What characters should be in the following movies?

Spider-Kurt!

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm not asking who should play whom or necessarily a plot but I would like to know what comic book characters do you most want to see in a live action film and in what capacity?

For example, for a Green Lantern solo movie...

Hal Jordan (main character)
Carol Ferris (love interest)
John Stewart (best friend)
Guy Gardner (obnoxious lawyer)
Abin Sir and Guardians(orgin portion)
???( main villian)
Kilowog (trainer)
Sinestro (betrays the Lanterns and becomes a full villian by the movie's end)
Kyle Rayner(brief cameo as a little boy/fan easter egg)
Alan Scott(reference or mentor/father figure type role)

OK, your turn...

Green Lantern
The Flash
Aquaman
Justice League of America
Justice Society of America
Teen Titans

Green Lantern-
Hal Jordan
Carol Ferris
Sinestro
Kilowog
John Stewart
The Guardians

Flash-
Barry Allen
Wally West
The Rogues
Iris West

Ceb-Man said:
Green Lantern-
Hal Jordan
Carol Ferris
Sinestro
Kilowog
John Stewart
The Guardians

Flash-
Barry Allen
Wally West
The Rogues
Iris West
Cool! In what capacity do you see namely Barry Allen and Wally West in? Both as the Flash or what?

Spider-Kurt! said:
I'm not asking who should play whom or necessarily a plot but I would like to know what comic book characters do you most want to see in a live action film and in what capacity?

For example, for a Green Lantern solo movie...

Hal Jordan (main character)
Carol Ferris (love interest)
John Stewart (best friend)
Guy Gardner (obnoxious lawyer)
Abin Sir and Guardians(orgin portion)
???( main villian)
Kilowog (trainer)
Sinestro (betrays the Lanterns and becomes a full villian by the movie's end)
Kyle Rayner(brief cameo as a little boy/fan easter egg)
Alan Scott(reference or mentor/father figure type role)

OK, your turn...

Green Lantern
The Flash
Aquaman
Teen Titans

I'd much rather not have cameos by other Green Lanterns. I'd love it if Hal was the GL in the first movie, but as they made more films they introduced other Earth GLs. So if you're gonna make John Stewart Hal's best friend, wont it seem a tad coincidental that two friends became GL's, and later Hal's lawyer (which you wanted to make Guy) also? I say just save the characters in case you ever want to bring them in.

Katsuro said:
So if you're gonna make John Stewart Hal's best friend, wont it seem a tad coincidental that two friends became GL's, and later Hal's lawyer (which you wanted to make Guy) also? I say just save the characters in case you ever want to bring them in.
First, no it wouldn't be out of place for Hal's best friend to end up being a GL. After all, they would be best friends and would likely share certain quality traits.

As for Gardner, wasn't he Hal's lawyer in the sequel to the Emerald Dawn orgin story?:huh:

Okay, here we go... main cast only.

Green Lantern
Hal Jordan & John Stewart (partner GLs)
Sinestro
Katma Tui
Kilowogg
Ganthet & other guardians
Manhunters

The Flash
Wally West
Barry Allen (flashbacks)
Cobalt Blue
Iris Allen
Linda Park
Detectives Morillo and Hunter

Aquaman
Aquaman/Arthur Curry/Orin
Ocean Master/Orm
Mera
Garth (non-combat child)
Black Manta
Royal Advisor (forget his name)

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Flash
Martian Manhunter (cameo, joins at end)
Despero

Jay Garrick
Alan Scott
Carter Hall
Ted Grant
Dinah Drake
Sanderson Hawkins (rookie)
Courtney Whitmore (rookie)
Micheal Holt (leading rookie)
Vandal Savage
The Shade
Solomon Grundy
Ultra Humanite

Teen Titans
Robin
Deathstroke
Wondergirl
Kid Flash
Cyborg
Raven
Starfire

Keep the teams manageable to start with... look at X-Men... you can't do an eight man story in two hours.

Katsuro said:
I'd much rather not have cameos by other Green Lanterns. I'd love it if Hal was the GL in the first movie, but as they made more films they introduced other Earth GLs. So if you're gonna make John Stewart Hal's best friend, wont it seem a tad coincidental that two friends became GL's, and later Hal's lawyer (which you wanted to make Guy) also? I say just save the characters in case you ever want to bring them in.
I agree. But cameos are okay (just don't make a big deal out of them). The thing is Green Lantern's basic premise is "A Green Lantern patrols his own sector". So to have three or four human GLs running around makes no sense. Why aren't there two kilowags, two Tomar-Re's, two whatever ya call it.

I also don't like the idea of partnering up human GLs, like Hal and John for example. It's a waste. It's much more interesting to have an alien pair up with a human than the cliche' white/black guy straight lace/obnoxious guy buddy cop crap. Hey look guys, Whitey McWhitebread, Hal Jordan is teamed up with angry black guy, John Stewart...hyjincks ensue. We might as well make the film a vechicle for Adam Sandler and Chris Tucker at that point :whatever: . Sorry, but it's so cliche'...and I had to rant about it.

Green Lantern should NOT be a buddy cop film. It's about a man coming to terms with his fears (and potentially his father's death). The shock and surprise of having an alien ship just hand you a ring because your chosen to defend your planet. The confusion of this new world, new villain.

If I were to do a movie though I'd leave Sinestro as the villain for the second. It would be so cool to get through the first movie thinking la-la-la Hal Jordan (or whoever) saved the day from those Manhunters (or whatever) and then BAM! we find out Sinestro organized the whole thing and he betrays everyone leaving Hal Jordan on his own to stand against him at the beginning of the second. Wow that would friggin rule. He is barely even trained and now has to stand on his own to feet.

So what does Hal do, he takes some remaining rings and goes and finds humans on earth to help him in his fight. Enter John or Kyle or whoever.

I'm not sure where the idea of John Stewart appearing in my version meant that he was going to be a GL in it. My intentions for John and Guy were to be nothing more than easter eggs for comic book fans.As I stated before however, if by chance John (or Guy) were to become a GL, it wouldn't neccessarily be out of place. It would really all depend on the story itself.
Black and white movie pairings don't always have to "buddy cop films".

Personally, I'd only want Jordan as earth's GL in the solo movies and Stewart in a JLA movie that doesn't neccessarily follow the other DC movie franchises.

I don't think having two Human GLs necessitates a buddy cop film, nor do I think that films like Training Day could be called such simply because there's a black guy and a white guy working together. And while some may feel that the basic premise of GL is "a (single) Green Lantern patrols his own sector" and that the Green Lantern franchise revolves around Hal's origin, I think it's fair, at this point, to say those views are outdated.

I'd much rather Hal/Guy/John/Kyle meet by Lanterndom than by happening to work in the same city AND happening to be the most willpowered people on the planet.

This is the idea I had, I posted this in another thread

greenlantern248 said:
I have been wanting a Green Lantern movie to be made for the longest time. I do like the idea of the Star Wars trilogy though well the two trilogys.

First Movie:
Hal's orgin (pretty much read Emerald Dawn and you have the movie.) with Hal, Abin Sur, A few of the other GL's, maybe like Tomar Ra, Kilowog, and Sinestro. Main villian Legion, Hal finds the yellow weakness in this movie.

Second Movie:
Emerald Dawn 2, Sinestro is training Hal. Hal thinks the way Sinestro handles his sector is unethical and Hal and Sinestro fight. The Guardians banish Sinestro to the Qwuard Universe, and tell Jordan he needs to find his replacement. GL's in this movie, Hal, Sinestro, Kilowog, Tomar Ra, The Guardians, John Stewart. Main villian Sinestro, and either Sonar, or the Tattoo man.

Third Movie:
Guy becomes GL, Hal leads the GL Corps. Love interest with Carol, Hal is on the road a lot and away from Coast City.
Hal plans on heading back to Coast City, when he gets there he sees Mongul's ships Hal fights Mongul the nuke goes off and destroys Coast City Mongul is defeated another GL takes care of the ship while another hero (wont say who) brings Mongul to the slab. Hal needs power kills most of the Corps, kills the Guardians, breaks Sinestro's neck, become Parallax.
At the end of the movie show Ganthert to still be alive and finds Kyle in the alley and offers him the ring the camera is focused on Ganthert's hand with the ring in it, screen goes black roll credits.

:gl: :gl: :gl: :gl:

And then the second trilogy

greenlantern248 said:
Second Trilogy.

First Movie:
The same sceen at the end of the third movie. Kyle takes the ring and Ganthert disappears. Kyle puts on the ring and becomes GL, having no idea what is happening but is very excited he heads off to wake his girlfriend Alex Dewitt up and shows her what has happened. GL's Kyle. Main villian Major Force. Force kills Alex by stuffing her in the fridge. Both Kyle and Major Force find out that yellow is no longer a weakness, or is the twenty four hour time limit.

Second Movie:
Kyle moves from LA (first movie) to New York City, learning how to use his ring more and more. While in a fight with Sonar Kyle gets help from Alan Scott. Alan introduces Kyle to John and Guy, Kyle also meets Jenny Haden and finds out that she is Alan's daughter.
Hal Jordan shows up and demands his ring back, Kyle doen's give it to him, Hal shows that he is Parallax, and Hal and Kyle fight. Hal wins but realizes that he is not GL anymore and gives the ring back to Kyle. Kyle gets called into space to fight a more deadly group the Black Circle. Cameos by Green Arrow, Aquaman, Hawkman. Main villian Parallax.

Third Movie:
Before Kyle fights the Black Circle he needs help so he turns to the Dark Lantern (Kilowog) and frees him from his undead curse. So Kilowog is alive again but not a GL. Kyle also gets help from some other former Lanterns (they werent killed). (Added twist show a flashback to when Hal relite the sun and saved everybody on earth and when he died the Black Circle took his body to try to get the Parallax energy.) So Kyle and the FGL have to fight the Black Circle with leader Amon Sur (Abin Sur's son) to disband the Black Cirlce and to get Hal's body back.
End of the movie show the opening scene of Green Lantern Rebirth, Kyle crashes in Nevada with Hal's body.

:gl: :gl: :gl: :gl: :gl:

Spider-Kurt! said:
Cool! In what capacity do you see namely Barry Allen and Wally West in? Both as the Flash or what?

Barry as The Flash in Pt.1
Wally comes in as Kid-Flash in Pt.2
Barry dies in pt.3, with Wally becoming The Flash

Spider-Kurt! said:
I'm not sure where the idea of John Stewart appearing in my version meant that he was going to be a GL in it. My intentions for John and Guy were to be nothing more than easter eggs for comic book fans.As I stated before however, if by chance John (or Guy) were to become a GL, it wouldn't neccessarily be out of place. It would really all depend on the story itself.
Black and white movie pairings don't always have to "buddy cop films".

Personally, I'd only want Jordan as earth's GL in the solo movies and Stewart in a JLA movie that doesn't neccessarily follow the other DC movie franchises.

If you put them in just as easter eggs, you screw them out of being able to appear as they are in the comics, that's the point. If John is Hal's best buddy, then we'll never get to see the real John Stewart. It'd be far too much of a ridiculous coincidence if it just so happens that the two most willpowered guys on Earth were best buddies. It's like the Spider-Man movies so far, how come every single person who's in a crazy accident resulting is superpowers just happens to have a connection to Peter Parker? I hate coincidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"