• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dr. Strange Mini-series this fall

I didn't notice it before, but the gray streak in Strange's hair is completely wrong. He only used to have gray streaks on the sides of his hair. Someone Rogue'd him up.

Isn't making
Brother Voodoo
Sorcerer Supreme a bit like making Aquaman head of the Superfriends (not Justice League)

I didn't notice it before, but the gray streak in Strange's hair is completely wrong. He only used to have gray streaks on the sides of his hair. Someone Rogue'd him up.

Well you know rogue originally had grey on the sides of her hair, but some of the artist started drawing her like a middle aged woman, so they turned it into a stripe...

Strange on the other hand is supposed to be middle aged, what's next, are they going to give him a mystic skateboard, and make him into a teenager.. Now if they give him a leather jacket and a motorcyle, he could be like a man having a midlife crisis, that could work.

No. No, it could not. Dr. Strange is all class, my friend. He's immune to mid-life crises.

Isn't making
Brother Voodoo
Sorcerer Supreme a bit like making Aquaman head of the Superfriends (not Justice League)
It's ******ed, that's for sure. I haven't even heard of him until his first appearance in NA.

I'm more annoyed with this idea that being the Sorcerer Supreme is like inheriting the mother lode of mystical power. That's actually the exact opposite of how it works. The best and/or most powerful mystic becomes the Sorcerer Supreme because he proves himself to be the best and/or most powerful. Dr. Strange should still be Dr. Strange, Sorcerer Supreme or not, but he's reduced to a weak, pathetic ***** without his title because Bendis doesn't know s*** about Marvel's canon.

Pff, more like a badass-life crisis.

Wait, are you just talking about the blue "warrior-Strange" look there or was The Order really about some personal crisis Strange had?

Mid-life/badass crisis aside, I am pretty stoked about this!

I was kinda curious what was up with the good doctor when I was thinking of coming back into comics again, but what's with this depowered crap? Just because he hasn't got the "Supreme" title doesn't mean he still isn't a monster mojo-magician/sorcerer. (Well...I think that's how it SHOULD be, but whatever.. I'm just a mere comic fan/reader!) :whatever:

As was stated before, he was the Sorcerer Supreme based on how skilled and proficient he was. It's not like he got the title by winning a mystical game of darts or something, come ON people!

:bh:

I would love a good Doctor Strange ongoing which involves mystic stuff/supernatural horror and Strange actually getting his hands dirty but until then I guess this will do.

I think Marvel's afraid to attempt full-on magical stuff after the disaster that was Mystic Arcana.

I would love a good Doctor Strange ongoing which involves mystic stuff/supernatural horror and Strange actually getting his hands dirty but until then I guess this will do.

Yeah didn't they say Strange is a character that gets alot of pitches from writers but they are reluctant to do because magic types don't do well. Strange has never had a long solo series run but I think in the hands of a good writer with a vision of the character and supporting cast as well as a great artist it could be great.

If I was an artist the comic I would want to draw on would be a Doctor Strange one because you can take the character anywhere and draw nearly anything.

marvelsnovember09previe.jpg

STRANGE #1 (of 4)
Written by MARK WAID
Penciled by EMMA RIOS
Cover by TOMM COKER

No longer Sorcerer Supreme of the Marvel Universe, Stephen Strange must discover a new path to fulfillment and enlightenment. Unfortunately, that path leads through a bizarre, terrifying gauntlet of magical menaces--and if the former Master of the Mystic Arts is going to survive the journey, he'll need some assistance--in the form of a brand-new student!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Mark Waid is a pretty good writer though I really enjoyed the Brian K. Vaughn miniseries with the killer Marcos Martin artwork. I will probably have to pass on this. :csad:

A lot of Strange's power came from him becoming Sorcerer Supreme. =/ I mean, when bestowed upon him, he immediately gains unhindered and unrestricted access to Vishanti powers, that others find a lot more taxing, and... Didn't the Ancient One give him a magical power boost or some crap like that early on in his career?

If you guys remember when the Vishanti said, "Oh ho ho, Strange, NO MORE SORCERER SUPREME FOR YOU!!" when he didn't want to fight in the War of the Seven Spheres, he lost tons of power, to the point he actually had to go replace it with Gaea powered magic.

So no, while I don't like the idea that Strange's power is directly in line with what role he's playing this week, it's not like it's not been done before. =/ Sadly.

I'll buy the mini. I hope his new student is Wiccan. They seemed to work well together in New Avengers.

I'd actually prefer it to be someone new, and a little like himself, in terms of just having unrealized big time magic potential.

I haven't read NEW AVENGERS in ages. Is Dr. Strange still "seeing" Night Nurse? Because I did like that little relationship from Vaughan's OATH mini. It did make some sense; a nurse/medic for superheroes dating an ex-surgeon turned magician.

Few male heroes in Marvel are allowed to. Marriage is THE DEVIL, according to Joe Q. Unless it is written by Hudlin of BET, and a soap opera tie in can be had. :p

Strange hasn't been able to settle on one woman for a while now. :p

Remember his Illuminati fantasy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"