• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do kids still read comics?

My kid is seven and she use to read sonic the hedgehog on a monthy basis but now she pretty much just reads graphic novels geared toward kids and teens like Zita the Space Girl and the Amulet series. She got Rapunzel's Revenge and Tower of Treasure: Three Thieves from the library last week. She's also read all my old marvel G.I. Joes comics (she likes Scarlett) and has quite a collection of Barbie comics from 1991 that she bought at the flea market for $10.

When I was a kid, there was a comics rack in my local grocery store, and at the gas station. I could see them when my parents were shopping and turn on the begging.

Now you have to go to a comic shop, so unless the parent is into comics, the kid won't get exposed. Maybe kids will catch on to digital comics as tablets become more mainstream and accessible for younger and younger ages.
We find trades and graphic novels in book shops
And as we don't have comic book shops, I find comics in supermarkets, and sometimes flea markets

If comics were back in mainstream grocery/retail stores, they'd sell. Imagine how many kids would be begging for the Iron Man comic by the cashier's counter if they had just seen the new Avengers movie?

Where I live they sell comics in regular grocery stores. But there's not much to choose from.

Same here but it depends on the grocery store. You can find them with the magazines.

We have "The Phantom" over here, but in some cities it is hard to find the comic. When I was younger and lived with my parents, I had to take the bus to the next city if I wanted it.

American comic books? No. Mangas and comics from certain European countries are usually popular with kids in their respective countries

When it comes to the big two companies, kids don't really read comics anymore. The average American comic book reader is in between the ages of 15 and 35.

Basically the slice of life type stories, no action then.

The reality-namely, the comic reading audience consisting of adults-makes the editorial policy of heroes not being married/engaged/in a partnership utterly stupid. A considerable percentage of the people who read the comics are adults; it's somewhat weird that the heroes are still going through crushes/girlfriends, when they should have deeper relationships, like those the readers have.

The reality-namely, the comic reading audience consisting of adults-makes the editorial policy of heroes not being married/engaged/in a partnership utterly stupid. A considerable percentage of the people who read the comics are adults; it's somewhat weird that the heroes are still going through crushes/girlfriends, when they should have deeper relationships, like those the readers have.

Maybe the comics are aimed at men with a midlife crisis.

"Man, I'm sick and tired of my boring wife. I wanna date again, waaah, waaah:csad:"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"