• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do-over?!

Cracker Jack said:
Hurmp :( Sava, Think of it this way; you're working on a statue of Big Ben. You deside to update Big Ben. When you're finished with it you see that it has some flaws and find out that people don't like the idea that you changed an Icon. So, you put that one aside and make one new statue, this time more like the real Big Ben. What do you call the second statue?
remake?

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Well AD posted something that says they are looking to cast someone new for Bruce Banner, not an official source but someone seemingly in the know. Also they way Arad said do-over made it sound somewhat like a re-make.
i think Marvel will be stupid to do that, i doubt they are. Remember that a few years ago there was a someone saying that Bana didnt want to do Hulk 2 cause he wanted to be in a Guy Ritchie film?

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I disagree with the first part, i think Kongs CGI was better despite being much harder to do IMO.
fair enough, WETA are the better people at the moment, but they've just been doing a select few where as ILM do nearly everything else

Sava said:

Or a "do-over" :) I don't really care either way. Sequel or "do-over. Sure, I'm all for a re-start, remake, do-over or whatever you want to call it. However, I'm not realy sure if it's the right time for that or not. :confused: We'll see.

Cracker Jack said:
Or a "do-over" :) I don't really care either way. Sequel or "do-over. Sure, I'm all for a re-start, remake, do-over or whatever you want to call it. However, I'm not realy sure if it's the right time for that or not. :confused: We'll see.
same here, i'm all for a remake, just not now, if they are going to release a Hulk film in the next 2 years or so, then its too damn early for a remake or a do-over, Avi surely knows that.

Sava said:
its too damn early for a remake or a do-over, Avi surely knows that.

Maybe, maybe not. This could be a good thing. It's never been done before. It's kind of ironic though. The Hulk in 1962 lasted 6 issues and was cancelled. Then came RAMPAGING back. Maybe history will repete itself. :up:

Cracker Jack said:
Maybe, maybe not. This could be a good thing. It's never been done before. It's kind of ironic though. The Hulk in 1962 lasted 6 issues and was cancelled. Then came RAMPAGING back. Maybe history will repete itself. :up:
i hope so, but i'll still be a bit pissed, if they are going for a do-over, then they'll recast all the main cast and i really like Bana as Banner :(

Well according to another post, that's what they'er doing. I hope that's just that guy opinion. But if it is a true "do-over', then I would guess it will be re-cast as well.

Sava said:
fair enough, WETA are the better people at the moment, but they've just been doing a select few where as ILM do nearly everything else

True, i'll give you that one:O

Cracker Jack said:
Well according to another post, that's what they'er doing. I hope that's just that guy opinion. But if it is a true "do-over', then I would guess it will be re-cast as well.

Well, i'll say this, if it is a 'do-over', then it wont be as good as Ang's version, and i doubt many people who disliked the first one will go and watch this one. If a re-make is what they are going for, they need to wait another few years before they go ahead with it IMO.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Well, i'll say this, if it is a 'do-over', then it wont be as good as Ang's version, and i doubt many people who disliked the first one will go and watch this one.

What makes you say that? How could you know that it won't be as good if not better than Angs Hulk? No one know the story, the director, ect...And like a lot of people have been saying, the CGI is 100% better than it was three years ago.

Cracker Jack said:
What makes you say that? How could you know that it won't be as good if not better than Angs Hulk? No one know the story, the director, ect...And like a lot of people have been saying, the CGI is 100% better than it was three years ago.

But CGI is not what i am worried about, have you seen X3, yeah, same guy writing this that wrote that disaster, and i doubt the director they will be more talented than Ang Lee.

No I haven't seen X-3. Yet. But just because the guy wrote one bad script doesn't mean he can't improve on the nest. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I understand that you and a lot of the other like Angs Hulk and a "Do-Over" could completely suck (I'll be the first to admit that it does when and if it does.) However, I'll wait until I see the final product before I like or dislike it.

Cracker Jack said:
No I haven't seen X-3. Yet. But just because the guy wrote one bad script doesn't mean he can't improve on the nest. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I understand that you and a lot of the other like Angs Hulk and a "Do-Over" could completely suck (I'll be the first to admit that it does when and if it does.) However, I'll wait until I see the final product before I like or dislike it.

The guy just hasnt just wrote one disaster, he's written 3 or 4 check his filmography, but to his credit, he admits the movies are poor. And i have said numerous times on this board that i will give Penn every chance with this movie, as he wont have as many restrictions as he did with X3 IMO. But i think it is Marvel making the mistake of re-making this instead of doing a sequel.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
The guy just hasnt just wrote one disaster, he's written 3 or 4 check his filmography, but to his credit, he admits the movies are poor. And i have said numerous times on this board that i will give Penn every chance with this movie, as he wont have as many restrictions as he did with X3 IMO. But i think it is Marvel making the mistake of re-making this instead of doing a sequel.

It could very well be a mistake. Time will surely tell. I think that if his story sucks it wont see the light of day. Just becaue they hired him to write the story doesn't mean that they have to use it. It could be 10 year before they have the story they want. Then a re-start would make better sense. LOL :) I know he wrote X-3 . What other movies did he write?

Cracker Jack said:
that makes no sense... really, does that make any sense to you?

Cracker Jack said:
It could very well be a mistake. Time will surely tell. I think that if his story sucks it wont see the light of day. Just becaue they hired him to write the story doesn't mean that they have to use it. It could be 10 year before they have the story they want. Then a re-start would make better sense. LOL :) I know he wrote X-3 . What other movies did he write?
elektra :D :up:

Sava said:
that makes no sense... really, does that make any sense to you?

What doesn't make any sense? My post or re-casting. I know my post rarely make sense, but you don't have to go blabing it all over the boards. LOL :) :D

It's was in one of the other threads. I think it was a quote from Moviehole. If I remember correctly is seemed to be more of the guy opinion.

Cracker Jack said:
What doesn't make any sense? My post or re-casting. I know my post rarely make sense, but you don't have to go blabing it all over the boards. LOL :) :D

It's was in one of the other threads. I think it was a quote from Moviehole. If I remember correctly is seemed to be more of the guy opinion.
i meant them starting all over again so soon

Sava said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm yep, this movies going to suck. :down ;) :p Well he didn't..........................................I have no argument. :O But he was..................................................... I haven't seen Electa either. LOL

Cracker Jack said:

Elektra, Last Action Hero, Inspector Gadget!!!!!!

Sava said:
i meant them starting all over again so soon

Well, I think Scandy put it best. Avi has been running around for the past three years trying to sell a sequel to Angs Hulk. All we got is the Hulk in steady rotation on the USA network. LOL

If you have no backer (investors) who are interested in dishing out their money for a sequel that didn't so what everyone had hoped for. You tell them that you're making a "do-over" and it will be closer to the comic. And that is essentially what Avi said in that interview.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Last Action Hero

It's one of my gulity pleasures but admittedly, I saw the humor in this movie. :O

Question, were the stories bad or was the direction and actors bad? With Electra, I can dismiss that one because it was rushed into production. Who directed it?

Rob Bowman directed Elektra, and the story was bad, Penn did say he intended it to be R rated, but the story still would have been bad.

Well I'm sure that even the very best writter have written their share of stinkers. Pardon me but I'm not really all that well versed in director and their work what else has Rob Bowman directed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"