Establishing The Lanterns in the DCCU

Coolcat3

Civilian
Reaction score
Im my opinion they should Hal Jordan be an already established Lantern. I had a particular story in mind to make this happen.

green-lantern-corps-10.jpeg

Backstory

Hal Jordan was a green Lantern for years and his adventures took place throughout his sector and when he did work on earth it was on low-key missions ordered by the guardians. They felt that humans were not ready to enter the galactic landscape and were still being studied.

Hal became a Legendary Lantern, so much so that the guardians appointed a new human Lantern, one that was nominated by Hal Jordan.

This nominee and eventual Lantern was John Stewart and he too rose through the ranks of the Lanterns.

After years of service Hal Jordan resigns as a Lantern sue to the loss of many of his fellow Lanterns and the Carol Ferris becoming a member of the Star Sapphires

Stewart takes over for Jordan as the Head Lantern of sector 2814. They assign Kyle Rayner to be Stewart's protégé as they are unsure if Stewart alone can cover for Jordan's absence.

While on a mission Stewart and Rayner are following Larfleeze who it appears is attempting to steal a yellow ring of power and on the mission Rayner, Bzzzd and Galius Zed end up dead and a planet destroyed. Stewart is accused of the crime of sacrificing innocent lives to secure his objective and is put on trial.

WHERE WE PICK UP

Kilowog travels to Earth to inform Jordan of Stewart's situation and suggests he attend the trial.

Jordan attends and we see the rest of the story play out.

STORY FORMAT

We see short stories play out through the eyes of different Lanterns. They will each be around 20 - 30 minutes.

I would love to see these events take place Pulp Fiction style and not necessarily in chronological order.

Kilowog on the stand - Explains his training of a young Hal Jordan. Here we see Jordan's exceptional talent and potential as a future Lantern while explaining the significance that Stewart was chosen by Jordan to join the Corp.

Sinestro on the Stand - Sinestro prisoner of Oa is brought on as a character witness. Hal Jordan & John Stewart challenging Sinestro shortly after he obtains the yellow ring. This was one of their Early missions together and will establish that companionship.

Tomar Re's Eulogy at the funerals of Rayner, Zed & Bzzd. Introduces the audience to Re and his feelings on the Lanterns brotherhood.

Jordan Informing his close friends in the Corp that he will be resigning and returning to Earth and their parting words and how the Corp celebrates the career of a legend. Takes place during the intermission of the trial when Jordan meets up with his old companions.

Kanjar Ro takes the stand and acts as a witness to the accused crime. He narrates his account of the story as the audience slowly sees the true happenings and realize that he lying.

This spoils the ending to this version.

John Stewart is sentenced to death and executed and the Guardians now question Jordan's choice of Stewart and allow his ring to choose a new bearer and travels once again to Earth and we see the ring travel to the apartment of a man with Michigan University apparel and an encased football jersey as the man sleeps.

What do you guys think? What do you like? What don't yoh? What story do you think would be great to adapt? ,

Last edited:
that's an interesting idea , there's a lot that i like. but i don't like the idea of killing off John and Kyle so early.

i still think the best way to go is a movie that mainly focuses on Hal and Sinestro's conflict.

I think Guy and John can be brought in as supporting characters in the first movie. There's gotta be a strong focus on the corps aspect, and bringing in 3 of the major earth GL's early on would be a good move.

that's an interesting idea , there's a lot that i like. but i don't like the idea of killing off John and Kyle so early.

i still think the best way to go is a movie that mainly focuses on Hal and Sinestro's conflict.

I think Guy and John can be brought in as supporting characters in the first movie. There's gotta be a strong focus on the corps aspect, and bringing in 3 of the major earth GL's early on would be a good move.

I agree with you. One of the worst aspects of the Green Lantern movie was their ignorance of the rest of the corp. Disappointing since they brought in Michael Clark Duncan and Geoffrey Rush.

The killing of John and Kyle were simple to establish that these Lanterns have been around (ala Batman) and they have faced losses in that time. I would wait to see what happens in BvS to see if the rumors of [BLACKOUT]Jason Todd having a memorial in the Batcave [/BLACKOUT]are true because then killing off well known characters before we meet them may be unwanted.

Last edited:
DC can be unique if they start killing off major characters and going with the legacy aspect.

I think it'd be interesting if Hal went to the dark side. John, Guy and Kyle could pick up his slack.

Barry could sacrifice himself and Wally could take over.

DC can be unique if they start killing off major characters and going with the legacy aspect.

I think it'd be interesting if Hal went to the dark side. John, Guy and Kyle could pick up his slack.

Barry could sacrifice himself and Wally could take over.

Some great ideas. DC could really work off of the legend of the heroes. Most people know of the Green Lantern but don't realise the are thousands and multiple human Lanters. Most people know the flash but don't know of the different people to carry on the name. Could be an interesting way to go.

Some great ideas. DC could really work off of the legend of the heroes. Most people know of the Green Lantern but don't realise the are thousands and multiple human Lanters. Most people know the flash but don't know of the different people to carry on the name. Could be an interesting way to go.
yeah totally

as long as Hal is the first Green Lantern, i will be satisfied. they need to do a movie featuring the Hal/Sinestro conflict, then after that i'm up for anything.

ideally, i'd want to see a Blackest Night centric trilogy that would somehow work in the rise and fall of Hal Jordan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"