Dukerjay's Art Thread

Duker Jay

Sidekick
Reaction score
I've seen a couple of these, so I thought I'd start my own...
Hopefully I can post more stuff as I have time.

For now, here's a Spiderman skeleton I drew at school for my Anatomy class (I go to the Alberta College of Art & Design.)

spideyskeleton.jpg

BTW...this drawing is about 4 X 5 feet.

Yay! More new talent! Good job, brutha.

Holy buh-jeezus thats awesome. I think it's safe to say that you have a strong grip on anatomy. Any other stuff?

Holy crap! Evil skeletons! Kill it kill it!

...Oh, right, it's just a picture. Never mind the crazy person. :D

Evil? I do believe he's about to go marrow-slinging.

Nice pic man. :)

It is nice and weird isn't it? I'd very much like to see Mr. Fantastics skeleton in a similar 'X-Ray Action Pose".

Crimson Dynamo said:
It is nice and weird isn't it? I'd very much like to see Mr. Fantastics skeleton in a similar 'X-Ray Action Pose".

Funny you should say that...I had some plans to draw another four for my final project in that class. Nightcrawler, The Hulk, Wolverine and none other than Mr. Fantastic. I ended up going a different direction, though.
Who knows, maybe sometime this year.
The only problem is that they're so big. Kind of labour intensive.

I'll post a couple of pics right now.
I hope nobody's too mad that they aren't all exactly connected to comics.

This one's a drawing of an old photograph of my dad and uncle...(about 4 X 2 feet).

oldpic.jpg

This is one of Ian Mckellen (from Apt Pupil)...flash on the camera kind of ruins it a little but, oh well.

mckellen.jpg

My dad's wedding pic done with conte, pastel and charcoal...again, it's big...4 X 5.

dad.jpg

These are pics of a two-page spread I'm doing of my cousin as a Jedi Knight.
Obviously, they aren't close to done, but they're coming along.
(Not the best reproductions because I'm currently not in posession of a scanner...these are all from a digital camera.)

morg2.jpg
morg1.jpg

One more, for now...

An unfinished drawing of the Thing...somewhat re-imagined.
(Also, posted in the Art Contest thread.)

thething.jpg

Not too shabby. Its one thing to get someone new to FA. Its something else to get someone new to FA with such talent, and not the ego! Welcome!

Wonderful life drawings, love the skeleton.

Very nice work, your skeleton pc is amazing, and Ian Mckellen is my second fave, good job.

I love these.

Duker Jay said:
These are pics of a two-page spread I'm doing of my cousin as a Jedi Knight.
Obviously, they aren't close to done, but they're coming along.
(Not the best reproductions because I'm currently not in posession of a scanner...these are all from a digital camera.)

morg2.jpg
morg1.jpg

Here's something I started today. Not done yet...hopefully I'll be able to colour it when I get my scanner...and when I learn how to colour.

What's stronger...? Adamantium or Orange rock...?

wolviething2.jpg

Wow, that Spider-Man skeleton made my day. You are an awesome artist dude.

Maybe you can clean up the spidey one so I can use it as a wallpaper. ;)

I'd love to see your Wolvie skeleton if you ever get around to it...

Supurb work.

The Alberta School of Art and Design, eh? What's the tution like? (I'm a junior in High school...looking at art schools.)

Any plans on what you're going to do once you get out of school?

Decided I couldn't wait for a scanner, so I started colouring this one. Still a work-in-progress, but even the flat colours help to bring it alive a little more.

wolviethingb.jpg

In response to Midknight:
ACAD is a pretty good school. Lots of good instructors. It's one of, if not, the top schools in Canada and I would guess North America. I'm not bragging, this is just what I've heard...remember Todd McFarlane went here for a couple of years and also, John Byrne way back when. I think, more than anything I'm lucky because I happen to live in the same city as the school.

I don't know what I'll do after school. Comics would be a dream job, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"