World Doppelganger

WOLVERINE25TH

The Best There Is
Reaction score
Doppelganger, the Spider-Man demon copy from the Infinity Wars that got a second shot at the lime-light when teamed up with Carnage in Maximum Carnage.

My question is very simply this: what did you think of the character? If he was brought back in any way, shape or form before all this totem crap, would it have caught your interest (if done right, of course) or just made you groan at the mere solicitations?

I think I would have enjoyed seeing him again, he wasnt the most memorable character but I would like to see more reappearences in Spidey of less used characters

He should have got his own miniseries where he tries to turn over a new leaf and tries moving into Avengers Tower with Peter and his family.

Wacky hysterics ensue as Doppleganger and Pete go on countless adventures to stop the forces of evil. Doppleganger is always tempted to go back to his mindless murderous rage but Peter's great sense of humor and ability to be one hell of a guy helps Doppy through his hard times.

Now that's entertainment.

CaptainStacy said:
He was ok.

Made a good Henchman.

Agreed but he should have had an origin of him.I don't think he ever had one

Silver Sable said:
Agreed but he should have had an origin of him.I don't think he ever had one

Yeah, he was created during the Infinity War mini series, one of many evil versions of various Marvel heroes...

I think it would of been cool to see Doppelganger fight Galactus.

SpideyInATree said:
He should have got his own miniseries where he tries to turn over a new leaf and tries moving into Avengers Tower with Peter and his family.

Wacky hysterics ensue as Doppleganger and Pete go on countless adventures to stop the forces of evil. Doppleganger is always tempted to go back to his mindless murderous rage but Peter's great sense of humor and ability to be one hell of a guy helps Doppy through his hard times.

Now that's entertainment.

I'd read it. :up:

MajinShenron said:
I think it would of been cool to see Doppelganger fight Galactus.

Yeah, that would have made a GREAT one-panel fight!

I would't mind seeing him back. Even if just for a short while. I don't think that he has to have some complicated excuse to come back but merely provide someone for Spidey to knock about.

No thanks...there's already Spidey, Venom, Spider-Woman, Toxin, and Arana running around. Don't forget about Black Tarantula in character limbo, Spidey 2099 in Exiles, and Spider-Girl in MC2. We don't need another damn Spider-person!

Besides, Doppelganger was pretty stupid to begin with. Carnage killing him was pretty much the only good thing to come out of "Maximum Carnage."

Isn't it funny how the image Pete saw in the mirror looks like Doppy? VERRY INTERESTING...

Isn't the Doppelganger dead now anyway?

Geko said:
Spider-Man 2099 is in Exiles??

Yeah they picked him up in the 2099 aspect of their "World Tour"

Cyclops said:
Isn't the Doppelganger dead now anyway?

Carnage threw him off a building in one of the last issues of Maximum Carnage

I've never read any comic that featured him but I always thought he looked kind of cool in a semi-hokey kind of way.

KingOfDreams said:
I've never read any comic that featured him but I always thought he looked kind of cool in a semi-hokey kind of way.

There isn't really that much to him, IMO. Got nothing against him, maybe there's an interesting backstory in there somewheres what with all the religious stuff.

Its like any time you clone something: the original is great, clone 1 - a little less great, clone 2 - approaching mediocrity, clone 3 - uh-oh.

e-three said:
No thanks...there's already Spidey, Venom, Spider-Woman, Toxin, and Arana running around. Don't forget about Black Tarantula in character limbo
He isn't the limbo. I saw him in the Daredevil.

Doppelganger? I always liked him. He was a nice pet kinda. :)
I'd glad if they bring him back for a while.

"I think I would have enjoyed seeing him again, he wasnt the most memorable character but I would like to see more reappearences in Spidey of less used characters."

Agreed.

I enjoy most characters within Spider-Man. I don't think I'd read a mini about them, but I voted "mini" as there was no in between answer.

"...Spidey, Venom, Spider-Woman, Toxin, and Arana running around. [and] Black Tarantula in character limbo, Spidey 2099 in Exiles, and Spider-Girl in MC2. We don't need another damn Spider-person!"

Don't forget Ezekiel, The Other, Scorpion, Tarantula, Tarantula 2, the upcoming Tarantula, Kane, Spidercide, The Gatekeeper, Spider-Woman, Spider-Woman, Spider-Woman, Jack and Guardian, (and if you're counting Venom and Toxin) Scream, Carnage, Hybrid, the other 4 no one seemed to care about, Mysterio's Spidey robots and Spidey mimicing suits, Spider Slayers, and of course, Flash dressed as Spider-Man.

Still, if I could have just one, I'd want Scorpion. Frickin' Venom... stealin' the show...

Heh you read too litterally in th' answers. Those're just creative ways of saying "Awesome" "Good" "Bad" "Utter crap".

I hated him. He was a product of the incredibly bad "Infinity War"...something I try to forget about every day.

On top of that, he had no personality, aside from being vicious and evil. He couldn't talk, he wasn't terribly smart, and, aside from that little bit he spent as Carnage's and Shriek's pet, I saw no use for him.

On emore reasonm to like Carnage....he killed the Doppleganger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"