Stand-Alone Movies Director A.J. Edwards says he is directing a Mace Windu film...

Marvolo

Avenger
Reaction score
Director A.J. Edwards recently took part in a Reddit AMA concerning his directorial debut THE BETTER ANGELS. The black and white indie tells the story of Abraham Lincoln's youth and comes with Terrence Malick's seal of approval all over the poster and trailer. Critics have not been as kind to the film, but in keeping with Lucasfilm's recent hiring of filmmakers with small filmographies like Gareth Edwards and Josh Trank, it seemed fair to ask Edwards if there was any truth to rumors of his involvement with the STAR WARS spin-offs. Here was his answer.

Talking about it, not able to say a lot yet. It will focus on Mace Windu.
http://m.joblo.com/joblo/news/56929

I really think he was facetious. Disney is systematically staying away from the Prequels (but they'll never own up to it). Hell, if you head over to the official site, there's any prequel stuff. Maybe on their twitter account once in a while, but they're just focusing on the new trilogy and the iconography of the original three.

Also, Mace isn't an interesting character. He was a bore in the movies; and while he was better on Clone Wars, he was the least interesting character there too.

Mace? Really? That's like the Boba Fett movie for me, i'm not all that interested lol

Doesn't excite me. Hope it's not true tbh. Think there are better routes they could take.

Would probably be nice to introduce new characters in the current timeline that would be able to cross over with the main films. Or else do an origin of the Sith film.

Yeah, I highly doubt this is true. So many more interesting characters than Mace Windu.

Does this mean Mace Windu survives his fall? Would it focus on him? Or will he just be one character of many who are trying to survive during the Empire's rule?

If done right. They can really make this movie bad-ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"