• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Download NIN new album for free!

I'd prefer a few vocal tracks in there but for an instrumental effort it's not bad at all. I've still got to listen to the 4th part though.

I'm glad Trent is doing all sorts of **** now. It's nice to see him liberated and doing things how he wants to do them. I just wish Tapeworm wouldn't have fallen apart. :( I do hope that ventures like this make a few of the record execs wake up. Signs point to no, but as long as an artist I appreciate does things their way, I'll be even more inclined to support them.

You know what's so great about this?

TRENT decides to give it away for free...instead of some loser/thief/leech who had nothing to do with the production of the music deciding that he deserves to get it for free. :up:

TRENT decides to give it away for free...instead of some loser/thief/leech who had nothing to do with the production of the music deciding that he deserves to get it for free. :up:

Just like w/ the Saul Williams CD. Gotta love it. It just makes me appreciate it that much more.

This is why I'm excited to see big name acts doing stuff like this. It gives them DIRECT control of their material including distribution and marketing. The record company doesn't even come into the equation. These guys make the money off of their own hard work, not some jackass suit who just decides what sort of a marketing budget their work is worth and then takes a ginormous cut. This is the future of music right here and I'm lovin' that. :up:

jag

This is why I'm excited to see big name acts doing stuff like this. It gives them DIRECT control of their material including distribution and marketing. The record company doesn't even come into the equation. These guys make the money off of their own hard work, not some jackass suit who just decides what sort of a marketing budget their work is worth and then takes a ginormous cut. This is the future of music right here and I'm lovin' that. :up:

jag

Man, I hope so.

Just like w/ the Saul Williams CD. Gotta love it. It just makes me appreciate it that much more.

I still havent heart the Saul Williams one...I felt guilty for getting it for free when it was only $5 to buy it, so I never did either (no money at the time, and I dont like blind buying music)...

It's weird that it makes me feel guilty when the artist gives me the option, but not when they're a signed band with it only on CD or whatever.

So because he matured as an artist, and stopped acting like a teenager, you dont like him anymore? And nothing on the disc sounds remotely like Madonnas techno-pop, unless you think Industrial and Techno are the same thing, in which case I dont expect you to like it, as you cant even grasp the concept of GENRES.

I know this wasn't directed at me but I'll give my opinion about it anyway.
All artists mature over time, and when a band has been around for a long time it's expected and necessary.
Faith No More sounds different on almost every album, Jawbreaker matured as a band with Dear You and it was easily my favourite of the bunch.

I agree with the other poster though, what I liked about NIN was the anger, the pain etc. Trent conveyed it all extremely well and I absolutely loved it. About the time the Fragile came out, and definitely with "with teeth" and "year zero" he doesn't have the same anger and pain behind his music. He's in a better place now mentally though so that's completely expected and understandable. I'm happy for him to not be so down anymore. That doesn't mean I have to like the music he makes now though. I respect him as a musician greatly, but my musical taste comes from what I enjoy listening to and hearing, not just from my respect for the performer.

jag

Double :up:

I'm listening to it
it's amazing, just amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"