From correspondents in Argentina
April 12, 2007 07:48am

Article from: Reuters
Font size: + -
Send this article: Print Email

• Keeper's stomach ripped open in attack
  • Anteater thought to have been protecting young
  • Zoo says mauling an accident, no punishment to animal
AN anteater has attacked a young zookeeper in Argentina, ripping open the woman's abdomen and legs with its long claws and leaving her in critical condition, a doctor has said.
The female anteater apparently attacked her keeper at a Buenos Aires-area zoo because she thought her offspring were under threat.
The unusual attack damaged the zookeeper's stomach, liver and lungs, said Jose Potito, director of the hospital where the woman was being treated.
"The woman's condition is very serious," Dr Potito told local TV channel America.
Anteaters, which can measure up to 2.8m long and weigh as much as 50kg, are native to Latin America and have toothless snouts.
They are usually not aggressive, but their long, knife-like claws can do serious damage to predators when they defend themselves.
A worker at the zoo described the attack as an accident and said the animal was not punished in response.
Anteaters are endangered, according to the Argentine Wildlife Foundation, which uses the distinctive-looking animal as its symbol for protecting local species.
Share this article (What is this?)

0,,5446117,00.jpg
Protected ... the anteater is an endangered species in South America / AFP

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21543386-2,00.html

funny :D
a guy tried to hang himself in the bosyest aprt of my city today, on a streetlamp, i am ashamed of myself, i imediatly bought popcorn and started watching, he failed, fell, and wakled it off :(

funny :D
a guy tried to hang himself in the bosyest aprt of my city today, on a streetlamp, i am ashamed of myself, i imediatly bought popcorn and started watching, he failed, fell, and wakled it off :(

Normally I would agree and laugh at this sort of thing, but the zookeeper was described as "young" and a "woman" so that makes it sad.... Unless she's ugly, then it's funny again.

Normally I would agree and laugh at this sort of thing, but the zookeeper was described as "young" and a "woman" so that makes it sad.... Unless she's ugly, then it's funny again.

HAHAHA!!:woot:

Who woulda thunk such cute animals could be capable of such horrid deeds?

Who woulda thunk such cute animals could be capable of such horrid deeds?

It's a reason why it endangered... cause it's f***ing ugly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"