Batwoman Episode 02/15 - "Armed and Dangerous"

Dr.

From parts unknown
Reaction score
Scheduled airdate: June 6, 2021

Note: Episode title changed from "Armed Suspect" to "Armed and Dangerous"

Synopsis:

IS THIS GOODBYE? – As Luke Fox’s (Camrus Johnson) life hangs in the balance, repercussions from the devastating event are the catalyst for some life-changing decisions for those around him. Also starring Javicia Leslie, Dougray Scott, Rachel Skarsten, Meagan Tandy and Nicole Kang. Directed by Holly Dale; written by Nancy Kiu. (#215).

Promo:

Last edited:
I wasn’t too impressed with this episode. To me, there were various story elements that came across as odd or poorly constructed. E.g.:

- The Crows (not the police) guarding Luke’s hospital room seemed quite nefarious — since the Crows were responsible for the attack and cover-up. But it turned out they were actually guarding.
- Retrieval of the undoctored body-cam footage was presented as vital evidence to indict the Crows. But the effort failed; and, ultimately, the footage (somehow) wasn’t that important (?).
- Granted, it gave Mary something to do. But using “desert rose” to cure Luke seemed like a needless complication.
- The appearance of ghostly Bruce Wayne struck me as gratuitous. For me, Luke talking to his dead dad would have been the more obvious reunion.
- Special guest appearance by Enigma’s corpse was… awkward.
- I’m just not buying the “love story” between Alice and Ocean. Especially since Ocean was/is actively frustrating Alice’s plans to save/restore Kate.

I liked it. It was nice seeing the real Bruce, or the Bruce Luke remembers. And honestly, I really liked the choice required to speak with his dad. It was nice seeing Wolf Spider again. Kind of annoyed at how quickly they wrapped up the Crow stuff, but we will see if there is any fall out later. Though it seems they are shifting full on to Kate.

I liked it. It was nice seeing the real Bruce, or the Bruce Luke remembers. And honestly, I really liked the choice required to speak with his dad. It was nice seeing Wolf Spider again. Kind of annoyed at how quickly they wrapped up the Crow stuff, but we will see if there is any fall out later. Though it seems they are shifting full on to Kate.

I have to say I was more focused on this episode than I thought I would be. Several plot points moved forward to more interesting directions. Alice/Beth working with Jacob to save Kate is not something I expected but I'm all for it! And seriously, when it comes to the plot, this show is easily the number 2 CW DC show right now behind Superman & Lois. Also, that boardroom fight was one of the best fight scenes in a long time.

Damning with faint praise there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"