Depp and Banderas in Sin City 2?

Reaction score

Source: MTV
March 27, 2007

MTV talked to Sin City 2 co-director Robert Rodriguez and star Rosario Dawson about the anticipated film, which will tell one story this time that may include Johnny Depp and Antonio Banderas. Here are several clips from the article:

"[Depp] was interested in doing the Jackie Boy character that Benicio [Del Toro] played [in the first one], but he was doing that movie 'Libertine' in Europe and it just kept getting pushed and delayed and went right through our shooting schedule," Rodriquez said of the actor he directed in "Once Upon a Time in Mexico." "But there is a better role for him in ['Hell and Back']. I kept going, 'Gosh, Jackie Boy is a small part, he could be really good [as Wallace].' When he wasn't available, I thought maybe it was meant to be."

While no deal is in place for Depp at the moment, Rodriguez seemed coyly confident they would get the Oscar-nominated actor. The director was equally excited about potentially casting another of his old favorites, Antonio Banderas.

"When I showed him the first sample of the work, he went, 'Man I'll do anything in that. I'll be the hunchback. You have to bring me onboard, that looks amazing,' " Rodriguez recalled. "So Frank met him that time too and he said, 'I have got to find something for that guy. I've never met him before. He's amazing.' [So we're] looking at the cast of characters and [looking] to see where he can fit."

Can't wait! But, when is this flick supposed to start production? Depp will be in London for the next few months shooting Sweeney Todd. And, his daughter sickness probably delayed production that was supposed to start in Feb.

Banderas! Depp! Hell yeah!

So Banderas could be in SC2, but wasn't Hell and Back scheduled to be in SC3?

Shooting is scheduled to begin sometime in June.

Well, lets see what happens. Depp is shooting Sweeney Todd right now. That film started shooting in February. However, his daughter got really sick recently and was in the hospital for a few weeks. So, that may have delayed production. Depp being Sin City 2 depends on how quickly Burton can shoot Sweeney Todd.

That article was kind of a contradiction. It was saying Rodriguez wants Depp for Hell and Back, but that's the story of the third movie, not the 2nd.

That article was kind of a contradiction. It was saying Rodriguez wants Depp for Hell and Back, but that's the story of the third movie, not the 2nd.
Yes, SuperHeroHype made a little confusion. Depp is supposed to play Wallace in the third movie, based on "Hell and back".

As much as I would love to see Depp in a Sin City movie, Jared Leto is still my choice for Wallace

Depp and Banderas in any Sin City movie is good news:up:

Yes, SuperHeroHype made a little confusion. Depp is supposed to play Wallace in the third movie, based on "Hell and back".

Actually several differant sites including IGN, MTV, and Joblo are saying the same thing, so maybe Wallace will have a small part or a cameo in Sin City 2.

Actually several differant sites including IGN, MTV, and Joblo are saying the same thing, so maybe Wallace will have a small part or a cameo in Sin City 2.
The source of the news was the MTV interview with Rodriguez and Rosario Dawson, where the director states:
Fans should expect anything but a "regular" experience in the third "Sin City." Rodriguez suggested it will revolve around "Hell and Back," the story of Wallace, a brooding artist who, due to being drugged repetitively, wanders through most of the tale hallucinating.

But if you think that's weird, wait until you see how it's played ... by Johnny Depp?

"He was interested in doing the Jackie Boy character that Benicio [del Toro] played [in the first one], but he was doing that movie 'Libertine' in Europe and it just kept getting pushed and delayed and went right through our shooting schedule," Rodriquez said of the actor he directed in "Once Upon a Time in Mexico." "But there is a better role for him in ['Hell and Back']. I kept going, 'Gosh, Jackie Boy is a small part, he could be really good [as Wallace].' When he wasn't available, I thought maybe it was meant to be."

While no deal is in place for Depp at the moment, Rodriguez seemed coyly confident they would get the Oscar-nominated actor.
Some people simply can't read.

Banderas not in Sin City 2?
http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2442&Itemid=99
During press for Shrek the Third, Antonio Banderas kind of cleared up any kind of speculation he’d be joining the second in the Frank Miller-adapted series. When asked who he’d play in the next movie, he said, “Everyone’s been asking me that, but I haven’t gotten a call from Robert yet. But knowing Robert, he’d give me a call the night before and I’ll do it.”

Who would he like to play? “I’d play anyone. Maybe he’d make up a part for me?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"