• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Discussion: UK Politics

Looks like the bills might be rising before October now.

Honestly can't believe I'm saying this but myself and my wife make decent money, we've got a new baby and I'm really concerned about how we're going to afford to run our household in the winter. Absolutely nuts

Honestly can't believe I'm saying this but myself and my wife make decent money, we've got a new baby and I'm really concerned about how we're going to afford to run our household in the winter. Absolutely nuts
Yeah, it’s quite unprecedented the scale of rises. Good luck brother. :up:

Rishi and Liz are currently trying to impress the Tory ultras (who don't care about the working class or lower middle class) so that they can win their internal election.

We have Liz saying everyone in the UK is lazy and Rishi saying we need to move money from deprived urban areas and into posh villages. People still think one of these two are going to try to tackle the cost of living crisis and fuel poverty issue.

Things are going to get real dark in the next six months in Britain. The more people slide in poverty then the bigger chance of seeing some real civil unrest.

Rishi and Liz are currently trying to impress the Tory ultras (who don't care about the working class or lower middle class) so that they can win their internal election.

We have Liz saying everyone in the UK is lazy and Rishi saying we need to move money from deprived urban areas and into posh villages. People still think one of these two are going to try to tackle the cost of living crisis and fuel poverty issue.

Things are going to get real dark in the next six months in Britain. The more people slide in poverty then the bigger chance of seeing some real civil unrest.

I genuinely think that this winter and next year could see the biggest upheavals across the entire Western world since 1968.

Liz Truss confirmed as next PM (as expected).

You know, there are benefits of a parliamentary system. The UK is set on making sure everyone believes its a clown show though.

You know, there are benefits of a parliamentary system. The UK is set on making sure everyone believes its a clown show though.

Bit early for that lol, she hasn’t even started yet. What kind of dumb ****s want Boris back?!

Truss names Kwasi Kwarteng as chancellor.

Edit: also James Cleverly as Foreign Minister

Its a real mind**** to think that when she became Queen, Stalin was still in power in the USSR, Churchill was British Prime Minister and Joe Biden was 10 years old.
She’s been a constant for the country since way before I was born. Really will be upsetting if she’s gone.

Been announced that she’s died now. :csad::csad::csad:

Even as an American, this is still an end of an era. She has been a symbol of the not just the monarchy by the Country/Commonwealth. RIP.

I had the privilege of visiting Scotland in July and I loved it there. However, lot of people we talked to felt like Scotland should be on it's own country. (I apologize if this has been discussed here previously.) One person said, that they are just waiting for more younger people grow up and are able to vote so that Scotland could succeed.

I know a lot of people including politicians have a level of loyalty to the Queen. I'm wondering with her passing if things will begin to change and UK people please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think that loyalty will transfer to King Charles. (That just sounds weird to type.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"