• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Family Guy Gone to far?

Family Guy is A hilarious show and if you think they have gone to far why watch it? That is Family Guy. You do know this a really stupid thread

AllThingsComic said:
That is a poor misconception, the "n" word should not be used in any form. Nicholas "FatNick" Minucci is now serving a much longer time in jail because of that word. Wether he was using it racially or most likely as part of his everyday language, he is still being charged with a racial crime. Who is to determine the interpretation of a word? It's stupid plain and simple.

I should point out that I could care less about Nick Minucci and wether or not he serves life, I don't care, I just think there is a double standard in our society.

What?! If you're black, it's accepitble to say the "n"word and that's how it's always going to be. I don't think you should serve time in jail if you're a white person because you used to "n"word.

Do you get mad when Carlos Mencia(I know i spelled it wrong)uses the word "wet back" on his show? It dosen't really bother me when a white person says the "n"word and I know he dosen't mean any harm by it.

I must admit it has made me gasp a few times :O

C-$ said:
What?! If you're black, it's accepitble to say the "n"word and that's how it's always going to be. I don't think you should serve time in jail if you're a white person because you used to "n"word.

Do you get mad when Carlos Mencia(I know i spelled it wrong)uses the word "wet back" on his show? It dosen't really bother me when a white person says the "n"word and I know he dosen't mean any harm by it.
Heh, Boston Public had a whole episode about this.

I love how they push the line. Especially the moment when they almost made fun of the atomic bomb attacks in Japan.

Caliber said:
I love how they push the line. Especially the moment when they almost made fun of the atomic bomb attacks in Japan.
well that was the funnyest day in history, you know that guy the dropped it was all like "look at this" pulls lever and bombs away.

C-$ said:

I don't think it should be acceptable to use because you give the greenlight for the word to be used as freely as it is today. I don't walk around and here Puerto Ricans calling eachother "spic" or Mexicans walk around calling eachother "wetback" or any other race calling eachother a derogatory name for that matter. My point is, the word is used to frequently and if it were not we would know the exact tone that Minucci was using it in.

The only time I felt that Family Guy had gone to far was when they made fun of Regan, it was incredibly distastefully done imo.

Other then that I have no problem with family Guy.

I don't think Family Guy has ever gone too far. And I have to agree with people who say, "If it offends you, don't watch it." Don't try to take it away from me just because it upsets you.

And, not to bash on the handicapped, but you wanna know what going too far is?

My wife is a second grade teacher. In our school system, the mentally handicapped children are not placed in "Special Ed" classes until like the fourth grade. So, in my wife's class, there are 3 mentally handicapped kids. And she only has one teacher's aide. Now these kids ARE handicapped. They don't follow directions very well, and spend a lot of time disrupting class. That causes the other children to suffer in their learning because little Austin can't stop running around the room. Class is disrupted several times a day. Now the policy is that these children NEED this "normal" interaction with other children their age. But at what cost? To be politcally correct, we are short-changing the children with no handicaps.

In my opinion, THAT is going to far.

Or to quote Peter Griffin: "Oh, Lois. That is just morbidly obese."

Eddie Brock Jr. said:
Family Guy is good at saying the s*** that everyone else is too afraid to say.
Hence: Funny.

Other than, you know, South Park.

C-$ said:

Yes and no. I'm not offended that he's saying it, I'm offended that Comedy Central would give someone a show who's whole purpose is to see how many times he can say "Wetback, Beaner, DUR DUR DUR" and any given episode.

If you find it offensive, don't watch it.
They are called jokes for a reason, they are goofing around. There are episodes that make fun of some of my beliefs and I laugh, cause its all for fun. Not all people are like that, and I understand that. Just dont watch it.

Eddie Brock Jr. said:
making jokes about famous people, handicapped people

Chris: Dad, what's it like being a ******?
Peter: Please, Chris, we prefer to be called "little people."

stuff like that

oh gawd I'm totally terrified of that! family guy is so t3h awesomes!!11!!!!

LOL, so InYOFace!!!!

I watch it but I only like the older episodes before it was revived, I guess I liked how it was based in reality more (Although the episodes leading up to the cancellation were pretty outrageous) Honestly, I find shows that base a lot or most of their material on being outrageous or crossing the line lazy but that's me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"