isn't available yet.

I don't think there's any chance of a Season 3 DVD, sadly. At this point, they could have done a complete Defenders box set if they wanted to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"