eFSFDC7.png

Breakdown:
4-16 players
Graphics on par with Halo 4 based on Halo 3 engine
Power-ups and weapons pick-ups on the battlefield
Rich visual and gameplay customization of weapons and armor
There will be vehicles.
f2p is about weapons, armor and power-ups
Right now developers said nothing about story mode and there is likely the game will be MP-PVP only.

Few more details:
Game was presented by 343 themselves
Closed Beta will start "very soon"
Team Slayer and Assassinations modes confirmed
Backstabbing confirmed
There will be trials and missions like "kill 30 enemies today". Typical f2p fashion.
Microsoft is co-distributing the game here in Russia
One of the game locations is Russian city
http://kanobu.ru/news/343-studios-anonsirovali-multipleernyij-shuter-halo-online-dlya-pc-375925/

according to them it's coming only to russia but... that doesn't really make sense to me

I was thinking Hmm..until you mentioned Russia exclusive

A gift for Mother Russia!

I believe there is something similar with Call of Duty in China. It probably has roots in a similar situation where the government has a heavy stake in things such as internet access or consoles aren't common (I don't know much about Russia, I'm only speculating but that would be my guess). It's a way to extend the brand and tap into markets that aren't accessible by the regular means.

Besides, there's no real reason for this to come Stateside. Why would it? People pay to play this on Xbox consoles, and will still buy DLC and expansions when they come out. Like COD, putting effort into F2P of Halo is counterproductive more than anything outside this region.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"