The Dark Knight Ebert and Roeper - Review 'The Dark Knight'

Just saw this on tv. I was expecting a good review, but DAMN! Best Picture nod?!?!

Batman Begins changed standards for superhero movies, now TDK is likely the new standard.

Just saw this on tv. I was expecting a good review, but DAMN! Best Picture nod?!?!

Batman Begins changed standards for superhero movies, now TDK is likely the new standard.

lol yeah, maybe now they will stop butchering other superhero flicks and realize that they can actually make something with some depth out of that material

lol yeah, maybe now they will stop butchering other superhero flicks and realize that they can actually make something with some depth out of that material

That's what I was saying in the other thread. There are actually talented directors out there that appreciate comics and the source material yet studios made it a practice to hand it over to complete ******** directors (cough, Ghost Rider, cough). I think it's getting better with the recent batch from Marvel Studios. I'm hopeful that TDK will in fact do what you suggested. I'm still crossing my fingers for a well-done Daredevil movie.

Wow, Best Picture???? That is definately good news.
Awesome vid, but holy crap what in the hell was going on with the camera work. :o

Wow, this is one of the most positive reviews I've ever heard from Roeper and Phillips. Phillips almost made it through the whole review without saying anything negative at all! Sadly I think that rather than generating more respect for the superhero genre, people will just set this movie aside as a fantasy crime drama rather than a true superhero movie. Many people don't consider Batman to be a "Super" hero anyways because he doesn't have any super powers. On the contrary, I'd say that his super power would be, as Ra's Al Ghul says, "the will to act." ... And I guess having a boatload of cash helps too.

This is great news! I have been wondering if any critics would speak this highly of the film. I'm so happy right now!

wow i teared a little watchin this,

this movie, this director, this moment makes me feel so damn great,

makes a TRUE Batman fan feel like hes in heaven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"