Discussion: The Iraq War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah. The middle-east is a bomb ready to explode and our involvement over there is just tossing gas on the fire. It's tragic.

I'll give him credit for following through on "Bush's 2008 Drawdown Plan" because I pretty much believe that McCain would have changed that plan and left more than the 50,000 that will be left after August 31, 2010. So, I'm all for that, and glad for it, even though I want ALL TROOPS OUT, and will always blame Bush for putting them there in the first place.

Obama's Drawdown plan as stated in his debate before Super Tuesday was 2009, 11 months after he becomes President. That changed when he actually got into the office and reality hit....

But, I don't care, 90,000 troops out. More power to him....50,000 to go and I'll be happy.

Yeah, I'm very happy to see the combat troops out. I know that there are still 50K left to assist the Iraqi police force, but that is to be expected but it is still a massive withdrawal of troops any way you look at it. Of course, Obama won't get much credits for this, since I've already read FB comments where his distractors claimed that this will make Iraq instable, and US will have to go back again (which is a ridiculous argument). US is still emboiled in another war in Afghanistan, and I hope eventually US will pull their troops from that country as well.

I think it's a great achievement nontheless. Now, let's get the other 50,000 non-combat troops home. :up:

Send them home...or get them ready for Iran?

Probably the latter. Achmadinnerjacket seems quite intent on being the new Saddam, and if his country starts proliferating WMDs then war is pretty much inevitable because he's made it quite clear that he doesn't care about the UN's empty threats. Being sanctioned by the UN is like having weakling parents who say "If you don't stop, I'm gonna spank you!" but they never have the balls to actually do it, even if you ignore them.

I think it's a great achievement nontheless. Now, let's get the other 50,000 non-combat troops home. :up:

Amen. It's good that it is finally over with though. A shame it hasn't been getting too much coverage in the last year or so though.

Probably the latter. Achmadinnerjacket seems quite intent on being the new Saddam, and if his country starts proliferating WMDs then war is pretty much inevitable because he's made it quite clear that he doesn't care about the UN's empty threats. Being sanctioned by the UN is like having weakling parents who say "If you don't stop, I'm gonna spank you!" but they never have the balls to actually do it, even if you ignore them.

He's not smart enough to be the new Saddam...

True, but a stupid man with his finger on a button is potentially more dangerous than a smart man in the same position. The smart man weighs his options and considers the consequences, while the stupid man is more likely to seek instant gratification for their emotions regardless of potential consequences.

Yeah, I'm very happy to see the combat troops out. I know that there are still 50K left to assist the Iraqi police force, but that is to be expected but it is still a massive withdrawal of troops any way you look at it. Of course, Obama won't get much credits for this, since I've already read FB comments where his distractors claimed that this will make Iraq instable, and US will have to go back again (which is a ridiculous argument). US is still emboiled in another war in Afghanistan, and I hope eventually US will pull their troops from that country as well.

I was with Bush when he went into Afghanistan and if he had just stayed in Afghanistan I would have supported him all the way as far as the war was concerned. It's when he started that "WMDs in Iraq" lie is when he lost me.

That being said, I agree, I think it's now time to start getting out of Afghanistan.

I was never for sending troops into either....

True, but a stupid man with his finger on a button is potentially more dangerous than a smart man in the same position. The smart man weighs his options and considers the consequences, while the stupid man is more likely to seek instant gratification for their emotions regardless of potential consequences.

That's a very good point.

Am I the only one who thinks we won't be going into Iran? If we had really wanted to invade Iran, we would have already done so. Besides, our troops are stretched as it is and a showdown with North Korea is more likely at this point than Iran. North Korea is more of a pariah than Iran is.

Question: Do we still have troops in the former Yugoslavia and if so, why the hell are they still there?

I have a hard time seeing us go into Iran.

I honestly have no idea...

I hope we have left already. I know we were there after the split of Yugoslavia and then again after Kosovo. If we are still there, it could solve some of our troop problems. Would not make any lick of sense if we were still there because that area is stable now and it's something that the European Union can probably handle by themselves.

Same, which is why I don't think we will go.

Do you know if we still have troops in the Former Yugoslavia?

Yeah we do, about 1,700 US troops are part of the approximately 10,000 KFOR/NATO assistance force helping EUFOR Althea. There are also intelligence operatives looking for war criminals, Al-Qaeda operatives, and Russian spies, etc. EUFOR Althea has about 20 Nations serving. (Spain and Italy are among the main contributors), Albania, Chile, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Switzerland and Turkey are other big contributors.

Yeah we do, about 1,700 US troops are part of the approximately 10,000 KFOR/NATO assistance force helping EUFOR Althea. There are also intelligence operatives looking for war criminals, Al-Qaeda operatives, and Russian spies, etc. EUFOR Althea has about 20 Nations serving. (Spain and Italy are among the main contributors), Albania, Chile, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Switzerland and Turkey are other big contributors.

It's not much. I thought it was much higher than that for some reason. Would not have made much sense if the number was much higher that 1,700.

Well, we certainly will have the troops with the draw down in Iraq....

Just blow the damn things up.......hell we don't even have to fly over, we can do it with the navy....

This is ridiculous...

Well, we certainly will have the troops with the draw down in Iraq....

Just blow the damn things up.......hell we don't even have to fly over, we can do it with the navy....

This is ridiculous...

You have to be joking right... :dry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume