FanDuel, Draft Kings etc

ComicChick

I Work Too Much
Staff member
Reaction score
Do any hype members participate in, or know anyone who participates in these kind of gaming sites?

with the influx of commercials and promos promoting these sites, I was just curious if anyone has had any luck playing. One guy in the commercials claims to have made over a million, so of course it caught my eye as I already play Fantasy Football, but i know i don't take it as serious as some do.

I play DK sometimes. Mostly in invite-only competitions with guys in my fantasy league. I do the occasional public 50/50 for like $3 or $5 buy ins for MLB or NHL. Mostly just mess around money and you avoid the "sharks"

As Darth says above, the open "Millionaire Maker" tournaments are usually a suckers bet. I won $200 in one last season, but it was a fluke, past that I'm typically lucky if I can get out with $40 on a $20 buy in.

They've really shot themselves in the foot with this deluge of advertising this football season. They were coasting along nicely the past few seasons turning a pretty good profit. But all they've done now is put a spotlight on themselves and their operation which, let's face it, IS gambling.

Last edited:
yes. i just saw on the new last night Nevada was the first state that made it illegal

I refuse to use these sites on principle.

Their commercials are annoying and excessive. I don't give a **** if you "won" $2 million dollars, guy. :o

I play DK sometimes. Mostly in invite-only competitions with guys in my fantasy league. I do the occasional public 50/50 for like $3 or $5 buy ins for MLB or NHL. Mostly just mess around money and you avoid the "sharks"

As Darth says above, the open "Millionaire Maker" tournaments are usually a suckers bet. I won $200 in one last season, but it was a fluke, past that I'm typically lucky if I can get out with $40 on a $20 buy in.

They've really shot themselves in the foot with this deluge of advertising this football season. They were coasting along nicely the past few seasons turning a pretty good profit. But all they've done now is put a spotlight on themselves and their operation which, let's face it, IS gambling.
Well stated Hulk. They asked for the attention this season. The flood of ads put them front and center and now they are going to get regulated.

I refuse to use these sites on principle.

Their commercials are annoying and excessive. I don't give a **** if you "won" $2 million dollars, guy. :o
It is so bad now, made worse by the sponsored segments all over ESPN shows and podcast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"