Do You Think The Black Panther Is Being Over-hyped??

I agree. And i dont get that mentality. The FF has always been about family, including "extended family", going all the way back to the Lee & Kirby era...furthermore; Reed & Sue are still appearing in the book each month, so i dont see why it's such a big deal, regardless...

Well, if we all had the same opinion, the world would be pretty boring wouldn't it....?

^^ Well I am not against BP and Storm being in the comic book, they are part of the extended family but the issues in which they have appeared so far feel like hack jobs, filler.

That usually means the writer is not comfortable writing that character or is too tired or uninspired to do any meaningful research or brainstorming.

The complaints will die down once the book gets exciting. And what was the deal with gravity. I must have blinked when he was created and where did that happen. The story with the daughter of ego seemed all wrong and the Silver Surfer seemed awfully eager to hand her over to Galactus.

What happened, he lost his sense of compassion again or he just has compassion for beautiful women.

Aloha,
'Since the titile of this thread is "Do You Think The Black Panther Is Being Over-hyped??" I'm a little confused with the conversation. BP 's origin comes straight from the pages of the Fantastic Four. He will always be a part of FF history and the FF family as well as Avengers history and family. Panther,She Hulk and Spidey are on a very short list of heros who have been members of both groups. Every Bio of Black Panther lists him as a Genius.Reed Richards is the leader of a four member group, Tony Stark is the head of a multi-billion dollar corporation and SHIELD, T'Challa is the ruler of one of the most technologically advanced and wealthiest nations on Earth. Gee, you think he's qualified to head the FF for a few weeks?Reed Richards and Sue didn't hesitate to invite Storm and BP to fill in for a while. Wonder why some FF fans have such a hard time with it?
Spidey rules except in Wakanda

Yep, if anyone could be thought of as replacements (temp or permanent) for Reed & Sue, it would definitly be those two... and as you note, especially the Panther.

I thought the latest issue (#548) was... fantastic. BP haters should check it out as he gets owned by Hydro-Man.

1- I too wanted to see the return of The Brute
2- McDuffie already admitted that Surfer could've gotten out of that hold, but didn't want to at that time, as he was continually giving them a chance to turn back. Then before anyone can blink, Stardust attacked.

So, while it looks like crap writing, it sorta makes sense. If Surfer is going easy on them in respect to his friendship with the FF, and damn near begging them to leave him alone, he wouldn't immediately atomize BP or even want to do him harm. And the scene only lasted for a matter of seconds before Stardust entered the fray.

So what did you guys think of the Frightful Four arc?

I LOVED it! :ff: :up:

All fans of Sue MUST pick up #549!

It was enjoyable. I like to see Sue cut loose... or more accuratly...almost cut lose.
I wish she'd do that to Namor the next time he's all... "Look at how stunning I am..."

The Panther is a GREAT character... but he is NOT Reed Richards.

He should NOT be able to reverse-engineer anything that the brilliance of Doom has created. PERIOD. He's simply not on that intellectual level. Only two people on the planet play at that level: Reed & Victor. (And not necessarily in that order!)

Good point,he is smart..but he is not at the level of Richards.I've heard some others say that the writer is black,and he's just doing this to hype up the Panther.Why is he in the Fantastic Four again?

Good point,he is smart..but he is not at the level of Richards.I've heard some others say that the writer is black,and he's just doing this to hype up the Panther.Why is he in the Fantastic Four again?

Well, Reed (and friends) created a clone of Thor, and it destroyed T'challa and Ororo's Embassy in the final battle of Civil War...Reed felt responsible and offered his home to them while it is being repaired and he and Sue are off working on their marriage...

The Black Panther is awesome.

That is all.

Black Panther is overrated. Obviously Storm wears the pants in that relationship

That's not what Hudlin would have ju's believe though. :o
Hudlin would also have readers believe that Dr. Doom is an overt racist, as seen in a recent issue of the BP solo series.
I don't think Hudlin has any business writing either character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"