Discussion: Society and Politics

The aid to Ukraine (which has been turned into a loan for the newest aid to pass the R House) and Israel is small in comparison to the $800+ billion annual federal military budget, which itself is just a part of the overall yearly budget.

States and cities in particular are the ones that need to step it up when it comes to housing as they are the front line of the housing market that makes decisions on how to zone and so much more.
Maybe some of that military budget should go towards troops manning the southern border. :(

Screw Isreal's far right genocidal government.

And screw appeasement towards Putin.

Good, because they've been overdoing it for a while now.

A new survey from the organization finds only 27% of people under 60 without children say they ever plan to have them.

"For millennials, 2 in 5 actually cited cost as the reason that they don't feel that they can have kids," said Palmer.

Researchers say there are lots of reasons Americans may be choosing to be child-free, like uncertainties surrounding the future of reproductive health care, climate change and finally, the cost. The price tag for raising a child until the age of 17 is about $306,000.

Last edited:

Maker of Tinder, Hinge sued over 'addictive' dating apps that put profits over love​

Obviously if (monogamous) people were successful with the apps, there would be very few customers for these services left. Much like with (mobile) video games, they want addicts that the industry refers to as 'whales' (big spenders).

The sooner these apps go away the better.

Bumble did an IPO in 2021 and is 85% down on share price to date.

Last edited:

The sooner these apps go away the better.

Bumble did an IPO in 2021 and is 85% down on share price to date.

I met my wife on bumble, and had a lot of success on the app prior.

The get to know you chatter can indeed be mindless, but that's largely because there's no compatibility in any random pair of two people. And if there is, try and meet up quickly rather than endlessly chatting.

Good, because they've been overdoing it for a while now.
Not really, Europe etc have far more in their Movies etc.
This is the direct result of the drift to the far right with Religious nonsense that is happening in shockingly large number in America.
America was always rather tame on that front, and it seems to get only worse.

Still baffled about the Discourse on Oppenheimer that shows how dead Media Literacy is.
A lot of young people are lazy workers, they can hardly pull themselves away from their phones. I can't see many of those eagerly embracing the drastic life change parenthood would bring. :(
Most young people realize how F***ed they are because housing, life costs etc are so high.
Young people are not really hyped to go to work, get exploited by greedy companies and barely be able to afford the basics.
If they barely make enough to support themself, they sure as hell wont bring kids into such a world...especially when America is doing little to help.
When Politicans vote against safety for children, against free meals for kids...you cant blame young people these days for not wanting to bring kids into a world they can barely feed and the Country wont feed either.
I honestly think AI could do a better job at selling Religion than Humans.
But if you do that, then i need even more that the Church is being forced to pay taxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"