Fable 2 info

Now THOSE people are idiots!!!!

No... but it's probably something to do with how the world reacts to you, since that's all Molyneux talks to the press about.

"Molyneux said that one of the most magical moments of his career was when he recently saw the Fable 2 family features in action. Returning home from a lengthy quest, Molyneux found that his baby son had grown up in his absence and, as he approached the house, the boy swung the doors open and ran toward him with his arms outstretched. Molyneux also stated that your child's development will be determined to some extent by your own actions, almost as if he or she is trying to imitate you or gain your approval. So, if you play as an evil guy covered in tattoos, you might find that your son gets himself some ink the first chance he gets. As the bread-winner of your family, you'll be responsible for making sure that they always have enough money to eat, and your performance in this regard will also play a part in your child's development."

Awwwwwwwwww..

They had to take that out of the first one to avoid an AO rating. GTA ruined it for everyone. :(

WhatsHisFace said:
They had to take that out of the first one to avoid an AO rating. GTA ruined it for everyone. :(

The killing kids, or the sex thing?

GTA has never and will never have kids in them, Rockstar made that decision long ago. So Fable did not get rid of kid killing because of GTA.

And the sex thing, Hot Coffee didn't happen until summer 2005 and Fable came out Sept. 2004. So that had no effect on sex being taken out.

So I don't know what you're talking about.

Fable's kid killing was taken out because of idiot parents groups who began paying attention again thanks to GTA. Simple.

I don't really want them to have 'kid killing' in it. Though 'spouse abuse' and 'child abuse' would be hillarious.

I'de literally just spend hours playing this game, and all I'de be doing was smacking my wife and kid around. Just for ****s and giggles.

Geo7877 said:
The killing kids, or the sex thing?

GTA has never and will never have kids in them, Rockstar made that decision long ago. So Fable did not get rid of kid killing because of GTA.

And the sex thing, Hot Coffee didn't happen until summer 2005 and Fable came out Sept. 2004. So that had no effect on sex being taken out.

So I don't know what you're talking about.
You daftly ignored the possibility that GTA made the media and the ESRB look harshly at violence in videogames, but that's a failure I can excuse.

I don't if anybody's read this yet but:
here
I'm looking forward to the 2nd one, though it's a ways off.​

WhatsHisFace said:
You daftly ignored the possibility that GTA made the media and the ESRB look harshly at violence in videogames, but that's a failure I can excuse.

You can't blame GTA for everything. Yes GTA caused the mass-media to take notice of videogame violence. But that didn't stop the countless number of games that followed GTA from being just as-if not more violent. The media has never latched onto a game and bashed it for violence more-so than the GTA franchise. Fable pulling out child killing was not a result of GTA's media.
If Fable went through with child killing, if the publishers and everyone agreed with it and let it through (Which even without GTA's media, would have caused a problem. Very few games have child killing it them, it's an unwritten rule.) It would never have amounted to the media surrounding GTA.
Child killing was pulled because clearer heads prevailed, and with a game that already was missing alot of promised features, adding children would not help it's losses.
GTA caused a backlash at video game ratings, but few games have ever been called on it. We do not know for sure if they would have recieved an AO due to child killing. It all depended on the execution of it.

Gammy79 said:
Fable 2 > Oblivion, perhaps?

I seriously cannot wait for this.
Probably, it just depends on what kind of experience you're after. IMO at least, Fable: The Lost Chapters > Oblivion, and maybe even equal to Morrowind. If you want total free roaming, then Oblivion is obviously going to appeal to you more. If you want a tighter, more linear but more "designed" experience (like me), Fable 2 will blow Oblivion out of the water. The best thing would be Morrowind II though, since that game got both RPG styles and blended them perfectly :(

Well, I still play the hell out of Fable 1, because it's a brilliant and fun game, so I expect the sequel to just give me an orgasm a minute.

The original, or Lost Chapters? Lost Chapters is so much better, they actually added content instead of just a few suits of armor or something :up:

Gammy79 said:
Fable 2 > Oblivion, perhaps?

I seriously cannot wait for this.

Yes.

I prefered the original Fable to Oblivion to be honest.

Fable rawks and so will this :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"