Extract - Ben Affleck

Dark Donnie

Kenny Powers is Back!
Reaction score
Mike Judge prepping comedy film with Jason Bateman and Kristen Wiig
Jul 2, 2008, 01:08 AM | by Nicole Sperling

Maybe three's the magic number for Mike Judge. The talented but unlucky writer-director, whose last two films (Office Space and Idiocracy) were ignored by moviegoers, is assembling a new comedy called Extract, which centers on a flower-extract plant owner (played by Jason Bateman) who's facing a stream of bad luck, including workplace issues and a cheating wife. Sources tell EW.com that Saturday Night Live's Kristen Wiig, who just landed a role in Drew Barrymore's Roller Derby movie Whip It!, is in negotiations to play the cuckolding spouse, while Forgetting Sarah Marshall star Mila Kunis is in early talks to play one of the plant employees. Production is set to begin in August, pending the potential actors' strike and Wiig's SNL schedule.

Not sure if theres a thread but...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38013

Mike Judge Is Making Another Big-Screen Comedy, And This One Stars Ben Affleck, Mila Kunis, Jason Bateman and Kristen Wiig!!

Ben Affleck will play an opportunistic lawyer in Mike Judge’s latest big-screen comedy, “Extract.”

The Miramax feature, which starts shooting Monday, is about a flower-extract factory worker who loses a body part in a freak accident and finds himself pursuing a substantial settlement from his employer. Others in the cast include Kristen Wiig, Mila Kunis, Clifton Collins Jr. (Perry Smith in "Capote"), and Jason Bateman.

Writer-director Judge is the man behind "Beavis & Butt-head," "King of the Hill," "Office Space," "Idiocracy" and the upcoming animated ABC sitcom "The Goode Family."

Find all of Variety’s Thursday-morning story on the matter here.

^^^ I was just messing :woot:.... Surprised we didn't hear about Affleck earlier.

I don't know if a comedy is really what Ben Affleck's career needs right now.

Mike Judge is one of my favorites. Ben Affleck and Judge is an interesting pairing. I look forward to hearing more.

extractactor.jpg

Yes sir....there are a few more over at Just Jared.

That looks pretty good. Love the cast, looks damn solid as a comedy. Ben Affleck? lol. "Not if you smoke a little"....then he just keeps coughing out smoke...that was funny.

And I liked Idiocracy...though I'm mentaly scared to death of the future afterwards....

This look great.

"She's a tramp?"

Hehe.

Mike Judge, you've done it again.

That kid Affleck plays reminds me of a combination of Beavis and Butthead and Joseph from King of the Hill.

That kid Affleck plays reminds me of a combination of Beavis and Butthead and Joseph from King of the Hill.

HE DOES!

Man, what I wouldn't give to have a live action King of the Hill movie, I tell you what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"