What Happend to Family Guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying Stewie would be embraced by the gay community, but he certainly wouldn't offend anyone. Hell, He's already gay and villainous and there has been no backlash.

Sidenote, making a character an evil gypsy is just as offensive as making them an evil jew. I'm gonna get on my soapbox for a moment and mention that millions of gypsies were murdered in the holocaust alongside the Jewish people. No-one seems to bat an eyelid at the casual racism most gypsy communities are treated with or cares that there are still some countries in the world where they still have no basic human rights. It honestly astounds me how in 2011 it is still seen as socially acceptable to discriminate and be prejudiced against travellers, so much so that many people don't even realise they're doing it.
I'm aware that Gypsies were killed during the Holocaust. Along with Poles , Communists , artists , intellectuals , Russians , etc. It's just the Jews who couldn't handle Magneto being a villian and a Jew who was a Holocaust survivor.

I've been watching some of the newer episodes on Adult Swim during the week. They seemed to have improved from what I remember. However, they still resort to their bad habits like dragging out scenes (in the episode Chris dated the vet intern, Peter spent a minute trying to pick up a dead frog) or being too political (when they left Stewie at home and went to Ground Zero. I mean...really?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"