Batwoman Episode 02/16 - "Rebirth"

Dr.

From parts unknown
Reaction score
Scheduled airdate: June 13, 2021

Synopsis:

CAN'T LET IT GO - When a familiar foe descends upon Gotham, Batwoman (Javicia Leslie) and Mary (Nicole Kang) find they must rely on each other more than ever. Alice (Rachel Skarsten) has a new mission - and gets an unexpected ally to join her. Also starring Dougray Scott, Meagan Tandy and Camrus Johnson. Directed by Michael Allowitz; written by Daniel Thomsen.

Promo:

Last edited:
Diggle’s presence was rather underwhelming (if not pointless). It almost seemed like setup for something more substantial in a follow-up episode. But as far as I know, Ramsey’s announced appearances on various Arrowverse shows were planned as single, one-and-done events.

So… the late Circe Sionis was, at one time, a famous fashion model? This complicates the notion that Kate Kane (with Circe’s face) could easily return to her prior life (as either Kate or a 2nd Batwoman). It’s all quite silly and convoluted. But it probably means that Wallis Day won’t last beyond this season.

:shrug:

I mean, based on the photos, the face Alice made is close enough that most would assume that Circe got work done. "Malibu Beach Resort".

Good episode for Jacob Kane. I like what they did with the character, and he gave some good speeches.

Having already killed Ocean, sort of makes it tough to really care about him dying again.

Having the GCPD on Sionis' payroll is a little too convenient, but at least ACAB lives on.

I do hope they aren't planning on killing Diggle off.

Diggle’s presence was rather underwhelming (if not pointless). It almost seemed like setup for something more substantial in a follow-up episode. But as far as I know, Ramsey’s announced appearances on various Arrowverse shows were planned as single, one-and-done events.

So… the late Circe Sionis was, at one time, a famous fashion model? This complicates the notion that Kate Kane (with Circe’s face) could easily return to her prior life (as either Kate or a 2nd Batwoman). It’s all quite silly and convoluted. But it probably means that Wallis Day won’t last beyond this season.

They said originally Diggles appearances were supposed to lead up to something but covid nixed it. Of course they should've just had it lead into next season since when they signed him they knew COVID was in full swing

Poor Beth/&Alice.... She just keeps getting ****ed over by villains.

Up to this episode now. These episodes have been more interesting than season 1 or the first half of season 2.

Kate Kane should've just been recast as Wallis Day from the start. None of this face swap or memory wipe. I would've accepted Wallis Day without a second thought. Plus she actually looks more like Alice's twin than Ruby Rose.

Diggle's appearance seemed a bit of a non event. Is that what it's going to be like in Superman and Lois?

snip... But it probably means that Wallis Day won’t last beyond this season.

And if that's the case, then neither will I. I only came back to the show because they were bringing back the character

Up to this episode now. These episodes have been more interesting than season 1 or the first half of season 2.

Kate Kane should've just been recast as Wallis Day from the start. None of this face swap or memory wipe. I would've accepted Wallis Day without a second thought. Plus she actually looks more like Alice's twin than Ruby Rose.

...snip

My feeling from the beginning, though I was hoping that Skarsten would be put into the Batsuit. She's actress enough to play two roles, at least until they would have wrapped up the Alice story line. Wallis Day was a very close second, and it really could have been just as simple as putting her in as Kate Kane. No convoluted story lines about switching faces or brain washing, and no Ryan Wilder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"