• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dark Phoenix Different mutant powers in the movie saga

Mutant 77

Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity
Reaction score
Hello guys, no criticism, just add some positive feedback and insight to the following descriptions of the "new" powers. Thanks!

1- Iceman: he apparently acquires an "ice armor form" in The Last Stand. It seems to me he was also made of pure ice in DOFP, you can notice it when the Sentinels kill him (twice). So his power further evolved.

2- Cyclops: his beam is pinkish-red with white streak in the middle, not full red. His concussive energy produces small friction and consequent tiny flames (evident in Origins and Apocalypse).

3- Gambit: he can charge one object with pure kinetic energy that "manifests" itself as kinetic blast (and not explosion), wherever the object hits the target. Same with his signature baton. His eyes become pink when he uses his power. Also: superhuman agility.

4- Mystique: he does retain superhuman agility, reflexes and stamina. Not sure about superhuman strength, even. I don't think so.

5- Warpath (DOFP): danger sense or enhanced sight? What do you think? There's one sequence... I guess it was enhanced night vision.

6- Shadowcat: chronokinesis. Time travel induction power. Secondary mutation...

7- Bishop: he can absorb radiant energy, store and then convert it into his signature red kinetic energy charging his special rifle.

8- Sunspot: no superhuman strength at all. He can generate solar fire (plasma). He can turn himself into a solar being reminiscent of The Human Torch. Am I right?

9- Negative Teenage Warhead: Lady Cannonball? Does she emit thermochemical blasts to propel herself? I don't think her powers are nuclear. She does not emit radiation. That would be dangerous for anyone close to her, including the X-Men.

10- Yukio: electricity manipulation/generation and technopathy. That would explain why she can fix Cable's device. She's like Forge.

11- Beast (human mode in FC): only his feet where big-sized, not the hands.

12- Jubilee (X2 - Apocalypse): electricity manipulation.

13- Havok: his signature plasma is red (not blue), and he can also emit red heat streams to stun people (see DOFP).

14- Angel (Apocalypse): his wings have tiny claws.

Any more suggestions?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"