• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

explain jean grey powers in x-men 3

I remember that Famke mentioned Cerebro during the interview from msn behind the scenes video a while back.

Here is a little theory of mine. Or an opinion at least.

As stated in the movie, Phoenix is basically everything that is supposedly "bad" within Jean; rage, lust, vengeance, pleasure, etc, all rolled into one whole personality, whereas Jean is her good side; wholesome, kind, etc.

Throughout the movie, Jean/Phoenix are seemingly battling eachother inside their joint mind, but I think that Jean was infact the stronger of the two personalities, and here are a couple of points towards this:

1) Jean seemed to stay in control of herself (mostly), not using her power to kill or maim, simply staying quite silent, holding Phoenix in, until anybody seemed to attack her or at least invoke one of the Phoenix's dominant personality traits.

For example.

When she destroyed Professor X. Jean was sitting down, not really doing anything (except for some of her power making the things around the house rise up, but I believe this to be simply because she cannot hold all of it in). Jean, or Phoenix rather, only managed to take control and launch an attack on Professor X after he had tried to violate her mind. He invaded her mind, trying to rebuild the blocks, control her, trap her, and deep down, this offended Jean/Phoenix, causing a spark of anger, causing Phoenix to take hold and attack, fueling herself from the rage that Professor X was unwillingly creating in her.

2) This can again be said for the end scene. Phoenix did nothing during practically the whole last battle scene. Obviously if one were to think, Phoenix would have relished in taking part in the battle. And infact I believe Phoenix herself would have destroyed everything including Leech if Jean was not there to contain her.

It was only after that Jean was attacked by the army that again, Phoenix grabbed a hold onto the feeling of "shock", "anger" and "vengeance" and took control over Jean, obliterating them and everything else, Phoenix seemed now to finally be in control of Jean and was unleashing her wrath. The Phoenix side was beginning to win. It was becoming harder and harder for Jean to control the Phoenix within.

It was only when Wolverine approached, the Phoenix was desperatly trying to obliterate him, but Jean, with everything she had left, was fighting the Phoenix, trying so hard to hold back her power, to supress her, so Wolverine wasn't killed. Jean wasn't strong enough to contain Phoenix completely as before, but she could weaken her attacks, and thats just what she did.

It was only when Logan was face to face with her and Phoenix spat her venomess comment about how seemingly disgusted she was that he would risk death for them, but then Logan says that he would risk it for Jean, that Jean again feels love, and is able to take that dominating emotion and bring it to her own, supressing the Phoenix and giving Wolverine the crucial few seconds to kill her and end her constant battle with the Phoenix.

I could explain this through other Phoenix scenes, such as the lust scene in the Medical Room, and her and Magneto's chat in the forest but I'm sure you could go with what I've just said and think of how it coulda went. ;)

Mothling said:
Here is a little theory of mine. Or an opinion at least.

As stated in the movie, Phoenix is basically everything that is supposedly "bad" within Jean; rage, lust, vengeance, pleasure, etc, all rolled into one whole personality, whereas Jean is her good side; wholesome, kind, etc.

Throughout the movie, Jean/Phoenix are seemingly battling eachother inside their joint mind, but I think that Jean was infact the stronger of the two personalities, and here are a couple of points towards this:

1) Jean seemed to stay in control of herself (mostly), not using her power to kill or maim, simply staying quite silent, holding Phoenix in, until anybody seemed to attack her or at least invoke one of the Phoenix's dominant personality traits.

For example.

When she destroyed Professor X. Jean was sitting down, not really doing anything (except for some of her power making the things around the house rise up, but I believe this to be simply because she cannot hold all of it in). Jean, or Phoenix rather, only managed to take control and launch an attack on Professor X after he had tried to violate her mind. He invaded her mind, trying to rebuild the blocks, control her, trap her, and deep down, this offended Jean/Phoenix, causing a spark of anger, causing Phoenix to take hold and attack, fueling herself from the rage that Professor X was unwillingly creating in her.

2) This can again be said for the end scene. Phoenix did nothing during practically the whole last battle scene. Obviously if one were to think, Phoenix would have relished in taking part in the battle. And infact I believe Phoenix herself would have destroyed everything including Leech if Jean was not there to contain her.

It was only after that Jean was attacked by the army that again, Phoenix grabbed a hold onto the feeling of "shock", "anger" and "vengeance" and took control over Jean, obliterating them and everything else, Phoenix seemed now to finally be in control of Jean and was unleashing her wrath. The Phoenix side was beginning to win. It was becoming harder and harder for Jean to control the Phoenix within.

It was only when Wolverine approached, the Phoenix was desperatly trying to obliterate him, but Jean, with everything she had left, was fighting the Phoenix, trying so hard to hold back her power, to supress her, so Wolverine wasn't killed. Jean wasn't strong enough to contain Phoenix completely as before, but she could weaken her attacks, and thats just what she did.

It was only when Logan was face to face with her and Phoenix spat her venomess comment about how seemingly disgusted she was that he would risk death for them, but then Logan says that he would risk it for Jean, that Jean again feels love, and is able to take that dominating emotion and bring it to her own, supressing the Phoenix and giving Wolverine the crucial few seconds to kill her and end her constant battle with the Phoenix.

I could explain this through other Phoenix scenes, such as the lust scene in the Medical Room, and her and Magneto's chat in the forest but I'm sure you could go with what I've just said and think of how it coulda went. ;)

You.. know. Ur not the only one who's on the same page. And thats exactly what I saw.

lol... Nice post by the way.:up:

Odin's Lapdog said:
she doesn't hold in cyclop's blasts silly...

she just tricks his brain into thinking he has his visors on, hence no blasting...

notice scott never says anything about not having red vision anymore. scott's lack of ability to control his optic blasts is purely due to mental trauma. she merely did what the ruby quartz do and trick his brain into thinking they are firing all the time.

She did hold his opyic blasts back. His blasts are always on. It's the ruby quartz that hold it back. She held it back using tk and not ruby quartz. It's not like he thinks "oh im wearing glasses so i won't use my optic blasts."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"