• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

DUALSHOCK 3 gets US date and price.

Mentok

Avenger
Reaction score
More news along with the MGS4 release date...

http://kotaku.com/360931/dualshock-3-dated-for-us

We have more word from retailer conference Destination PlayStation: the DualShock 3—you know, that DualShock we've been waiting for since the PS3's launch—has gotten a US release date.

Set to launch April 15th for $54.99, it's slated to coincide with the release of GT5 Prologue. Oh yes, feel those engines roar through your controller and make your SIXAXIS-wielding friends envious...like they're just playing a video game or something.

I'm more curious if Sony will put the Dualshock in the Playstation 3s instead of the SIXAXIS.

They're really good, nice weight and the rumble is a godsend but the price is a rip off to be honest... I got mine on eBay for a hell of a lot less than what they're stating there. At exchange rates it probably cost around $40

$55? Im glad I didnt wait as it only cost me $59.50 to get it from Playasia

I PICKED UP A DS3 A FEW DAYS AGO, IT'S FREAKING AWESOME!!!:D:up: I TRIED IT WITH WARHAWK SINCE I USE THE MOTION CONTROLS FOR THE VEHICLES, WHICH WORK REALLY WELL IN THE GAME, SO I COULD GET A FEEL OF HOW THE MOTION CONTROLS WORK WITH THE RUMBLE, IT'S AWESOME!!!:eek::up: THE CONTROLLER FEELS HEAVIER, STURDIER, AND VERY SOLID IN YOUR HANDS, IT HAS THE PERFECT AMOUNT OF WEIGHT AND TO DRIVE A TANK WITH MOTION CONTROLS WHILE FEELING THE VIBRATIONS OF THE CANNON WHILE YOU'RE BLASTING AWAY AT SOME NOOB, WELL IT JUST DOESN'T GET MUCH BETTER THEN THAT, 10/10!!!:D:up:

Just picked one up. I can tell already I will love it because of the weight. I am going to try it on Warhawk tonight.

Just picked one up. I can tell already I will love it because of the weight. I am going to try it on Warhawk tonight.

COOL, MAYBE I'LL SEE YOU THERE, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEW MAP!!!:D:up:

I can't wait for the APC.

YEAH IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME, I HEARD SOMEONE IN A PODCAST I THINK IT WAS, TALKING ABOUT HOW YOU COULD DRIVE IT OFF ONE OF THE CLIFFS USING THE BOOST RAM THAT IT COMES WITH AND TAKE OUT A WARHAWK IN MID AIR,:eek::up: AWESOME STUFF!!!:D:up:

:woot:
Sounds good. This will be my first time playing v1.3. See ya there.

THE NEW WEAPONS ARE SWEET FOR EXAMPLE SAY YOU'RE DRIVING A TANK AND I'M IN THE TOP HATCH, I CAN USE THE NEW WRENCH TO HIT THE TANK AND HEAL ITS DAMAGE WHILE I'M IN THE HATCH AND YOU'RE DRIVING IT AND BLASTING NOOBS, IT'S AWESOME!!!:D:up:

How the Heck Does Call of Duty 4 not have Dualshock?? Isn't it like the number one game for the PS3?

They can always give us a patch later. No big deal.

I wonder when they will give it hopefully in the next update or something.

I wonder when they will give it hopefully in the next update or something.
When asked about it a few months ago, IW said they had no current plans. But that was a while ago, so things could have changed. I think they were more focused on getting patches for their server issues, making DLC and in game XMB support (which they still cant release since Sony hasnt included it in any firmware updates)

I know this is petty but Any chance of getting different colors? My Emerald and Blue PS2 controllers are so pretty :p

I know this is petty but Any chance of getting different colors? My Emerald and Blue PS2 controllers are so pretty :p
You can import the white one off of Playasia. I know Japan also has a silver one. I dont think there are current plans on doing colors across the spectrum

Are they compatible with American Systems? It says its for japan only. (that may seem like a stupid question so if it is I apologize.)

Are they compatible with American Systems? It says its for japan only. (that may seem like a stupid question so if it is I apologize.)
I imported mine from Japan and it works perfectly fine

Hmm.. Sweet. I picked my DS3 up today and played a little Devil may cry 4 with it. Its nice I like the weight as opposed to the regular Sixaxis. I like that Metal finish DS3 they have on playasia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"