E3 2013 - Part 1

As long as Nintendo is still planning on a bigger more epic 3D Mario game its all good. Just a little surprised that was their next step.

I do think they have started the "if it ain't broke" mentality when it comes to their releases. I do wish they'd create some new IP's.

I do think they have started the "if it ain't broke" mentality when it comes to their releases. I do wish they'd create some new IP's.
well as far as new ip's this will keep people busy and it's is under a studio owned by Nintendo

X, Monolith Soft’s Wii U Game, To Feature Large Open World With Seamless Exploration. June 11, 2013 . 7:44am

X, the Wii U game from Xenoblade developer Monolith Soft, will be an open-world game, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata announced this morning.

Watch Monolith Soft’s Brand New Open World Wii U Game In Action. June 11, 2013 . 8:09am

[YT]APWTJMyM4qg[/YT]

Nintendo and Monolith Soft have shared a new trailer for X, their upcoming open world game for Wii U. The game is an open-world title that focuses on seamless exploration, and is slated for release in 2014.

source:Siliconera

In case anyone missed this. You now have to pay for multiplayer on the ps4. I always liked the free MP of the ps3, and was a huge selling point. That is a big deal, especially since it was free before. Doesn't matter the price. So this is a major slap in the face. And is glossed over.

In case anyone missed this. You now have to pay for multiplayer on the ps4. I always liked the free MP of the ps3, and was a huge selling point. That is a big deal, especially since it was free before. Doesn't matter the price. So this is a major slap in the face. And is glossed over.
Welcome to two days ago. Its not been glossed over. Its been mentioned and discussed in this as well as various other threads. No one here has missed it. As for them charging, free was a major selling point for the PS3. That is not changing. You can continue to enjoy free MP there as Sony isn't changing their policy with that platform. There is no slap in the face.

PS+ is a great value and will be the same price it's always been. I don't see the issue.

I'm talking ps4, you have to pay now.
and Sony isnt taking anything away from you as they never offered or said that MP would be free on the PS4. You have to take into account that Sony didnt charge when they launched the PS3 as there was no PSN. They had no service or infrastructure to offer as its been a work in progress. Once they did get one, they couldnt start charging mid-life cycle.

Considering how heavily networked based the PS4 is going to be, it is foolish to expect them to do so. Its not even about being greedy and gouging for profit. They are going to have more servers, ALOT more bandwith used you can probably expect them to pay more for maintenance and security so the PSN failure fiasco doesnt happen again. This is kind of a necessity and they'd be losing alot of money if they just ate all those costs. Besides Sony made a great move by implementing this into Plus, bc I almost expected a tier system with online access being its own seperate charge. Even before this was announced, Plus was a great value

Last edited:

Sony is working on improving PSN. That costs money. Netflix and Free 2 Play games are not behind the paywall, and PS+ offers a host of free games and discounts that make it a fantastic service.

You have to pay for online on both next gen consoles. So if you're interested in upgrading and can't decide which to pick, than the 'pay for MP' point is moot.

Last edited:
And everyone switching from 360 to PS4 will already be used to paying for online. All the free games you get with PSN doesn't hurt either.

No backwards compatibility with disc I already own and paying for MP. 2 big changes. And two previously key selling points for past consoles.
Justifying the payment, do you see how it mirrors what an xbox owner has always said to ps owners. It is very funny now.

No backwards compatibility with disc I already own and paying for MP. 2 big changes. And two previously key selling points for past consoles.
Justifying the payment, do you see how it mirrors what an xbox owner has always said to ps owners. It is very funny now.

Yes, PS+ is taking on the XBL model; but they're doing it 10 bucks a year cheaper, and they're doing it without requiring PS+ for F2P games, and they're doing it for a console that is 100 bucks cheaper, with less restrictions and better specs than the Xbox One.

Sucks that free online play changed to 50 bucks a year, but your alternative is to pay 60 bucks a year for online play for a console that's $100 more expensive, has a ton of restrictions, less games than the PS4, and worse specs than the PS4.

The PS4 is still the better buy in every single category. Except the ability to ****e achievements and switch from game to TV without pressing the input button on your remote.

Sony is working on improving PSN. That costs money. Netflix and Free 2 Play games are not behind the paywall, and PS+ offers a host of free games and discounts that make it a fantastic service.

You have to pay for online on both next gen consoles. So if you're interested in upgrading and can't decide which to pick, than the 'pay for MP' point is moot.

So about these free games you get with PS+, are they new games?

Hm, just hearing about this PS+ business now. Like somebody said above, I'm already used to paying for XBL so I'm not bummed about it.

Yes, PS+ is taking on the XBL model; but they're doing it 10 bucks a year cheaper, and they're doing it without requiring PS+ for F2P games, and they're doing it for a console that is 100 bucks cheaper, with less restrictions and better specs than the Xbox One.

Sucks that free online play changed to 50 bucks a year, but your alternative is to pay 60 bucks a year for online play for a console that's $100 more expensive, has a ton of restrictions, less games than the PS4, and worse specs than the PS4.

The PS4 is still the better buy in every single category. Except the ability to ****e achievements and switch from game to TV without pressing the input button on your remote.

Now this is how you make a sensible arguement. It's not condescending. Just good points.

I am getting a ps4 it just sucks at these changes and means some people I play with are not jumping onboard just yet.

So about these free games you get with PS+, are they new games?

PS+ for July includes Deus Ex : Human Revolution, Uncharted 3, Saints Row 4, and XCOM Enemy Unknown.

And they have already announced that a PS+ version of Drive Club is going to be available at the PS4 launch.

PS+ for July includes Deus Ex : Human Revolution, Uncharted 3, Saints Row 4, and XCOM Enemy Unknown.

And they have already announced that a PS+ version of Drive Club is going to be available at the PS4 launch.

I wonder how long it will take for more free PS4 games to become available on PS+ after launch, since I don't think we can play PS3 games on it.

Super Mario 3D Land is easily my favorite Mario game since Super Mario World, so I'm thrilled with 3D World.

Definitely! Although I loved Super Mario Sunshine alot, but Super Mario World is definitely my favorite Mario game of all time. But Super Mario 3D Land is not far behind those two. I wasn't too big on the SMG games.

It is unfortunate, but PS+ is a great service anyways so too many people don't see to be complaining. I have Plus and it felt nice that I would have still have free multiplayer if I didn't want Plus anymore. But it is what it is, PS3 should still be free though! And I will be happy if it is.

that's PS+ for NOW. All those games were released last or this week and SR3 comes next week I believe. We don't know the July titles yet

but you can ****e trophies so its not much of a difference there

Last edited:
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Gameplay walkthrough adam sessler at E3 2013

[YT]Sdol453an_A[/YT]

Now this is how you make a sensible arguement. It's not condescending. Just good points.

I am getting a ps4 it just sucks at these changes and means some people I play with are not jumping onboard just yet.
this was just put up just now too

News

PlayStation 4 Online Fee Will Fund Improvements

Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida has promised that the surprise decision to charge for online multiplayer with PlayStation 4 is not a money-grabbing scheme and the money gained from it will be reinvested into the system to fund improvements.

source: EPD.TV/ROTR

I have so little desire to sail a ship and get into sea-battles. Perhaps the AC franchise just isn't for me anymore. I skipped 3 and I'm glad I did, based on fan reception.

thief next gen gameplay on ps4 with sessler
[YT]udzgthkDAIc[/YT]

I have so little desire to sail a ship and get into sea-battles. Perhaps the AC franchise just isn't for me anymore. I skipped 3 and I'm glad I did, based on fan reception.
The ship battles were easily the worst part of the game for me so making one centered around it is a huge turn off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"