Dr. Lecter Invites you to Dinner. The ''Hannibal'' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell was up with the fishing lurer?? That was weird I NEED MORE!

The Hannibal-Crawford dinner was super creepy.

The Phantom of the Opera-esque candles. "Last time you promised to deliver your wife to my dinner table". The quick flash of the guy running and falling and Hannibal carving. Creepy.

I've always kind of wondered how Hannibal "hunts", by the way. He seems too refined to go chasing someone through the woods. I always imagined him luring his victims.

This episode in a nutshell:

tumblr_mls67n0Pja1ry5gkuo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mls67n0Pja1ry5gkuo2_500.jpg

And the tea.
tumblr_mlsdoe4doB1s5grv3o3_250.gif
tumblr_mlsdoe4doB1s5grv3o4_250.gif

THE TEA.

NO! The clips aren't available in Canada. :csad:

If u search the Hannibal tag on tumblr you'll find it. I don't want of link it in case it gets pulled.

So ready for the next ep now.

abigail IS freakin' out.... maaan.

i saw that drawing on tumblr earlier. just perfect. lol

The Hannibal-Crawford dinner was super creepy.

The Phantom of the Opera-esque candles. "Last time you promised to deliver your wife to my dinner table". The quick flash of the guy running and falling and Hannibal carving. Creepy.

I've always kind of wondered how Hannibal "hunts", by the way. He seems too refined to go chasing someone through the woods. I always imagined him luring his victims.

i can't wait to see when they'll let hannibal out of his cage, so to speak. i can imagine it now : a patient of his starts getting a bit too "rude " with their words, insults hannibal in a way that deeply upsets him , and as they walk away hannibal hits them over the head with a blunt object, locks the door to his room, blasts the classical music, and gets to slaughtering his piggy of the day. :oldrazz:

Last edited:
Well, due to the completely unnecessary yanking of episode 4 and the fact I'm in Canada (another gold star there, NBC), I haven't seen any of it...but I have seen episode 5! I guess I'll wait for the DVD to see episode 4. This is one of the very few series that I would gladly watch again from start to finish almost immediately after concluding it.

Episode 5 was good, as expected. I totally didn't notice the stag statue in Hannibal's office prior to this episode...has it always been there? I was a little sad the Angel-Maker (which is a very cool name) didn't live, though I guess he was never going to. The stuff with Mr. and Mrs. Crawford was interesting, and Will's increasing madness even more so. Was a little disappointed at first when Will backed down from Crawford so fast after standing up to him, but it's clear Jack is one bad mofo, so it makes sense.

Also, the trio of goofy doctors have made a full on return to being way too annoying. Get off this damn fine show and back to NCIS: Iowa or whatever.

I totally didn't notice the stag statue in Hannibal's office prior to this episode...has it always been there?

It's always been there. I noticed it in his first scene with Crawford, the second time I watched the first episode.

Wild! They kept having a shot where it was out of focus over Hannibal's shoulder, which was clearly done as foreshadowing to Will examining it later in the episode. I'll have to keep a keener eye on this show if they're going to be sneaky like that.

Did anything insanely important happen in Episode 4? I imagine they'll put anything significant in the 'previously in' parts for future episodes.

Basically just Hannibal molding Abigail more into a surrogate daughter/protege.

Bloom isn't happy at first, but they seem to charm her at a dinner party later.

Cool, thanks Schlosser!

Was Abigail in the book(s), or is she unique to the TV show?

Garrett Jacob Hobbs was mentioned as one of Will's past cases in the book of Red Dragon, but Abigail is an original character.

Episode 4 is supposedly airing Monday, or at least from what I can gather on IMDB, so it will likely be online Monday night or Tuesday morning.

Thanks for the update, Ultimatehero.

I will make sure I try to catch it. While I am mad they yanked the episode off (for the time) it kind-of worked to my advantage, as I have two final essays due tomorrow, and would not be able to catch it (or Person of Interest.)

They sould give real life husband and wife duo Lawrence Fishburn and Gina Torres an Emmy as that was some award winning acting right there.

I take it the episode has already aired in Canada and the UK?

Episode 4 or episode 5?

This is the first official airing I can find AXN India for April 30th:

http://www.axn-asia.com/programs/hannibal/episodes/ceuf

Episode 5 has apparently already aired (unsure from where, but it's online now). Episode 4 hasn't aired yet, but will April 30th.

A massacred family is discovered seated at a perfectly-set dinner table. Jack notes that the family’s son was abducted not long ago; could the murder be an extension of that? The answer is yes, but not in the way anyone imagined…the murderer is the abducted child, returning in an act of vengeance. In his brainwashed mind, the child's family didn't love him; otherwise, they would have tried harder to rescue him from his captor. Will deduces that the abductor is a woman attempting to build her own family, manipulating the children she kidnaps to turn against their biological parents. In the midst of this, Hannibal works with Abigail to come to terms with her own broken, lost family.

Jesus this episode sounds amazing. Perverse, but in an awesome sickening way.

Yup. Pretty good one. I just want to hug Will forever :(

i felt pretty bad for crawford in this ep actually.

even though i saw it last night, obviously i'm going to watch it again in about.... 30 minutes on tv. lol

Why does this show make me so ****ing hungry?

I'd probably buy a cookbook for it if they put one out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"