Discussion: Racism - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's time to retire the slogan and go back to the drawing board.

Has BLM accomplished anything at all?

There is no organization and people like these will make tensions worse...which I think some people want.

The problem is anything that questions the police or treatment of black people "makes tensions worse". BLM is flawed, but at least the movement doesn't back down from that truth. One that has continually been over the years.

That is one of the reason BLM is seen a "problem". They are a consistent presence that is trying to hold cops accountable. And because of that, they are considered an irritant.

Last edited:
Surprised the story about the Trump delegate from Chicago hasn't been brought up in this thread.

An elected Trump delegate from Chicago known for months to be a white supremacist has had her credentials stripped by the Illinois Republican party after posting a racial slur to Facebook and making “threats of violence" against black people.

Lori Gayne, a delegate from the Fifth Congressional District, posted a photo of law enforcement officers standing on the roof of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, along with a racist caption, reported the Chicago Sun-Times.

“Our brave snipers just waiting for some “n---- to try something. Love them.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...revoked-posting-racial-slur-article-1.2719994

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...delegate-removed-met-0721-20160720-story.html

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/177430402-story

Back in May, a Chicago Tribune profile revealed that Gayne was posting under the handle "whitepride" on social media.

The Illinois Republican Party is now facing questions about their vetting process, particularly why they didn’t know about Gayne’s Twitter account.

“Our staff didn’t know who she was until she showed up here in Cleveland,” Schneider said.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/war...ntion-for-racist-facebook-post-387834021.html

I'm glad it hasn't been brought up, why give that kind of hate any of our time?

Because this isn't just some rando on Facebook, Gayne was an official delegate sent to the Republican National Convention.

So the party that are the ones denying that the party is insanely racist seem to not be getting the memo to try not to act like such constant asshats during the convention.

because everyone needs to see that this ignorance festers throughout our society and maybe if people see enough ugliness theyll stand up and do something about it

because everyone needs to see that this ignorance festers throughout our society and maybe if people see enough ugliness theyll stand up and do something about it

I'm fine with it being seen, but I don't need to discuss it to ad nauseaum.... it ends up giving voice to that ignorance rather than stamping it out immediately.

So the party that are the ones denying that the party is insanely racist seem to not be getting the memo to try not to act like such constant asshats during the convention.

It is hard to not be who you are.... :)

So people shouted BLM during the moment of silence for officers at the DNC. You stay classy BLM.

So people shouted BLM during the moment of silence for officers at the DNC. You stay classy BLM.

Par for the course. They've made it abundantly clear they don't have a lick of class.

These disruptive children are not part of any serious conversation about racial division.

Par for the course. They've made it abundantly clear they don't have a lick of class.

These disruptive children are not part of any serious conversation about racial division.

lol They are the ones that are getting beaten, shot, and abused. Of course they aren't going to have the same sensitivity when it comes to the police. You literally have people being abused by the police everyday and people pretend like the protesters are just over reacting.

The police in large black neighborhoods in the United State's treat African American's just as bad as the police in Eastern European counties treats there citizens.

Things like this happen on a daily basis but because most of this stuff doesn't get filmed the police get away with it and other police office and the public at large will just defend them no mater what. Most of the white people in this country sees this stuff as individual isolated incidents but for the people that live in those communities this is an every day occurrence and the police can get away with it because the public sympathy of white Americans is always with the police.

[YT]SlYg6BUAHBU[/YT]
[YT]M7va0JPgYQ8[/YT]

Black bodies are murdered and people are concerned about class. Says a lot.

Black bodies are murdered and people are concerned about class. Says a lot.
You know who's also being murdered? Police officers. Aint no difference from shouting "Blue Lives Matter" in a moment of silence of the deaths of Castille, Sterling or anybody else. They need to show some respect.

I want BLM supporters to start a township with no police officers and see how that experiment goes.

You know who's also being murdered? Police officers. Aint no difference from shouting "Blue Lives Matter" in a moment of silence of the deaths of Castille, Sterling or anybody else. They need to show some respect.
State sanctioned murder makes the difference.

And the murderers are being arrested, and or killed.

Getting voices heard, interrupting scripts, getting names out there, and holding those accountable is something, especially against a system that is so safeguarded from any kind of critique.

Last edited:
And BLM does nothing constructive about it.
I am not disagreeing, but isn't it also fair to say the majority of police organizations aren't either? Like the crazy thing union leaders say and blue wall being put up adds to the divide as well. But this is ignored all the time.

Why is it so easy to pick on BLM, but ignore that kind of stuff?

Getting voices heard, interrupting scripts, getting names out there, and holding those accountable is something, especially against a system that is so safeguarded from any kind of critique.

But BLM does stuff like shutting down a gay pride parade, or heckling Bernie Sanders of all people. Stuff that has nothing to do with holding accountable the people actually doing the oppression or persecution. It's attention ****ing.

The gay parade incident is one of the stupidest, absurd and most obnoxious things I can remember. And considering I have got a good year of Trump, that is saying something.

The BLM cannot come up with a solid, cohesive agenda, and because of that they will never get the change, or anywhere near the change they want...because they don't really know what that change needs to be. STOP KILLING BLACK PEOPLE, is not an agenda. They (and trying to figure out who exactly they are)have no desire to come at this problem from any other direction, other than, the one I stated above. So, now EVERY TIME a black citizen is killed, they scream "police brutality" immediately, and because of that it has become a "cry wolf" scenario and people will stop listening. So they get louder, and more disruptive. THEN you have others that are trying to follow the same path as MLK, and through civil disobedience get their voices heard, which is fine, except you then get a few that come in to disrupt, and then the mob mentality kicks in....and everything they wanted to accomplish ends up a mess.

Then you have people like the rappers here in Houston, that have called on influential black people here in Houston to move their money to the only black owned bank in the city.....THAT IS A PLAN. They want to build the economy and independence within the black community KNOWING that that will be a way to stop the crime within these communities. They are putting their money where their mouth is....

BLM is still just a "saying", it is not yet an "organized movement"....IF it can become that, then they will be the influence they want to be, but screaming it at the top of their lungs, or condemning a group that has a BBQ picnic with the police in their community as "not being what BLM is all about" then the only influence they will be is a negative one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"