Do You Think The Black Panther Is Being Over-hyped??

Memphis Slim

Superhero
Reaction score
I like this character. But he is just a human being. A very smart and very athletic "human".

Yet I just read FF#545 and I'm still like .....PUHLEEEZZZ!!! :whatever: T'challa has the Silver Surfer in a wrestling hold???

And the Surfer can't break free??? And how the heck is he gonna tear off the Surfer's arm??? Wouldn't that mean that some how the Panther can rip thru the Galactus- created silver coating that keeps ol' Norrin's limbs attached in the first place?? As he has to be rescued by Star Dust??

Look...I know that since Hudlin took over the Panther, there seems to be an all out effort to up his cred to new heights. I'm okay with that. But only to a point when it just looks silly or forced.

There is no way in the universe that should have happened. No way. The Surfer could have just given off a force field to repell him or super heated or turned the Panther into atoms .........etc etc.........

Am I the only one to see this??

I agree that this did bother me too! Black Panther is my fav. superhero, but when I saw Panther put him in a wrestling hold I was kind of dissapointed. Also in the newest issue, Panther tries to take down the bug with a bunch of guns! I always thought that when panther got married he should have received a power upgrade sort of as a marital right!

The next comic should be interesting, Round 2? I wonder what Panther will pull off this time?

This sounds like absolute nonsense

It is.
I'm glad to see that others found the Panther/Surfer sequence as nutty as I did. The Panther subduing the freakin' Silver Surfer???

This comic is officially off the tracks.
Again.

After 30+ years, this may be where I finally stop buying it.

ugh, how can he beat the Silver Surfer twice in two issues? :down
Next will be T'challa spanking The Living Tribunal :/

I like this character. But he is just a human being. A very smart and very athletic "human".

Yet I just read FF#545 and I'm still like .....PUHLEEEZZZ!!! :whatever: T'challa has the Silver Surfer in a wrestling hold???

And the Surfer can't break free??? And how the heck is he gonna tear off the Surfer's arm??? Wouldn't that mean that some how the Panther can rip thru the Galactus- created silver coating that keeps ol' Norrin's limbs attached in the first place?? As he has to be rescued by Star Dust??

Look...I know that since Hudlin took over the Panther, there seems to be an all out effort to up his cred to new heights. I'm okay with that. But only to a point when it just looks silly or forced.

There is no way in the universe that should have happened. No way. The Surfer could have just given off a force field to repell him or super heated or turned the Panther into atoms .........etc etc.........

Am I the only one to see this??

Aloha,
As a Black Panther fan and web site owner, I must confess that I was also very surprised by that move. Unless there was some sort of flux in reality within the space that they were in, there is no way that BP should have been able to put a lock on Silver Surfer.That was a mistake on the part of the editor of FF.I invite all BP fans to my site.
http://www.donaldspidermanthomas.com/html/library_limited_page11.html
Spidey rules except in Wakanda

What?

The Silver Surfer could kill him in so many ways in that scenario, it ain't even funny.

That is why I don't read any new comics.

i heard about this, its reminded me of when Blackpanther juked Spider-man, i couldnt believe it

Did you read ALL of the comic? T'Charlie had just used tech based on Doom's device to syphon off the Surfer's power. The Surfer was as close to human as he was gonna get. I think BP could hold him in the condition.

:thing: :doom: :thing:

Did you read ALL of the comic? T'Charlie had just used tech based on Doom's device to syphon off the Surfer's power. The Surfer was as close to human as he was gonna get. I think BP could hold him in the condition.

:thing: :doom: :thing:

Finally a voice of reason!! I was actually about to post the same thing..

It is.
I'm glad to see that others found the Panther/Surfer sequence as nutty as I did. The Panther subduing the freakin' Silver Surfer???

This comic is officially off the tracks.
Again.

After 30+ years, this may be where I finally stop buying it.

I stopped following it after I read Sue and Reed were taking leave. Somebody give me a call when the ORIGINAL Four are back.

Thanks.

You kind of made a mistake,they are talking about Panther holding SS when he was at full strength in the second part is when panther takes his power and just punches him out. Either way it is ridiculous.

Yes,the Surfer has went against the Hulk and held his own.I think this whole Black Panther is a hype stunt,perhaps to draw more blacks to the comic.When will the Panther leave?I dont think anything is comming of this.

The Panther is a GREAT character... but he is NOT Reed Richards.

He should NOT be able to reverse-engineer anything that the brilliance of Doom has created. PERIOD. He's simply not on that intellectual level. Only two people on the planet play at that level: Reed & Victor. (And not necessarily in that order!)

He should NOT be able to reverse-engineer anything that the brilliance of Doom has created. PERIOD. He's simply not on that intellectual level. Only two people on the planet play at that level: Reed & Victor. (And not necessarily in that order!)

That's ridiculous. There no reason T'Challa couldn't modify Doom's original plan to help him fight the Silver Surfer. While T'Challe is not on Reed and Doom intellectual level, he is still considered a genius and I would place him on Tony, Hank and Bruce's level.

I always saw Reed as a little smarter, but Doom more willing to push the boundaries and take risks (why he understand magic and Reed doesn't), thus making them equals.

And I agree, the BP isn't that smart (not a knock on him, he is smart, but no where in Doom's league).

That's ridiculous. There no reason T'Challa couldn't modify Doom's original plan to help him fight the Silver Surfer. While T'Challe is not on Reed and Doom intellectual level, he is still considered a genius and I would place him on Tony, Hank and Bruce's level.

It absolutely isn't ridiculous. I have a 150+ IQ but that certainly doesn't mean I can automatically grasp the physics calculations of Steven Hawking on an equitable level. Moreover, Doom would build in safeguards against reverse engineering and where the heck would T'challa have gotten the equipment to reverse engineer anyway?

VICTORVONDOOMX,

It absolutely isn't ridiculous.

Yes, it is. For some reason you think just because Doom created something, nobody else can equal or modify his creations. Which would be silly to think, seeing that you have somebody like Forge for example, whose mutant ability allows him to recreate almost any technology he see.

I have a 150+ IQ but that certainly doesn't mean I can automatically grasp the physics calculations of Steven Hawking on an equitable level.

You might want to read more on Black Panther. While T'Challa is not Reed or Victor, he is still in the top 10.

Moreover, Doom would build in safeguards against reverse engineering

Given time, safeguards can be overridden.

and where the heck would T'challa have gotten the equipment to reverse engineer anyway?

No disrespect but I think you’re over thinking a minor detail

Is he over-hyped? No, not yet. T'Challa is Marvel's "Batman" character--and up until now he has been serioiusly underestimated and underrated.

Up until Doom bacame a racist.

Comics suck now. Why I only get Essentials and GN's of older stories now.

I didn't think he was a racist? :huh:
Yep. Hudlin recently put some very out-of-character racist jabs in Doom's mouth. It was in a recent issue of Panther.
The idiots in charge of Marvel are being very poor stewards of the House that Stan & jack built.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"