Do you consider Ang Lee's Hulk MCU canon?

Aztec

Sidekick
Reaction score
Look Ang Lee's Hulk is much maligned (and justifiable IMHO) but there are definitely some people who really enjoy it. Since time wise, overall story wise*, and character background wise it could POSSIBLY still be in canon within the MCU; I was wondering how many of you consider it to be?

*There are definitely some plot holes to be sure.

My take is that I'd have to say no it's not canon. Aside from the obvious continuity errors it would introduce: the relationship between the Ross', Betty's injury during the first Hulk out, the fact that the original Hulk out took place at a completely different laboratory, and the manner of Banner gaining his powers...it still doesn't fit. Why? Because the entire tone and characterization doesn't fit with TIH/Avengers at all. It clearly just doesn't go.

So what are your thoughts?

Last edited:
I consider all Marvel movies to be in continuity with each other :D

The fact that I find Ang's Hulk one of the least impressive films in the genre,I don't consider it canon.:oldrazz:

It's as much canon as that godawful Captain America film from the 90s.

Just curious from some of the posts I read on here. No need to get offended, I doubt this thread really ruined your day.

I ask a question...and that immediately makes you think I was offended or it ruined my day? Man, it must suck for anyone to ask you anything.

Why ask why he asked the question?:huh:

Why ask me why I asked him a question?

Haha, this.

Nope, plain and simple. Everything from IM on is canon, nothing before that is.

I like it better than TIH as well, but it's not canon.

Not by Marvel Studios= Not in Marvel Studios canon.

IH showed Hulk's origins and they weren't the origins from Ang Lee's Hulk. So the movies aren't connected at all.

I love Ang's Hulk, still one of my favourite CBM's out there, but no, it aint canon, and never will be.

God, no! Keep that atrocity away from the MCU.

I've never seen it, there seems to be mixed opinions here.

Well this place is kinda crazy sometimes. Only here could you find a plethora of people willing to actually admit they like this film. If you go ask the GA, it's almost universally reviled as a terrible movie. And rightly so.

I've never seen it, there seems to be mixed opinions here.

Yeah, that's why I started this thread. I've seen quite a bit of praise about the film here and I've also seen people refer to it within the wider context of the MCU. So I was curious as to just how many people felt that way. I'm glad it's turning into a landslide.

Well this place is kinda crazy sometimes. Only here could you find a plethora of people willing to actually admit they like this film. If you go ask the GA, it's almost universally reviled as a terrible movie. And rightly so.
:up:

Why ask this question?

Why ask why he asked the question?:huh:

Why ask me why I asked him a question?

mscott5_zpsd452593b.gif

With all the debate over Cap's helmet in the CA and Avengers, I'm surprised no one brought up the big motorcyle helmet as an option.... I mean.... Look at it...

rebbrown1.jpg

No but seriously, in regards to the original question, no, I don't consider it canon. I prefer to pretend it didn't happen.

It clearly isn't. We know that Incredible Hulk is canon and it contradicts stuff that happens in Hulk, such as the origin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"