EA Rumor-- Frank Miller's Batman

I don't know if any Superhero movie will ever be better than Batman Begins. I don't even know if it's sequel can reach that bar. :(

ProjectPat2280 said:
i thought BB was a good game, it was the best Batman game to date.

Hahaha, yeah...

And actually, that side scrolling beatem up for snes, with penguin, that was a fun game.

WhatsHisFace said:
I don't know if any Superhero movie will ever be better than Batman Begins. I don't even know if it's sequel can reach that bar. :(

I have high hopes for SM3, but including the ninja background does make it hard to beat.

WhatsHisFace said:
The sequel.

I hope it's DKR but it'll probably end up being All-Star Batman.

Oh god, this would be a dream come true... This was the first Batman book I ever read and it's still my fav.

WhatsHisFace said:
Read the second sentence in the quote you just quoted. :rolleyes:
You are unsure. I'm telling you it's fact.:D :up:

WhatsHisFace said:

Earlier this week, I would have said yes simply because of the Joker. Now that Ledger is rumored to be play him, I wouldn't say that.

Extromaniac said:
Heath Ledger is the Joker in the BB sequel? WTF? :(

LMAO DC makes it too easy to mock them :D

I'd be interested in this. I haven't read much of Millar's work, but the stuff I have ( Robocop vs Terminator , Batman Year One) was fantastic, and I thought Batman Begins was very good if a dumbed down version of splinter cell so I'd like to see it.

Horrorfan said:
LMAO DC makes it too easy to mock them :D

Atleast their movies don't suck harder than Paris Hilton at a frat party.

Ledger playing Joker is a rumor. Even though it's from a reliable source, it's still a rumor.

WhatsHisFace said:
I don't know if any Superhero movie will ever be better than Batman Begins.

Except for X Men, X Men 2, X Men The Last Stand, Blade, Blade 2, Spiderman 2, Fantastic Four, Ultimate Avengers, Hellboy, The Crow, Batman Returns, and others I am sure I'm forgetting.

Spidey-Bat said:
Atleast their movies don't suck harder than Paris Hilton at a frat party.

Ledger playing Joker is a rumor. Even though it's from a reliable source, it's still a rumor.

JLA made for television movie you say?

Superman pretty much bombing at the box office you say?

Batman and Robin and Batman forever you say?

:D

Howard the Duck, Capt. America, The Punisher (89), Fantastic Four (94), Fantastic Four (05), Blade Trinity, and X3.

If you're going to count TV shows, only 2 or 3 of Marvels have survived longer than 2 seasons. DC had theirs last from 1993-2006.

(BTW, I meant quality of film, not box office success)

Spidey-Bat said:
Howard the Duck, Capt. America, The Punisher (89), Fantastic Four (94), Fantastic Four (05), Blade Trinity, and X3.

If you're going to count TV shows, only 2 or 3 of Marvels have survived longer than 2 seasons. DC had theirs last from 1993-2006.

The first Fantastic Four never made it to the big screen, or anywhere officially so that cant count. Most of those films were bad, but NONE a bad as Batman and Robin. At least most of those were no budget movies with mostly crappy creative talent, whereas B and R had a big budget, and Joel Schuelmaker (sp) has actually done some great movies.

(by the way, you say box office doesnt equal quality, but dc shows going on more than 2 seasons does because of ratings? so does that mean arrested development is worse than fr iends because it went three seasons?)

X3 rocked your ass. People who hate it can *****, but it still owned both supes and batman begins at the box office, and it deserved to.

Spidey and X3 are the biggest comic book sucess stories in movies. Nuff said.

Spidey-Bat said:

Well, I think quality is subjective then.

The Punisher was good, Fan Four 05 was good, Blade was good(not as good as the other two yes) X3 was my favorite.

Horrorfan said:
The first Fantastic Four never made it to the big screen, or anywhere officially so that cant count. Most of those films were bad, but NONE a bad as Batman and Robin. At least most of those were no budget movies with mostly crappy creative talent, whereas B and R had a big budget, and Joel Schuelmaker (sp) has actually done some great movies.

They were made, so they still count.

(by the way, you say box office doesnt equal quality, but dc shows going on more than 2 seasons does because of ratings? so does that mean arrested development is worse than fr iends because it went three seasons?)

The DC shows went on b/c of ratings and quality.

X3 rocked your ass. People who hate it can *****, but it still owned both supes and batman begins at the box office, and it deserved to.

X3 sucked my ass. It was easily one of the most disappointing movies ever.

Spidey and X3 are the biggest comic book sucess stories in movies. Nuff said.

Actually, Batman 89 is. The movie made 11 times it's budget. That's huge even on today's standards.

Spidey-Bat said:
They were made, so they still count.

The DC shows went on b/c of ratings and quality.

X3 sucked my ass. It was easily one of the most disappointing movies ever.

Actually, Batman 89 is. The movie made 11 times it's budget. That's huge even on today's standards.

X3 made its money because it was awesome.

Batman 89 isn't on paper the most sucessful movies ever. You're talking about in terms of profit to its relativly low budget (in which case, wouldnt blair witch smoke batman 89's ass?). X3 and Spiderman and spidey 2 ALL broke records for making money....not to mention it's FAR more impressive when a film with a larger budgit makes double its profit, like x3 and both spideys did.

Comparing the final numbers, Batman looks pretty flimsy.

Immortal,_The_NES_ScreenShot2.jpg

When I think of EA, I invariably think of the classic NES/ Genesis game "The Immortal." They also did the LotR movie games... so I have see how this project wraps itself up. If it's another stupid fighting game along the lines of Final Fight.... it'd suck.

Gammy79 said:
It actually refers to Heath Ledger being the Joker in the Batman Begins sequel.
It's still the lamest joke in the history of mankind, though.

I knew that, I thought he was making a joke about the BB video game. I was just using my brain too much.
As for the Game, I would love a free-roam Batman game. Go to Arkham to fight old bosses in an arena type way. And also have defeated bosses roaming th streets. That would rock.

Oh god please let this be true! We need a new comic based Batman game...

Please EA

Horrorfan said:
X3 made its money because it was awesome.

No. It made money because it was a decent popcorn flick and was the sequel to one of the best sequels.

Batman 89 isn't on paper the most sucessful movies ever. You're talking about in terms of profit to its relativly low budget (in which case, wouldnt blair witch smoke batman 89's ass?). X3 and Spiderman and spidey 2 ALL broke records for making money....not to mention it's FAR more impressive when a film with a larger budgit makes double its profit, like x3 and both spideys did.

$35 million was a large budget in 1989. The fact that it made 11 times that is still impressive. It showed how much magnitude Batman had.

Comparing the final numbers, Batman looks pretty flimsy.
Only on today's scale. If you adjust for inflation, it's a helluva lot more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"