• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues IV

Definitely would have preferred the 50k but I’ll take what I can get. At this point, the extension of the pause is more valuable to me than the 10k relief.

Sources: Biden announcing $10K federal student loan cancellation :: WRAL.com

Over half of people that qualify for this would have their federal student debt greatly reduced or eliminated completely.

Cue the Bernistas on social media b**ching how “it’s still not enough.”

If center-left Democrats spent as much time b**ching about the right as they do about people in their own party and instead actually worked with the left, they'd probably accomplish a lot more, just saying.

Last edited:
If center-left Democrats spent as much time b**ching about the right as they do about people in their own party and instead actually worked with the left, they'd probably accomplish a lot more, just saying.
Except, IMO, they aren't really center left. Bernie, IMO, is center left, but hey this is the US and we aren't representative of the civilized world. That being said, your point is essentially true and shows that these "Dems" really have more in common with "moderate" Repubs than they do with the progressive wing of their own party and think supply and demand is the greatest economic model in the world.....they're wrong, but benefiting from it.

So I'm someone who paid off my student loan and it took me years. So I understand the people who are upset with any type of school loan forgiveness. However, I went back to school for a second degree and if this applicable to me, I'm not turning down the money especially since I'm assuming I have to apply for it because I'm sure you have to submit some sort of financial records.

"Someone else did not suffer as me or caught a break I did not. It's not fair and I want everyone else to suffer as I did."

Instead of being fine with other pepole who clearly have not been able to pay off their excessive student loan debts, some of you are mad about it? It's not fair? What is fair about putting someone into debt for 10, 20 or even 30 years, especially when it cost them more than it ever gave them? If they can't pay off their debts that quickly it obviously did not benefit them like it did you.

Wages are too high = workers are taking money away from the rich.

What is fair about putting someone into debt for 10, 20 or even 30 years, especially when it cost them more than it ever gave them?

If college education doesn't actually, as it was and still widely is perceived to, result in greater, worthwhile benefits that's a much bigger issue than that some debt is gotten to get the college education. I believe though it does still result in much more increased earnings including after the debt repayments are taken into account and so taking on the debt getting the education and paying it off is still a big net benefit.

If they can't pay off their debts that quickly it obviously did not benefit them like it did you.

The time it takes to pay off student debt has decreased relative to previous generations.

Forgive my ignorance, but is there a legitimate reason for waiting until mere hours before a government shutdown to pass a budget Or is it just republicans being *******s?

Forgive my ignorance, but is there a legitimate reason for waiting until mere hours before a government shutdown to pass a budget Or is it just republicans being *******s?
Par for the course around here lately. :(

It's typical Republican bull****. They always wait until the last possible second to do anything. And sometimes they fail to even do anything after the time is up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"