• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Don’t be fooled by the Wrestling Thread’s boyish good looks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought SD was pretty good this week, Bryan was electric against The Wyatt's, The Rhodes vs The Real Americans was very good and I think putting Show and Rey together as a tag team is a great idea for both guys at this stage of their career. The Shield vs The Usos was another good tag team bout and Ambrose was great on commentary.

Cena's promo was fine but not needed as it added nothing, if people aren't interested in buying PPV after the final segment of this weeks Raw then they aren't buying period.

I loved the simplicity of Punk's promo, hood up, taping his fists in the basement as he prepares for The Shield.

The final segment between Triple H and Orton was done well, Randy didn't let the Bryan chants get to him and delivered his promo well. Triple H played it perfectly and I loved his final line as he grinned that disingenuous grin and Randles.

WWE Is booking this in such a way that it seems like Orton will win on Sunday. They're dangling the Cena heel turn carrot and expecting us to bite. Either Orton wins or there is no winner.

They are pushing so hard that Cena is in cahoots with The Authority and Cena has slaughtered Orton on the mic to such a degree, that going by WWE booking 101 Orton will win this Sunday, but I think WWE might not be sure that Orton is working out as Champion and I could see Cena winning with The Authority claiming he's their guy, but he'll deny it and that will be the big angle that takes us towards the Rumble.

Agreed, lol. I guess it also helped that Austin is one of the best talkers in the business, as he said that when Vince gave him the nod, he had no idea what he was going to do and pretty much winged the whole Austin 3:16 promo after Jake's bible promo.

That's when most of the best things happen in wrestling, when the talent wings it and think on their feet, this past Raw was a great example of this. The problem is that the way they are taught these days means very few would be able to capitalize on the opportunity the way Austin did as they simply have been micromanaged way too much.

That's when most of the best things happen in wrestling, when the talent wings it and think on their feet, this past Raw was a great example of this. The problem is that the way they are taught these days means very few would be able to capitalize on the opportunity the way Austin did as they simply have been micromanaged way too much.

Quite true. After reading some of those leaked scripts, you can see how much lack of input and freedom the talent has these days. Now the promos are scripted word for word, whereas back in the day they were just given bullet points and the rest was left to them.

This image will haunt Cena's dreams!

Heh! :D

Quite true. After reading some of those leaked scripts, you can see how much lack of input and freedom the talent has these days. Now the promos are scripted word for word, whereas back in the day they were just given bullet points and the rest was left to them.

I remember Nash talking about this in a shoot after his last run, he said that Punk and Cena used to bin the scripts but the rest of the guys had to struggle with the words of writers instead of fans hearing their voice.

According to PWInsider.com, NXT officials have re-packaged Leo Kruger as Adam Rose. Rose's gimmick is said to be similar to the character portrayed by Russell Brand in the movies "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and "Get Him to the Greek."

Vince's finger on the pulse again I see. :dry:

Yeah, but I don't blame WWE all for that.

In the past 5 or so years, WWE has had the tendency to push stars, like Ryback, who just don't have promo giving ability.

Hell, even some of their most successful projects, like say Kofi Kingston, don't give particularly strong or compelling promos. At least, not like Cena, Punk, or even The Noses of Noses, among others, could.

And because of that, WWE has kinda gotten paranoid, and has opted to just script the whole of promos, for every star, rather than just let people go out with bullet points.

Yeah, it would be better just to do the "full scripted promos" with those who need it, but of course this is WWE, and they never do things the logical way.

I remember Nash talking about this in a shoot after his last run, he said that Punk and Cena used to bin the scripts but the rest of the guys had to struggle with the words of writers instead of fans hearing their voice.

Ahh, I guess it's no wonder then that these two stand out in their promo work, despite their both them being strong talkers, whereas everyone else sounds like cardboard caricatures.

Hmmm, I may be wrong, but for some reason I don't see the whole Punk-AJ relationship lasting the distance, I don't know why, just a feeling. It's probably just me, but it feels funny seeing AJ dating the ex of her idol, lol.

In the past 5 or so years, WWE has had the tendency to push stars, like Ryback, who just don't have promo giving ability.

Hell, even some of their most successful projects, like say Kofi Kingston, don't give particularly strong or compelling promos. At least, not like Cena, Punk, or even The Noses of Noses, among others, could.

And because of that, WWE has kinda gotten paranoid, and has opted to just script the whole of promos, for every star, rather than just let people go out with bullet points.

Yeah, it would be better just to do the "full scripted promos" with those who need it, but of course this is WWE, and they never do things the logical way.

I can see and agree with what you are saying. But like you said, it severely debilitates those who can deliver if given the chance.

Hmmm, I may be wrong, but for some reason I don't see the whole Punk-AJ relationship lasting the distance, I don't know why, just a feeling. It's probably just me, but it feels funny seeing AJ dating the ex of her idol, lol.

Maybe that's why she does it. She's so obsessed with Lita that she wants to do EVERYTHING Lita did.

I've just realised, Punk has quite a resume of WWE Divas, lol. He could give Big Dave a run for his money. :D :oldrazz:

Maybe that's why she does it. She's so obsessed with Lita that she wants to do EVERYTHING Lita did.

giphy.gif

:oldrazz:

I bet she has asked Punk"I'm I as good as Amy Dumas here too?"during sex

I can see and agree with what you are saying. But like you said, it severely debilitates those who can deliver if given the chance.

Yup.

And from what I guess, the "full scripted promos" probably started in the latter of 2011, beginning of 2012.

The shift in how promos were given and how they flowed seemed most evident then.

I know she was never the same after her neck injury, but Lita has said she has one more match left in her. I'd love to see an AJ vs Lita match.

You are forced to live vicariously through the Wrestling Thread!

The Wrestling Thread would deport you if it could

Don’t be fooled by the Wrestling Thread’s boyish good looks

The Wrestling Thread is being repackaged as "Rybaxel" :(

This Sunday, the Wrestling Thread gets unified! (with the Scandal Thread)

Check out The Wrestling Thread's sexy spread in Jet Magazine

Last edited:

The funny thing is though is that even of they weren't the best talkers then they can get more comfortable if they were allowed to improv instead of LOOKING and Sounding like they are rehearsing something. The difference between Wrestling and Movies is that IT's LIVE so we can see when someone seems like they are trying to recite something and unlike THEATRE, Wrestlers' rehearsal time for a show is limited at best.

Yup.

And from what I guess, the "full scripted promos" probably started in the latter of 2011, beginning of 2012.

The shift in how promos were given and how they flowed seemed most evident then.
Yeah..

The funny thing is though is that even of they weren't the best talkers then they can get more comfortable if they were allowed to improv instead of LOOKING and Sounding like they are rehearsing something. The difference between Wrestling and Movies is that IT's LIVE so we can see when someone seems like they are trying to recite something and unlike THEATRE, Wrestlers' rehearsal time for a show is limited at best.
Agreed. It just makes things harder for them too, as they're probably struggling to remember their lines rather than being able to feel and respond to the crowd and environment accordingly.

While I picked Cena to win both titles, I would not be too surprised if the match ends in a tie or Triple H inserts himself into the match, wins both titles and declares himself god and reigns as undisputed champion for the next 1000 years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back