Dynasty Entertainment Presents...

Thane Grim (God of War/Kratos Inspired Look)

F3qQW_iWYAAKKp_

This represents somewhat of a "full circle" moment for me. I remember buying the very first God of War video game back in 2005 & being blown away by the scope & scale it provided. And then God of War II being even more epic in every way.

I was blown away. I was hooked. And most importantly, I was inspired.

The God of War series is what made me want to create my own Titan characters, which is why they're the center of my comic book universe. The GOW series represents the kind of scope & scale I've wanted to achieve with my Titans.

Took almost two decades to pull it off but hey, better late than never. :D

More Thane Grim Concept Art (Armored, Black Demon Form, Base Titan Form & Elder Base Titan Form)

F3qVYMjW8AAeULS

F3qVDBYXoAAlYvq

F3qV7V0XkAAzZpW

F3qWAmJWgAAeWgs

A couple of new Wildcard pieces:

F3zpVQPWQAAw_Wv

F3zphukXIAE4ag5

A couple more Damien Black / The Avatar pieces:

F4nqcBXW0AA4QGD

F46rpVWXAAAOA45

Very much looking forward to October as I'll be using the month to show off as much of Damien Black as I possibly can since his birthday is during said month (October 13th, which falls on a Friday this year haha) & much like Michael Myers, Halloween is his favorite day of the year as well as being a time where he's extremely active.

I'm so proud of where this character has come in such a short time. Went from a character whose initial design I couldn't even figure out to an over-powered entity with up to a dozen different forms in addition to his Avatar state.

Damien easily ties with his brother Thane as being my favorite character I've worked on thus far and I'm looking forward to showing off a lot more of him very soon.

In general, I still have lots of characters I'm excited to unveil. We're just starting to scratch the surface.

Last edited:
Another concept art piece of Thane Grim in his "Black Demon" Form:

F5JF1XLXUAAy4Zn

Also...

Tribal Titan God (Thane Grim Theme)

This will essentially serve as the official theme song for Thane Grim for the time being. On top of not having the time to make as much new character music as I like, I remember I bought this instrumental a few years ago. Didn't know what I wanted to do with it until I listened to it again last week & realized it was already a perfect fit for Thane.

I still plan to create & release more character themes as soon as possible but for now I'd say this more than covers Thane Grim.

More Caveira Grim Art:

F5JeA9ZXsAAz9MX

F5JeFl1WIAAoQQ6

I can't wait to one day be able to show people exactly how badass Caveira is. By her being a fourth generation Titan it takes a while before we get to her story, but she's one of my absolute favorites.

Caveira will probably end up being the "ultimate" evolution of the Titan species, in a way. She has a natural high combat sense like Ti'Kar, the relentlessness of Kanan Cross, the raw power of her father Thane & the ruthlessness of her grandmother Wildcard & uncle Damien Black.

Concept art for Ben Jones / Impulse and one of his main supervillains, Khaos:

F5SINYfWQAAYxey

F5SIQGrWcAAmYYT

F5SIUC3XQAAFv7Q

F5SIWoJXcAAE_4D

More of the Mistress of Mischief aka Wildcard

F5WCt_7WEAAXvIP

F5WC6gRWIAEGfiy

F5WDyllWwAESD3w

F5WDS5uXYAA_fOH

A couple of my favorite anime-esque pieces of Wildcard artwork:

F5YOzpmW8AAJw62

F5YPHW6XkAAe1hX

Otis Corrigan

F5b5iSLXwAYxnSw

F5b5j6fXwBwrfkF

This character acts more as a secondary force as of now. He's a hulking brute that happens to fall into Wildcard's line of sight. So, she takes him under her wing and basically allows for him to delve into every dark urge or desire he has.

Leatherface from both the original and the 2003 remake were where I pulled a lot of inspiration from with this character. He starts off more docile unless being led by someone with ill intentions, but once he fully indulges in his darker side he clearly begins to enjoy it and ultimately loses what sympathy was there.

Highly doubtful I'll ever go the skin mask route with Otis, but I am still playing around with the idea of different masks the character could wear. Haven't landed on the right one yet.

Catman and Gremlock Concept Art

F5wJSq8WYAAq0kR

F5wJY1LWUAAirYI

On the surface, the influences behind these two would seem obvious. But at their core I've managed to make them their own separate characters that don't come across as carbon copies.

Catman is essentially an anti-Batman, in a sense. He's noticeably more selfish starting off and extremely self-destructive. He doesn't have the exact same driving force as Bruce Wayne & becomes far more jaded early into his career.

Essentially, I'd say Catman is a lot closer to the Punisher than he is to Batman. He's not necessarily the ruthless killer that Frank Castle is, but you get the sense he could go in that direction.

Gremlock took a bit more time to figure out. But once I started looking to more psychological thrillers & other horror genres to flesh out his character, I feel like I found a happy medium.

He does have a condition which causes his skin to have a yellow coloring, something that's a bit similar to Billy Loomis from the 2006 Black Christmas remake. This leaves the door open for him to explore different markings or colors from time to time. Typically, I want to keep his look somewhat gothic, more Crow-esque.

Concept art of a transformed Kanan Cross:

F512ImdW4AAWEyd

F512LhPWgAArd7I

More concept art of Bryce Dallas Howard as Wildcard:

F554Jy2WgAAfsN9

F554QMqWUAAPcDF

F554NejXQAA9dQk

F554SpSXYAAuZph

Not sure why but over the years Bryce's visage continues to fit the best for Wildcard. Her features and overall look seems to intensify the clown aspects that much more. I guess it fits perfectly since I did originally write the character with her in mind.

Just a couple more pieces of Wildcard artwork because there's no such thing as too much of clown supervillains, right? :D

F57vKsZXUAANESH

F57vPLOWEAAw9w_

And a couple of collages of Wildcard, Thane & Adiris Grim:

F576UNeWsAAQWkF

F576YBJX0AA6b7b

Last edited:
Thane Grim (Masked) (Base Titan Form)

F6KO6_0XYAAdAtQ

F6KO8fzWsAA7x7-

F6KO9-IWQAAMFNB

F6KO_VGXQAAbbWJ

Since his father Kanan will typically wear this style of mask when not transformed, I figured I'd see how it'd look on Thane & I am pleasantly surprised with the results here. Also wanted a more gothic feel with his armor & attire so I'm glad that translated well here too.

Gives Thane a bit of a Dracula-esque vibe, which works because Dracula has been a huge influence on the character despite him being more or less a good guy.

Richard Roxburgh's Dracula from "Van Helsing" is actually one of the main influences for Thane's Dragon God form, hence the vampiric bat-esque wings.

Concept art for a masked Damien Black / The Avatar

F6LPf7jWoAA5DZI

F6LPixBXsAA1VKU

F6LPhchXEAAR2aP

F6LPkAwXgAAPTPF

One of the main ideas I'm exploring for Damien while masked and in his Avatar state (kinda partially). Although the black and white tuxedo will be one of his more prominent looks, I'm exploring the idea of consistently switching up his attire.

Damien Black entering his Avatar form:

F6LY14yX0AAB0eh

Damien Black / The Avatar ("Savage/Base" Samhain Form):

F6LZCL7XoAIGHqv

Damien Black / The Avatar (Blood God Form):

F6LZKckXIAAVBLo

Extremely happy with the way these came out just as with the masked concept pieces above. All of these feel like an extension of the original designs of the character & that's what I'm digging most about them.

Experimenting with Damien's look has also allowed me to be able to expand on his personality. Initially, I was going to just keep him as a silent brute. A cosmic slasher of sorts. But with Wildcard being his mother & him being the only sibling that's actually evil like her, I figured it'd be a waste not to dive deeper.

Damien starts off in Norman Bates territory with having a split personality that has purely homicidal tendencies but ultimately, over time he essentially evolves into an almost Darkseid-level threat.

Last edited:
A few more pieces of concept art of what Bryce Dallas Howard could look like as Wildcard:

F6Qqvv8W0AAffwE

F6QxUnxX0AAOzX7

F6QxXdbW4AABZn4

I know some probably wonder why specifically I use Bryce Dallas Howard as a model for Wildcard.

The short of it is that back around 2014 or so, I was still struggling to get a grip on what I wanted the character to be. I was recommended to watch The Help because of it being a great movie, & I thought Bryce did such an amazing job being the villain of the story. Watching that gave me a fresh new perspective as to what Wildcard should be and here we are.

Bryce has always been one of my favorite actresses and this is just one of those cases where I'd just love to see her as this specific character. In many ways I feel she's a highly underrated talent that could really shine in a role like this as she's proven before.

Kanan Cross Concept Art

F6Vh8-YXgAAKxbd

F6Vh-hoWYAA0gwJ

Adris Grim Concept Art

F6VdVImXEAAFNcf

F6VdTFrWQAAuyzh

Damien Black / The Avatar (Aged Titan Form) Concept Art
F6Vu0SHXQAA9Caw

Violet Concept Art
F6Vn6wJXwAAupzr

Some more Bryce Dallas Howard as Wildcard concept art:

1695263023641.png

1695263043033.png

1695263060134.png

1695263073879.png

Damien Black / The Avatar & Ghost Rider Fusion:

1695263482347.png

1695263507452.png

1695263521939.png

Being the huge nerd I am, I often thing about cool amalgamations for some of my characters. This is one of the cooler ones & one of my personal faves. Just something that was made one night for fun. I think it's a mashup that blends extremely well.

More Damien Black / The Avatar concept art:

1695344975344.png

1695344986659.png

1695344998441.png

Nothing too different from what I've shown before of the character. Just wanted a more gothic feel and a green color scheme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"