• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man Demand an EXTENDED CUT. Send an E-MAIL to Sony now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super-

Civilian
Reaction score
1) "Extended Cut" does NOT mean the same thing as "Director's Cut" so don't use that phrase in your replies.

2) Extended Cuts only happen when the AUDIENCE demands it, not because the producers/directors already planned on releasing it before the theatrical version came out.

Send an E-mail to sony Sony immediately, and demand the Extended Cut.

I'm so angry right now because this movie is a ripoff (I'm talking about the theatrical version).

Whatever happaned to the footage from the trailers showing Peter putting on a white-labcoat and getting ready to "play god" with Dr. Connors?
Why would they cut that out when it was clearly meant to establish the growing chemistry between the characters?
They were going to interact in the lab and possibly have fun with each other and we would've gotten to see them share a common interest. But then the actual movie comes out and we never see that part happen at all. Ripoff!

Or what about the whole arc involving Connors feeling the need to turn against Peter personally: "If you want the truth, come and get it!".
I was waiting for that dynamic to start in the movie, but it never came. Ripoff!

Plus, the only comic-relief I remember from the movie were the physical gags when Peter was alone...Again, the trailers implied that there was going to be comic-relief that came from character-interaction (for example: Peter and Gwen poking fun at the fact that he's a wanted man, which would've been showing that Peter and Gwen were comfortable in their closure, while still knowing his secret) but that part never happened. Ripoff!

No wonder this movie only has low 70s on Rottentomatoes. The trailers promised us an internally/emotionally epic storyline about Peter and the mystery of his parents, plus an actual dymanic relationship between Peter and Connors...and we got NONE of that from the Theatrical version. Just because we see Peter kind-of "accidentally" looking into the story about his parents, doesn't change the fact that it's not shown in the way the trailers made us think it would.

Something needs to be done. Send an Email to Sony and demand the Extended Cut. I don't care if it's not attached to the first DVD/blu-ray that comes out, as long as we get the Extended Cut anyway. I'm not going to buy the "theatrical-only" version because it's NOT the version the trailers promised us. Demand the Extended Cut so that we can finally see the version that would've gotten high 80s (or even low 90s) on Rottentomatoes.

Seriously?

1. You already posted this rant in another thread.
2. That other thread is specifically for this kind of thing.
3. Your anger confuses me.

Seriously?
What do you mean "seriously"? There's nothing joke-ish about anything I mentioned in my post.

1. You already posted this rant in another thread.
1.1. NOBODY responded to that. It was OVERLOOKED because people only click on the LATEST replies.

1.2. For that exact reason, that "rant" is not there anymore. It's here now.

2. That other thread is specifically for this kind of thing.
2. No it's not. That other thread is just talking about saying how we feel about it WITHOUT bothering to do anything about it. This thread is telling people to TAKE ACTION, which that other thread is NOT.

Last edited:
dafuq is with you capitalizing certain words.

Time to say this...

Please stop making pointless threads. It's beyond a joke now. Within the past 2, 3 days, so many stupid threads have been made, threads that aren't even necessary. Threads that could be merged with other threads. There's like a 100 review threads, 50 or so on deleted scenes/things that were removed, etc.

*numbers may be exaggerated :p

Does it really matter? Enjoy the movie for what it is.

If they decide to release some sort of extended cut later on it'll be their decision, we don't need another Mass Effect 3 running around.

If anyone is gonna ask Sony for an extended cut, ask nicely please.

It would be great if the OP included an address we could e-mail or write a letter to. As well as write a template for what we should nicely ask for. Maybe set up a petition to sign.

Otherwise this call to action is worthless.

I must say I do 100% agree that any talk of Peter having had genetic tampering should not be in the movie, even in an Extended Cut.

Oh noes the movie is in the 70's on Rotten Tomatoes, means it sucks. Guess all the enjoyment I got out of it was not the way I was supposed to feel.

Time to say this...

Please stop making pointless threads. It's beyond a joke now. Within the past 2, 3 days, so many stupid threads have been made, threads that aren't even necessary. Threads that could be merged with other threads. There's like a 100 review threads, 50 or so on deleted scenes/things that were removed, etc.

*numbers may be exaggerated :p

QFT. Thank You. So many of them could've just been in the general one.

Write those E-mails, people. We can do this.

Marc Webb already said there are around 4 deleted scenes that will be on the DVD/Blu-Ray release, do we really need an Extended Cut?

1) "Extended Cut" does NOT mean the same thing as "Director's Cut" so don't use that phrase in your replies.

2) Extended Cuts only happen when the AUDIENCE demands it, not because the producers/directors already planned on releasing it before the theatrical version came out.

Send an E-mail to sony Sony immediately, and demand the Extended Cut.

I'm so angry right now because this movie is a ripoff (I'm talking about the theatrical version).

Whatever happaned to the footage from the trailers showing Peter putting on a white-labcoat and getting ready to "play god" with Dr. Connors?
Why would they cut that out when it was clearly meant to establish the growing chemistry between the characters?
They were going to interact in the lab and possibly have fun with each other and we would've gotten to see them share a common interest. But then the actual movie comes out and we never see that part happen at all. Ripoff!

Or what about the whole arc involving Connors feeling the need to turn against Peter personally: "If you want the truth, come and get it!".
I was waiting for that dynamic to start in the movie, but it never came. Ripoff!

Plus, the only comic-relief I remember from the movie were the physical gags when Peter was alone...Again, the trailers implied that there was going to be comic-relief that came from character-interaction (for example: Peter and Gwen poking fun at the fact that he's a wanted man, which would've been showing that Peter and Gwen were comfortable in their closure, while still knowing his secret) but that part never happened. Ripoff!

No wonder this movie only has low 70s on Rottentomatoes. The trailers promised us an internally/emotionally epic storyline about Peter and the mystery of his parents, plus an actual dymanic relationship between Peter and Connors...and we got NONE of that from the Theatrical version. Just because we see Peter kind-of "accidentally" looking into the story about his parents, doesn't change the fact that it's not shown in the way the trailers made us think it would.

Something needs to be done. Send an Email to Sony and demand the Extended Cut. I don't care if it's not attached to the first DVD/blu-ray that comes out, as long as we get the Extended Cut anyway. I'm not going to buy the "theatrical-only" version because it's NOT the version the trailers promised us. Demand the Extended Cut so that we can finally see the version that would've gotten high 80s (or even low 90s) on Rottentomatoes.

nobody should ever believe anything rotton tomatoes says,they're a joke and dont know jack ****e.Oh and I'll send an email to them and demand that as long as you send one and demand they dont kill off gwen stacy in the next film.you should be just as much concerned about that especially since they alreadu killed George.

btw,you said send an email.we'll can you at least supply the email address? people myself included,are not going to go hunt for it.you want people to do this,then you need to supply us with that email.Like i said,I'll do it as long as you supply it for us and you promise to email them as well not to kill off gwen.

Last edited:
be careful what you ask for...you may get the David Banner/Hulk origin

Didn't work with Spider-Man 3.:( The Amazing Spider-Man is already over 2 hours long, so how much longer do you want it to be?

This is what happens when you put your trust in Sony...the same people that ruined SM3 and SM4...but somehow were going to make up for it in ASM.........................

I don't think this movie needed one. Never once did I think oh this movie could have used another scene or 2. I thought all the characters that needed to be fleshed out were fleshed out and that it flowed at a good pace. They are called deleted scenes for a reason, they need to stay that way.

I wrote up a big long email explaining what I thought needed to be done to make the movie better.

What department at Sony handles this kind of thing as they do not have a 'crybaby' department? I mean I found out that the email to Sir Howard Stringer was [email protected] until it was disabled after another email campaign like this one annoyed them. Can you please give me his new one.

I'm starting to think this thread is like a circle. Pointless.

Thank you for today's entertainment lol! Close this thread!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back