Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Kelly

Who the heck is KELLY?
Staff member
Reaction score
Early video:

Glenn Beck has started this series....

It was VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY interesting today, and VERY informative.

Here is a link to the transcript, and as soon as the video goes up, I'll post it here.

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/23656/

Just a few excerpts...

GLENN: Okay. Let's I don't even know where to I don't even know where to start here. I know there's a lot you have stuff that we can't, obviously because we're radio we can't show you now, but all of these are going to be we're going to cover all of these pictures and the video tonight, right?

MEIGS: Yes.

GLENN: Okay.

MEIGS: And what we try to do is the same thing we did with the 9/11 conspiracy theories. We can't tell you every we're not trying to tell you everything that FEMA's doing. Instead what we're doing is we're taking the claims that the conspiracy theories themselves make and we're just saying you claim that this barbed wire fence hides a big FEMA prison camp? Well, let's look and see what this picture really is. Let's send a crew. Let's just really establish what the facts are. And so we take the examples that are most popular on the Internet and just look and see if they're true or false.

MEIGS: And we go into it with an open mind, but we often find that the reality that's being presented by these groups is so far from the truth.

GLENN: Jim, what I found just on my own initial, I finally said, you know what, it's worth looking into was that there are things that, you know, in executive orders and FEMA laws, et cetera, et cetera that if you push it to the crazy extent, if you push it to, well, yes, the whole world is breaking down and we've gone into martial law that they do have the ability to do some of these things. True or false?

MEIGS: Well, it depends what the things are that you're talking about. The

GLENN: Well, not gassing Americans.

MEIGS: Well, one thing you see picked up a lot on these sites is a lot of old executive orders going back to the Kennedy administration and those have been revised and tightened up over the years but specifically none of these executive orders can overturn the Constitution, and in fact under the Reagan in the Reagan years a lot of the executive orders were unified and specifically with a specific statement that nothing therein is intended to violate the Constitution.

MEIGS: So, you know, it's important to remember that even a president can't do that. I do think people worry sometimes about the abuse of federal power and power accumulating in various situations. I think that it's important for people to be vigilant about that, which is precisely why things that are dishonor are terrible exaggerations don't really help that cause. They make people who are worried about abuses of executive power just look silly and, in fact, these are important issues that we should always be vigilant about.

GLENN: And this is why I've been saying on the air that we cannot we've got to be very careful. Somebody sent me some stuff from Nancy Pelosi that Nancy Pelosi apparently said, you know, all these really we've got to seize property and everything else. And I said and I called this person back and I said, where did you get this? And they said, well, you know, it comes from a good source, it's from a friend of mine; he said he checks it out. And I said, I don't believe any of these. If they are, I'm leading television with these on Monday, but I can't believe. Send them to the brain room. None of them are true. None of them are true. So we have to be able to be reasonable and actually talk about facts. So I'm going to play a little bit, and you'll see all of this on television, but this is from one of the most watched YouTube things on the FEMA camps. It is a gated building. It runs about 30 seconds and I want to I'll play a little bit. You'll see this on television, but here's a little bit of what you see on YouTube.

GLENN: You saw the footage, you went back and went into those same buildings that they went into and what did you find?

MEIGS: Well, we didn't find Auschwitz which is the implication of that video. And I think it is what we found is that it's a train repair facility just as the sign on the gate says. But, you know, if you look at the world from a certain perspective, any chain link expense is going to look suspicious to you and

GLENN: Well, my neighbors didn't like one.

MEIGS: But sometimes if you just knock on the door and ask to be let inside, they are happy to let you in and show you around. That's exactly what we did. It's an ordinary Amtrak facility. What's particularly interesting, that video is almost 15 years old and

GLENN: This has actually come out during the Clinton administration, right?

MEIGS: That's exactly right. And what we see often is that nothing really goes away on the Internet and something can be debunked, disproven or just be totally out of date and yet someone will pull it up, they will reedit it, they will put it into new context and someone will come along and see it. And these things often look very credible. They look like they are produced by news organizations or, you know, if you go to these websites, they have lots of facts and figures and maps and things that look very legitimate and so it takes a little bit of effort sometimes to dig down and say, okay, what is the source of that and in some cases you need to go pick up the phone and go visit a facility and see for yourself and see that the reality's really not as scary as it it's being portrayed.

Much more on the website....just something to wet your tastebuds....

Last edited:
[Heratic] It's the Government wanting you to BELIEVE it's fake! Why are there guards there!?! [/Heratic]

Do you love your country? <tears up> And do you fear for it?

<puts finger under left eye to illustrate that I'm crying>

:doom: :doom: :doom:

I have no bias against men that cry.

Especially when the reason for the emotion is something I too am passionate about.

Glad he started this up. At the end of the episode last night he mentioned something about one of the concentration camps actually being here so I'm interested to see what he is talking about.

Here is the newest video from Glenn Beck on this subject...

Of course, those who believe in the FEMA death camps , will no doubt claim Beck is just covering up.

Of course, those who believe in the FEMA death camps , will no doubt claim Beck is just covering up.

They already are....when you search on You Tube about this, you will get other videos saying that he has sold out.....etc.

It's funny that conservatives are saying Obama is gonna but us in FEMA camps because a few years ago, liberals were saying Cheney and Bush were gonna put us in them. Same bs, different people.

It's funny that conservatives are saying Obama is gonna but us in FEMA camps because a few years ago, liberals were saying Cheney and Bush were gonna put us in them. Same bs, different people.

If you are talking about Heratic in regards to "conservatives", he was referencing Government. Not Obama. I can see Government doing this too, some day. Will it be under Obama, I don't know, but our Government HAS done this before for different reasons in the past.

If you are talking about Heratic in regards to "conservatives", he was referencing Government. Not Obama. I can see Government doing this too, some day. Will it be under Obama, I don't know, but our Government HAS done this before for different reasons in the past.

Well when it was with the liberals conspiracy theory section, it was said Cheney and Haliburton were mainly responsible for the overseeing of the camps creation and that when martial law was declared under Bush, political dissidents would be put in them. And I've seen Beck's interest in the subject now and it sounds a lot like him suggesting Obama might be the one who will open operations at the camp. So I think both sides were/are primarily focusing on the connection between the President and the camp.

Maybe both parties are working together!

*dun dun dun*

Or it's simply "keep passing the same ********, just change the names of those involved".

Like how a local minister delivered flyers around Memphis saying "88 reasons why jesus will return in 1988", and then the next year it was "89 reasons why jesus will return in 1989". However, he ran out of reasons and stopped with the flyers. Last I heard, he was dealing with charges of sexually abusing kids.

Or how TheSumofGod would post on here why the US would go to war with Iran, but then it never happened, so instead of admitting "hey, I'm just making crap up", he kept bumping it back to cover his ass.

Last edited:
Actually I don't think ANY OF THIS, has to do with Obama.....this has been talked about for YEARS....

Or it's simply "keep passing the same ********, just change the names of those involved".

Like how a local minister delivered flyers around Memphis saying "88 reasons why jesus will return in 1988", and then the next year it was "89 reasons why jesus will return in 1989". However, he ran out of reasons and stopped with the flyers. Last I heard, he was dealing with charges of sexually abusing kids.

Or how TheSumofGod would post on here why the US would go to war with Iran, but then it never happened, so instead of admitting "hey, I'm just making crap up", he kept bumping it back to cover his ass.

I remember there was a thread about that Iran thing. Who ever started it claimed there was proof that Bush would start it by August 08.

:hehe:

I have mixed feelings about Glenn Beck. On the one hand, he did this:

:cmad:

But on the other hand, he did this:

:word:

I guess he's a force of nature... Sometimes he rains when you want it, and othertimes he rains when you don't want it. For every bad point he makes though, he seems to make 2 good ones, so I guess that's pretty good overall.

I understand that, and we've talked about it in the Fox News thread...

As far as this thread, its really more about bringing up these types of myths, and giving sides using actual documentation to debunk or prove.

It just so happened, that in this case....Beck is the one that is asking the questions.

2 out of 3 is 66%. A D+

I got whuppings if I brought them home. It's not something people boast about

eh....Beck isn't the only one who's ignorant against videogames.

Most politicians, pundits, from all spectrums don't know jack **** about videogames...and talk as if they've played em the other day.

I'm convinced none of them know anything about it, until like the year 2030 or 2040 when most of the gamers today, may be involved. Maybe.

what will people do in the FEMA camps?? just hang out or what??

I think they are going to play cards and dominos....

what will people do in the FEMA camps?? just hang out or what??

Most of those video posters and conspiracy theorist think they will turn into death camps to weed out the "undesireables". The militias, all non-christians, druggies, illegals, hippies, commies, marxists, anybody who disagrees with the Fed. THe President will declare martial law one day and then FEMA agents and the Military will start rounding everybody up.

There's video's of FEMA Coffins as well. Those are pretty funny as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"