Daredevil Elodie Yung IS Elektra!

Marvel Spider

An Insomniac.
Reaction score
elodie_yung_elektra_split_h_15.jpg

Daredevil has found its Elektra.

French actress Elodie Yung will play the Marvel fan favorite for season two of the Netflix drama, Marvel announced Tuesday.

She's described as a mysterious woman from Matt Murdock's (Charlie Cox) past, whose dangerous ways could be more than even the Man Without Fear can handle. In comic book lore, Elektra Natchios is a trained assassin who is sometimes Matt's lover and sometimes his enemy. The sai-wielding antihero was created by Frank Miller and first appeared in 1981's Daredevil No. 168. Jennifer Garner played the antihero in the 2003 Daredevil film and in the 2005 spinoff Elektra.

Yung, who appeared in the 2013 blockbuster G.I. Joe: Retaliation, joins Walking Dead alum Jon Bernthal as The Punisher for season two. In a coincidence, her G.I. Joe character Jinx also sported red and was skilled in using deadly weapons.

Season one Eastereggs had Daredevil fans speculating Elektra would appear in season two. In one episode, Matt and his best friend Foggy (Elden Henson) discussed a Greek girl Matt had once dated (the relationship ended poorly). In the comics, Elektra is daughter of a Greek diplomat.

Daredevil returns to Netflix in 2016 with new showrunners Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez. They replace Steven DeKnight.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/daredevil-elektra-elodie-yung-joins-807208

I like it. :up:

I've seen Retaliation but remember nothing about it, so I can't speak to her acting skills (and I'm sure that wasn't a great showcase for them anyway, lol). But aesthetically at least, she seems like a perfect fit. :up:

Yaaaaaaaaaaas. :up:

Wasn't sure they'd be giving us Elektra this season or not.

S2 cannot get here soon enough.

CJV_5OzUMAAuAmD.png:large

“After a worldwide search, we found in Elodie the perfect actress to embody both Elektra’s impressive and deadly physicality, as well as her psychological complexity,” said Executive Producer and Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. “Paired with Charlie as Matt Murdock, the two will bring one of the most beloved and tumultuous comic book relationships to life with all the accompanying sparks and spectacular action sequences the show is known for.”

http://marvel.com/news/tv/24840/elo...iginal_series_marvels_daredevil#ixzz3fFJ6eip2

Yeah, mainly I'm just excited to have confirmation on Elektra. I was starting to have doubts there. This season's gonna be awesome, I can tell. :D

I have both versions of TGWTDT on constant heavy rotation, but I can't remember her face at all.

Not familiar with her work, but very exciting news nonetheless.

Finally got our elektra. Im very glad its not the chick from kingsman.

Punisher and Elektra? Holy hamsteak that's awesome. Now all we need is Bullseye and S2 will blow everyone's pants clean off.

Wow I can't believe we got it this soon. I'm glad Elektra's in season 2.

Well she looks far more like Elektra than Jennifer Garner did. But she seems a bit on the Asian side rather than Greek side. Was there not a more European girl?

I take it she will be in Season 2.

She was one of those who auditioned for Wonder Woman. I'm glad Gal Gadot got the role though.

They better give Elektra a decent costume. None of this waiting 13 episodes before she appears in anything like the classic outfit. And it needs to have the flowing ribbons. It could be a red version of Daisy Ridley's outfit in The Force Awakens:

Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-Daisy-Ridley.jpg

Punisher, Elektra, and maybe even Bullseye? Damn son.

So is she going to be the Greek classmate that Matt mentioned? She doesn't really look Greek at all though. Are they just going to make her someone else whom he hasn't encountered before?

At least her outfit should be comparable with GI Joe. If they can't even manage something like that, then they must really suck.

Well she looks far more like Elektra than Jennifer Garner did. But she seems a bit on the Asian side rather than Greek side. Was there not a more European girl?

They were probably looking for the actress who best embodied the role rather than perfect genealogical accuracy.

I just realized I wanted her to be Elektra back when I was watching her in GI Joe.

I don't know her from anything, but I love her look and I love the fact that she's French (which, although not remotely Greece, at least helps convey a European-ness that I think is essential to the character).

I really love that poster.

Good choice! :up: Now we just need Bullseye!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"