Dreamworks Animation wins film rights to 'Captain Underpants'

I liked when he talked about things that haven't even come to pass as if he enjoyed them in the past tense.

Kevin Hart, Ed Helms, Nick Kroll, Jordan Peele Lead ‘Captain Underpants’ Voice Cast (Exclusive)

Fresh off the record-breaking success of “Ride Along,” Kevin Hart has signed on to voice one of the lead roles in DreamWorks Animation’s “Captain Underpants” along with fellow comedy superheroes Ed Helms, Nick Kroll, Jordan Peele and Thomas Middleditch, TheWrap has learned.

Rob Letterman (“Monsters vs. Aliens”) is directing from a script by Nick Stoller (“The Muppets”), who adapted Dav Pilkey’s popular book series. DreamWorks Animation’s Damon Ross will oversee the film for the studio.

Hart and Middleditch will voice scheming fourth graders George Beard and Harold Hutchins, who love playing pranks, hiding in their secret treehouse and writing comic books. But when they accidentally bring their favorite comic book character, Captain Underpants, to life through a hypnosis accident involving their megalomaniacal principal Mr. Krupp (Helms), their elementary school life becomes anything but elementary.
Peele will voice George and Harold’s nerdy nemesis Melvin, while Kroll will voice the villain, Professor Poopypants.

http://www.thewrap.com/kevin-hart-ed-helms-nick-kroll-jordan-peele-lead-captain-underpants-voice-cast-exclusive/

I laughed my ass off at these books in 4th grade. I just might check this out. What a great voice cast too.

I'm not sure about Kevin Hart but I really don't see how Middletich is going to be voicing a kid.

Also he was randomly in the Wolf of Wall Street.

Going with Poopypants as the villain huh? I don't know, those Incredibly Naught Lunch Ladies from Outer Space (and the sub-sequent assault of the Lunchroom Zombie Nerds) could make for a Sparticus style epic.... God I read the first 5 books of that series way, way too many times.

I figured Hart would be in an animated movie at some point but figured he'd be voicing someone else.

I'm not sure about Kevin Hart but I really don't see how Middletich is going to be voicing a kid.
It's entirely possible that they may digitally alter their voices or speed up the pitch to make them sound more like kids, like how they do it on South Park. But I think Kevin Hart's voice would be funny enough as is.

I remember these books from years ago. Never read them, I just remember them being pretty popular.

So, if they get to wicked wedgie woman, does this mean they'll cast that dude his killed his dad recently in the titular role? :o

I must admit that I missed out reading these... are they worth checking out or am I just too old now?

I must admit that I missed out reading these... are they worth checking out or am I just too old now?

I missed them out too. They came out when I was nine or ten, but I always wanted to read them.

And I'm going to do so now:woot:

Hard to say. There are likely some Adventure Time levels of older appreciation possible.

I'd say they are. It's been years since I've read them, but I bet you can really appreciate a lot of the humor even more now. It was very well written.

I'll give it a go then. Worst that can happen I can donate the book away.

Where the **** is this, I need this noooooowwwwwwwww. :argh:

Dreamworks has fallen by the wayside, man. I actually bought four shares of their stock to see if it would go up.

Is this still that popular? Haven't heard about Cap'n Undies in many years.

Dreamworks has fallen by the wayside, man. I actually bought four shares of their stock to see if it would go up.

I'm not too sure what they should do at this point.

I think they shouldn't put out three movies a year. That was a stupid mistake…that, and 'Penguins' came and went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"