Sequels Dr. Strange 2 - 2020??

Or better yet they should have cast her as Sue Storm for the MCU Fantastic Four rather than have her in Doctor Strange

I do have to wonder if her character will even return for the sequel? Or if they will just kill her off?

Hmm, I don’t know. Sue is so often written as the stay at home mum who happens to have powers. A bit of a Samantha from bewitched. Whoever plays her has to be tough but also prepared to look like she just had to scoop diced carrots out of her hair before turning up to the fight.

I hope Rachel comes back and gets a meatier role. They could even say clea takes over her body and then she gets to play clea. I’m hoping they don’t just have strange so “oh what a shame Regina George got called away to a different hospital” and then they never mention her again or whatever

Doctor Strange Director Saved Original Eye of Agamotto from California Wildfires

Doctor Strange director Scott Derrickson has revealed that the original Eye of Agamotto is safe. Derrickson's home in Thousand Oaks, California was hit by the Woolsey Fire and burned to the ground. The director and his family only had a few minutes to evacuate before their neighborhood was engulfed in flames, but he grabbed the Doctor Strange prop as one of the handful of things that he took on his way out the door. Derrickson has been pretty quiet on social media over the last week, but he has been thanking fans for their support.

In a recent social media post, Scott Derrickson let everybody know that his house was destroyed and later posted pictures of the wreckage. He and his two sons went digging through what used to be their home to see if anything made it through the extreme heat. Derrickson was very happy to find his father's dog tags, and found them on Veteran's Day. The tags were visibly charred, but you could still make out what they said.

I wonder if we get Scarlet Witch showing up...ties into Mordo saying he wants to rid the world of sorcerers

'Doctor Strange 2': Scott Derrickson Returning to Direct (Exclusive)

Scott Derrickson, who directed and co-wrote the mystical Marvel hero's initial 2016 outing, has quietly finalized a deal to direct the new installment.

A search for a writer to pen the script is about to get underway.

Benedict Cumberbatch will return as Stephen Strange, the good doctor-turned-master of the mystic arts, as will Benedict Wong, who plays his right-hand man, Wong. Rachael McAdams, who played Stephen Strange’s love interest, is likely to return as well.

In any case, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the plan is for the script to be hashed out in 2019 with an eye toward a spring 2020 production start. If all goes well, the movie would be casting its spell on audiences in May 2021.

Pleasantly surprised McAdams will be back. A little disappointed it's not coming til 2021 though

Pleasantly surprised McAdams will be back. A little disappointed it's not coming til 2021 though
I’m glad that she’s back but I hope they have a far better role for her.

I wonder if we get Scarlet Witch showing up...ties into Mordo saying he wants to rid the world of sorcerers
Good thinking. Any excuse will do in my book. :cwink:

Plus I think Wanda could take Mordo easily
Wanda's potential is higher than nearly anyone but she still needs more experience IMO.

Okay so here's my wishlist for this movie:

- More Infinity War's Dr. Strange and less Dr. Strange's Dr. Strange, because his characterization in IW was spot on
- More magic
- Less mediocrity
- Give him an apprentice
- The apprentice mentioned above should be Magik (if possible)
- Shuma-Gorath

Last edited:
Can a mod change this to 2021?

I'm guessing the three possible movies for 2020 are Black Widow, The Eternals and maybe Guardians 3 or Shang-Chi then 2021 is Doc Strange 2, Black Panther 2 and Spidey 3 and possibly Guardians 3 or Shang-Chi

Can a mod change this to 2021?

I'm guessing the three possible movies for 2020 are Black Widow, The Eternals and maybe Guardians 3 or Shang-Chi then 2021 is Doc Strange 2, Black Panther 2 and Spidey 3 and possibly Guardians 3 or Shang-Chi

Didn't they drop the July 2020 film from their schedule? It kinda seems like Black Widow and Eternals will be the only MCU films that year.

Didn't they drop the July 2020 film from their schedule? It kinda seems like Black Widow and Eternals will be the only MCU films that year.

I believe they did, yeah. Reports say they're fast tracking Shang-Chi though so it's not totally improbable

I think Dr. Strange 2 ends up in the 2021 slot or possibly even 2022

From what Benedict Wong said they will start filming soon. I think March 2021 is a possible date.

Also, I think they might time the White Wolf and Falcon series to coincide with the solo Black Widow movie, and the Vision and Wanda series to air close to Doctor Strange 2.

I also think there's a strong likelihood Chthon will be the villain of the Vision and Scarlet Witch series, and that they will explore the Elder God mythos there, and leave that out of the Doctor Strange movies.

so it will be 5 years between doctor strange 1 (2016)and doctor strange 2 (2021) - thats very long

Doctor Strange 2 still probably has to deal with a lot of the events not just from the first film but from the Avengers film and the fallout from all of that but also Strange having to adjust to being back within his own element

From what Benedict Wong said they will start filming soon. I think March 2021 is a possible date.

Also, I think they might time the White Wolf and Falcon series to coincide with the solo Black Widow movie, and the Vision and Wanda series to air close to Doctor Strange 2.

I also think there's a strong likelihood Chthon will be the villain of the Vision and Scarlet Witch series, and that they will explore the Elder God mythos there, and leave that out of the Doctor Strange movies.
Cool. Can’t aot to see how Strange 2 develops. Hopefully a top role for Mordo.

Makes sense for WS&F to air near the Widow film. I’m seriously looking forward to all these mini-series.

Posted this in the Eternals forum, but Chloe Zhao (Eternals director) is in the middle of filming another project (with Frances McDormand), so it doesn't look like that will be the November 2020 MCU film. DS2 is the only other option. Which is fine, Derrickson will have had a full year of official development + whatever he's been squirreling away for the sequel since working on the first film.

‘Nomadland’ First Look: Frances McDormand Stars in Chloe Zhao’s ‘The Rider’ Followup

I would love for both Vision and Wanda to show up then if anything to cameo

so it will be 5 years between doctor strange 1 (2016)and doctor strange 2 (2021) - thats very long

Normally yes but it's not like he hasn't been on screen in between that time. He probably got more exposure and credibility being in IW than a sequel would have. People now understand how cool he really is and that should only help the sequel do better financially.

It's typically about 3 years between sequels for the MCU, but there was a 4 year gap between The Dark World and Ragnarok and chances are it'll be 5 years between Guardians 2 and when we finally get Vol 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"