Fantastic Four 2?

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
Seems the deletion of the FF forum may have been a bit premature as theres a chance that FANT4STIC may get a sequel

Screen-Shot-2015-08-07-at-3.26.36-AM.png

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05...-wants-to-make-brighter-sequel-with-same-cast

FANTASTIC FOUR 2: PRODUCER WANTS TO MAKE 'BRIGHTER' SEQUEL WITH SAME CAST

While 20th Century Fox's Fantastic Four film was both a critical and commercial flop when it debuted last year, producer Simon Kinberg says a sequel is still possible and he'd like to bring back the same cast.

"We want to make another Fantastic Four movie," Kinberg told Den of Geek when asked about a potential sequel at the X-Men: Apocalypse junket. "We love that cast—I mean if I were to say to you now Michael B. Jordan and Miles Teller, and Kate [Mara] and Jamie [Bell] are great actors—we love that cast," he added, noting he loves the comic "almost as much as X-Men."

n the event that Fantastic Four 2 moves forward, Kinberg said it would be a "brighter" film that more accurately captures the tone of the comics. "We'll try to be truer to the essence of the tone of Fantastic Four, which is completely—well, not completely, but largely—distinct from the X-Men, which is brighter, funner, more optimistic tone," he explained.

Kinberg cited the first film's darker approach as a potential misstep, saying "it seemed like a radical idea" at the time, but they "were kind of messing with the DNA of the actual comic instead of trusting the DNA of the comic."

While the producer couldn't say with any certainty as to whether or not a sequel will in fact happen, he did note that they're "working really hard on figuring that out," as there's an appetite for it at Fox. In the meantime, Kinberg remains optimistic, saying "nothing would make me happier than the world embracing a Fantastic Four movie."

This is happening ... over Murdoch's dead body. He blasted it at the shareholder meeting last year. No way he lets it happen as long as he is alive.

sounds more like Kinberg wish than anything else... Kinberg seems to be the only one on earth who wants it to happen

Fox already took FF 2 out of their schedule. Seems to me Kinberg is on his one man crusade to try to make it happen.

In the meantime, Kinberg remains optimistic, saying "nothing would make me happier than the world embracing a Fantastic Four movie."
The world would, if it is made by Marvel Studios. Then sit back and watch the magic happen.

Honestly, it sounds like he has the right idea. I also think some people are just hoping this doesn't happen because they want F4 at Marvel Studios...

Keeping an open mind I think if they get a better script, and make the tone lighter, it can at least be as good as the 2005 version.

I wouldn't mind a couple of the cast members being in a Marvel Studios reboot, and that would almost certainly have a lighter feel. It seems like Fox is done with F4, but if Kinberg isn't maybe we can have him and Kevin Feige work on a MCU Fox Studios reboot, similar to what Marvel's done with Spider-Man. It is always good for someone to be excited to see comic characters rise up on the big screen, that enthusiasm is always good. I think Kinberg would be up for a re-boot if he really cares about the characters, and not just the current Fantastic Four Universe.

But who knows, maybe he can revive the F4 and make it great without Marvels help. Would that really be that bad?

What about the previous 3 movies makes it sound like they know what they are doing? These are the same genius who thought the last movie was the best idea ever.

Honestly, it sounds like he has the right idea. I also think some people are just hoping this doesn't happen because they want F4 at Marvel Studios...

Keeping an open mind I think if they get a better script, and make the tone lighter, it can at least be as good as the 2005 version.

I wouldn't mind a couple of the cast members being in a Marvel Studios reboot, and that would almost certainly have a lighter feel. It seems like Fox is done with F4, but if Kinberg isn't maybe we can have him and Kevin Feige work on a MCU Fox Studios reboot, similar to what Marvel's done with Spider-Man. It is always good for someone to be excited to see comic characters rise up on the big screen, that enthusiasm is always good. I think Kinberg would be up for a re-boot if he really cares about the characters, and not just the current Fantastic Four Universe.

But who knows, maybe he can revive the F4 and make it great without Marvels help. Would that really be that bad?

If Fox is willing to let Marvel help them, fine, I'll give that a chance, but Simon Kinberg can't be anywhere near it and they can't carry over any of the dreadful elements of that awful film.

The cast, while talented, were completely wrong for the roles. The costumes and production design were among the worst ever by any comic-book film. Marvel's greatest villain - Dr. Doom - was destroyed. The story was incoherent and nonsensical and the characters were poorly defined, not slightly interesting or likable and completely different from the comic-book characters they were supposedly based on.

Simon Kinberg doesn't understand or respect the Fantastic Four. He thought he could make something better by ignoring all the elements of the comic-book that made them an iconic property that helped define the Silver Age, and he failed miserably. The result was a trite hodge-podge of mismatched elements with no cohesiveness or redeeming values.

Nobody who worked on that film should be involved in any way and no components of that film should be used in any future films. There's not a single, solidary element of that film that was good.

Kinberg lost me at his half-*ssed attempt to appease.
It was their call to go Ultimate, and I'd rather they stay the course if a continuation is in any way possible.
Let directors do what they do and hire more proven writers.

Miles Teller needs to play the Maker:
latest

Déjà vu. This is very reminiscent of the same arguments made prior to FanFAILstic. We all know how that turned out.

Marvel Studios or bust.

If someone can explain how FOX could put a FFINO followup into theaters without losing at least another $50M, I would love to hear it. And here's hoping we finally get news about "Tomorrowland Too", "Jupiter Descending", "Pan : The Next Chapter" and "Aloha Again".

If someone can explain how FOX could put a FFINO followup into theaters without losing at least another $50M, I would love to hear it. And here's hoping we finally get news about "Tomorrowland Too", "Jupiter Descending", "Pan : The Next Chapter" and "Aloha Again".
:funny: Exactly.

Money losers that nobody liked do not get sequels.

Well if the three or four people who actually want to see more of this dreck put their money where their mouths are and pay . . . say $100 million per ticket . . . :woot:

They should've made Fantastic Four 3 instead. Simon Kinberg can fu** off!!!

A recast loose sequel to Fantastic Four 2 with a different director and writer probably would have been a better option than that 2015 debacle.

A recast loose sequel to Fantastic Four 2 with a different director and writer probably would have been a better option than that 2015 debacle.

Yep, those films were closer to FF and could at least conceivably be fixable.

Fant4stic didn't get anything right. There's no way you could turn that into a Fantastic Four film.

I love Tomorrowland, and liked Pan a little bit. :argh:

:(
Tomorrowland doesn't strike me as a film that would easily lend itself to a sequel even if it were a success. I haven't seen Pan yet, I had a chance to watch it on DVD and opted not to. Maybe in the future I will because I like the director.

Tomorrowland doesn't strike me as a film that would easily lend itself to a sequel even if it were a success. I haven't seen Pan yet, I had a chance to watch it on DVD and opted not to. Maybe in the future I will because I like the director.
I know. I just wanted to shout out my support for Bird and Robertson. :cwink:

Yep, those films were closer to FF and could at least conceivably be fixable.

Fant4stic didn't get anything right. There's no way you could turn that into a Fantastic Four film.
Is it considered fixable if you have to throw everything out? :funny:

Finally got around to watching FF (2015) and while it wasn't horrible, I can say this. Enough with origin stories. Same reason the Spiderman reboots fail. You're retelling the same story with only minor twists. We already know the origin. Just jump into it and roll. When FF returns to Marvel in 9 years, I hope Marvel just dives in head-first and does FF vs Galactus, regardless of who the cast is. We don't need to see how Ben and Reed became friends, or how they all got their powers.

This reboot statement goes for all of them. QUIT re-telling the Origin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"