• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time

Tron Bonne

All Ass, No Sass
Reaction score
Logo-Leaks_07-27-15_001.jpg

DQXI was announced earlier today via a special Dragon Quest event in Japan for both the PS4 and 3DS. It seems, from what we know right now, is that the game will be similar to Ni no Kuni, which had a DS and PS3 version that were basically the same story but had several differences between them. Only the 3DS version was actually shown at the event, and the PS4 version is said to made with the Unreal Engine 4. It was also said they are considering launching the game on Nintendo's NX.

Borrowed from zenith:

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/dragon-quest-xi-announced-ps4-3ds

Square Enix announced Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time for PlayStation 4 and 3DS during its Dragon Quest press conference this evening.
“Additionally, we are also considering launching on Nintendo’s in development NX platform,” Square Enix said in a press release.
Dragon Quest XI is directed by Takeshi Uchikawa and produced by Yosuke Saito with music by Koichi Sugiyama. Both the PlayStation 4 and 3DS versions share the same story, but differ in visuals and partially in development teams.

The differences between both versions are outlined below:
PlayStation 4 Version
Version Producer: Hokuto Okamoto
The core development staff consists of a team at Square Enix. Because of the high amount of resources required to make the game, Square Enix is working with Orca on development. It’s being made on Unreal Engine 4.
3DS Version
Version Producer: Kento Yokota
The same core staff making the PlayStation 4 version is working on the 3DS version, with help from Toylogic.
You’ll be able to switch between 3D and 2D graphics as you play.
Square Enix is aiming to release Dragon Quest XI within the series’ 30th anniversary year. (The first game launched for Famicom on May 27, 1986.) Both versions of the game will be released simultaneously.

Last edited:
Oh boy I see the quote messing up for you as it did for me. Til I fixed it . (I had to manually rewrit it)

May be it would be better to just move the whole thread from the Nintendo side and make it the official Dragon Quest thread since since builder is there now XI supposedly multi plat it's only heroes that's exclusive to Sony . Builders is too but it's too new to stand on it's own. which is why I put it in the 3d's title I had XI announced in since Nintendo will have it as well for 3D's and possible NX(under consideration)

Nice.

The only Dragon Quest I've played was VIII, but I liked it a lot and I've always wanted to get into the series more. I'm looking forward to Heroes later this year, and XI whenever it eventually comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"