• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fantasy dc eic!, you choose the creative teams!

Shemtov

Sidekick
Reaction score
My Line:

Superman: Morrison and Quitely
Action comics:Moore and Byrne
Batman: Morrison and Infantino
Detective Comics: Miller and Adams
Flash: Johns and Van Sciver
Green lantern: O'Neal and Van Sciver
Green Lantern Corps: Johns and Starlin
Wonder Woman: Simone and Simonson
JLA: Millar and McNiven
Green Arrow: Kevin Smith , Adams
JSA: Meltzer, Infantino
Suicide Squad: Moore, Gibbons
Nightwing: Brubaker, any artist
Titans: Bendis, any artist
Freedom fighters: Moore, Gibbons
Shazam: Gaiman, any artist
Legion: Johns and Lee.

Vertigo would be a playground for Moore, Morrison, Gaiman, and Ennis, though any writer with a good pitch could write in it.
I would have Moore write America's Best Comics charachters under Vertigo. After all, it's Dc's (Dc owns Wildstorm, Wildstorm Owns ABC).
Sandman (gaiman), Swamp Thing()Moore), and Doom Patrol (Morrison) Would be 3 "cross-imprint" titles, deeply rooted in in DC continuity, but for mature readers.

Last edited:
Aquaman
Writer:Grant Morrison
Morrison loves his mythology. His JLA resembling the classic Greek pantheon. The trippy deconstruction of Batman's origins. The high-concept Seven Soldiers, which you should have read already. If Morrison got his hands on Aquaman pre-52 mutation and alternate A.C. ********, he would have invigorated it. Just to see what he could do with the Aruthurian legend homages, the magical possibilities of the water bearer hand, and the sword and sandal but underwater tone would be worth him taking it on.
Artist: Alan Davis
aquaman15.jpg

Teen Titans
Writer: Dan Slott
I got a lot of love for McKeever's Titans run, but there needs some more direction. Slott's ability to write cool young characters in a learning environment (a la Avengers: Initiative) is obviously the strongest case for him to write Titans, but he also has a great balance of humor and adventure seen through his work on Spiderman and Mighty Avengers (2 issues in and already better than everything Bendis has done with Avengers).
Artist: Paul Pelletier
exilesanncov.jpg

Last edited:
Red Son and I hear that his issues of Superman Adventures are really good.
Red Son's not the best benchmark for Superman writing.

As it is, the ideas he has for Superman fly in the face of, well, everything.

Red Son and I hear that his issues of Superman Adventures are really good.
Red Son's not the best benchmark for Superman writing.

As it is, the ideas he has for Superman fly in the face of, well, everything.

My Line:

Superman: Morrison and Quitely
Action comics:Moore and Byrne
Batman: Morrison and Infantino
Detective Comics: Miller and Adams
Flash: Johns and Van Sciver
Green lantern: O'Neal and Van Sciver
Green Lantern Corps: Tomasi and Starlin
Wonder Woman: Simone and Simonson
JLA: Millar and McNiven
Green Arrow: Kevin Smith , Adams
JSA: Johnmeltzer, Infantino
Suicide Squad: Moore, Gibbons
Nightwing: Brubaker, any artist
Titans: Bendis, any artist
Freedom fighters: Moore, Gibbons
Shazam: Gaiman, any artist
Legion: Johns and Lee.

Vertigo would be a playground for Moore, Morrison, Gaiman, and Ennis, though any writer with a good pitch could write in it.
I would have Moore write America's Best Comics charachters under Vertigo. After all, it's Dc's (Dc owns Wildstorm, Wildstorm Owns ABC).
Sandman (gaiman), Swamp Thing()Moore), and Doom Patrol (Morrison) Would be 3 "cross-imprint" titles, deeply rooted in in DC continuity, but for mature readers.

Congratulations! You accomplished something not even Dan Didio could do. Bankrupt DC Comics. You're awesome!

Most of your teams are either impossible (Moore writing anything at DC is laughable) or notoriously late (Millar, Morrison, Kevin Smith). Also, Johnmeltzer doesn't exist.:huh:

Congratulations! You accomplished something not even Dan Didio could do. Bankrupt DC Comics. You're awesome!

Most of your teams are either impossible (Moore writing anything at DC is laughable) or notoriously late (Millar, Morrison, Kevin Smith). Also, Johnmeltzer doesn't exist.:huh:

Maybe that's why it's fantasy... :whatever:

Batman titles - Personally I think that Mike Marts is not doing a good job in making the Batman books feel very connected with each other like the Green Lantern and Superman books. The most important thing I would do is make the Batman line feel like it's very connected with each other. I would also use back-up features to ensure that every corner of the world of Gotham City would be covered.

- Batman by Grant Morrison and Tony Daniel: I honestly don't get the point of why Morrison needed a brand new Batman book to be the flagship title of the series. The flagship title of the Batman books should always be Batman, plain and simple. The focus of this title would be the superheroic adventures of Batman and his interactions with the DC Universe. The main supporting cast would be Batman's family.

- Detective Comics by Paul Dini and Dustin Nguyen: This would be the secondary Batman title with the focus of the detective cases of Batman and his interactions within Gotham City. The main supporting cast would be Commissioner Jim Gordon, District Attorney Kate Spencer, Detective Harvey Bullock, and Captain Maggie Sawyer. With a backup feature of the Question by Greg Rucka

- Nightwing by Peter Tomasi and Don Kramer: Remember Tomasi's run on Nightwing? Yeah pretty much that but set in Gotham City and married to Oracle. With a backup feature of Huntress by Gail Simone.

- Robin by Chuck Dixon and ???: Tim Drake takes back the mantle of Robin from that little ****-stain Damien and goes kick ass along with being a detective and leader of the Teen Titans. With a backup feature of Red Robin (Jason Todd) by Judd Winick.

- Batgirl by Fabian Niceza and Ale Garza: A revival of pre-OYL Batgirl, Cassandra Cain. With a backup feature of Damien Wayne.

- Batwoman by Greg Rucka and J.H. Williams, III: What Rucka is doing in Detective Comics but in her own ongoing. With a backup feature of Manhunter by Mark Andreyko

- Catwoman by Paul Dini and Pete Woods: An explanation really isn't needed for this.

Superman titles - a return to the pre-World without a Superman status quo. Much like the Batman books, backup features would be used to make sure that every corner of Metropolis is covered

- Superman by J. Michael Straczynski and Gary Frank: The flagship Superman title which would be similar to Batman, Superman's superheroic adventures and his interactions with the DC Universe along with the supporting cast of his family. With a backup feature of Steel by James Robinson.

- Action Comics by James Robinson and Renato Guedes: This would be similar to Detective Comics in dealing with Superman's humanity and his interactions within Metropolis. The supporting cast would be the Daily Planet employees, Bibbo Bibbowski, etc. With a backup feature of the Guardian by James Robinson.

- Superboy by ??? and ???: The adventures of Superboy in Metropolis. Plain and simple

- Supergirl by Sterling Gates and Jamal Igle: I really like how Gates has turned this title around

- Power Girl by Jimmy Palmiotti, Justin Gray, and Amanda Connor: I've always wondered why Power Girl, who is technically a Kryptonian isn't a more integral part of the Superman mythos.

Green Lantern titles - The Green Lantern books are perfect as is.

- Green Lantern by Geoff Johns and Doug Mahnke: Geoff Johns continues his saga on Green Lantern. With a backup feature of Kyle Rayner by Peter Tomasi

- Green Lantern Corps by Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason: Guy Gardner, Kilowog, Salaak, Arisa, and Sodam Yat lead the Green Lantern Corps to police the universe. With a backup feature of John Stewart by Dwayne McDuffie.

DC Universe Titles

- Aquaman by Geoff Johns and Ethan van Sciver: Johns and Van Sciver bring back Aquaman to the glory that he deserves to be in.

- Booster Gold by Jeff Katz and Dan Jurgens: The same Booster Gold we're reading right now. With a backup feature of Blue Beetle by John Rogers.

- The Flash by Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis: A mix of CSI and Barry Allen. With a backup feature of Wally West by Mark Waid.

- Green Arrow by Brad Meltzer and Cliff Chang: Brad Meltzer returns to Green Arrow and his adventures to clean up crime in Star City. With a backup feature of Black Canary by Gail Simone.

- Justice League of America by Geoff Johns and Jim Lee: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Barry Allen, Hal Jordan, Aquaman, the Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Hawkman, Booster Gold, Zatanna, the Atom, Red Tornado, the Elongated Man form the Earth's most powerful superhero team.

- Justice Society of America by James Robinson and Darwyn Cooke: Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, Ted Grant, Hippolyta, Starman, Dr. Fate, Hawkman, Sandman, Obsidian, Power Girl, and Atom Smasher form the Justice Society, the predecessor of the Justice League. Heavy emphasis on the Golden Age of comics.

- Outsiders by Joe Kelly and ???: The Justice League under Batman's command have Black Lightning, Metamorpho, Geo-Force, Katana, Halo, Looker, Grace Choi, Coldcast, Manitou Dawn, and Sister Superior to act as a top secret black ops to conduct missions that the Justice League cannot do as a spiritual successor to Justice League Elite.

- Teen Titans ??? and ???: Robin, Wonder Girl, Superboy, Kid Flash, Speedy, Offspring, Miss Martian, Blue Beetle, Aquagirl, Static, and Red Devil are the current teenaged superheroes of the DC Universe. While the Titans act more as a family and have a restricted membership as a result, the Teen Titans are a place for teenaged heroes to gather and are more open to people coming and going.

- Titans by Gail Simone and George Perez: Nightwing, Red Arrow, Donna Troy, Wally West, Tempest, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, Cyborg, Lilith, and Jericho unite to serve as the successor to the Justice League. But they go beyond just a team, together they're a family.

- Wonder Woman by Gail Simone and Terry Dodson: Continue with the same stories that Simone has been doing.

Last edited:
See its caleed Fantasy for a reason. Imagine you had the power to make anybody work for you (Moore), on time (Smith, Morrison etc.) and fit to draw/write (Infantino and Neal Adams).
And I meant to put Johns on the book, but then I reliezed how good meltzer would be. so Johnmeltzer is actually Brad Meltzer.

See its caleed Fantasy for a reason. Imagine you had the power to make anybody work for you (Moore), on time (Smith, Morrison etc.) and fit to draw/write (Infantino and Neal Adams).
And I meant to put Johns on the book, but then I reliezed how good meltzer would be. so Johnmeltzer is actually Brad Meltzer.

Stop living in fantasy and join us in the real world.

You have no business typing in the English language.:o:csad::o:csad::o
So you expect everybody to memorize how to spell every common word in the english language? :huh: Because people forget stuff. I forget spelling.

You know what? lets get this back on topic. If you want to contribute, contibute. If you wish to insult the OP, go away.

OP? Opie? Dude, I'm just messing with you.

I would put Millar on supes because I adore Red Son, and he gets Luthor, which seems to be rare these days (looking at you Action Comics). Also, to stop his *****ing finally. But yeah, Strazinsky sounds like a good fit too.
Frank Miller on Detective, it would sell like crazy and piss off the fanboys, who would still buy it. But would give him a strict editor. Maybe a lady in S&M gear, something that would have a taming effect on the crazy hack. Let Rucka take Batman.

Gaiman on Wonder Woman, let them deal with the mythology/mystical stuff. And I would issue an editorial order to deal more with lesbianism, because I need some fancy new shoes. (Seriously, let her bang some girls finally, and I could buy solid gold slippers.)

I would give Morrisson a title, where he can tell different stories every month from the DCU. Call it Universe or something. Or let him reboot the Challengers of the Unknown, into a sort of anthology series where the Challangers interact with the weirdest happenings of the DCU, where he can unleash the psychedelic meta craziness we adore so much, without messing up the rest of the titles. (He's waaay too messed up to handle a regular title anymore. This is the man who did wonders to the X-men and the JLA. Now look at his work. Drugs are bad for you.)

I would also offer Ennis a Luthor mini, and put Ellis on JLA.

Last edited:
Jesus, have you people read what Millar would do to Superman?

Jesus, have you people read what Millar would do to Superman?

Make him more alien and Jesus like is what I remember.

Since right now, he's one of the 200000 other flying people, who's only different from a human society, because they can fly and use weird names, I would welcome it greatly. Kryptonians now not more unique than Atlanteans or Wakanda's people over at Marvel. They live in crystal buildings and have different guilds. Good job DC, that's way better than a mysterious long forgotten alien civilization, we only get glimpes of.

I love Superman so much, I went back to Smallville like a beaten wife, again and again hoping this time it would be different.

But everything since the first Superman and Batman arc, when they made Luthor a lunatic in supersuit, followed by Supergirl (who for me represents everything bad in comic book storytelling, a teenage girl version of a popular hero, instead of creating a new character) and then Zod and co rubbed me the wrong way . Rucka's run was kinda nice, he used MXY very well, and Ruin was interesting till the final battle, but that's about it.

Otherwise DC seems to think the only way to makes Supes exciting is throwing more and more Kryptonians on him.
(Supergirl - now there's 2. Now Power Girl is one again too - 3 The Auctioneer mentions another one - 4. Now Kris Kent - 5. Now Zod and fellow villains - 100 or something. Now all Kandorians - 200000. Awesome storytelling.)

The Superman franchise needs the same kind of enema that O'neil's work and DKR was to the Batman franchise. And I don't mean making it dark and serious, I mean finding a place for it in modern storytelling. They tried this by putting him back to the Silver Age and magnifying it's elements (Kandor, 200000 kryptonians brainiac a green muscle guy in tight t-shirt) to create serious threats and stories but I don't think it works. At least for me.

So I wouldn't just like Millar to give it a shot. I would LOVE it. And I really hate some of that guys work, but I think he would make Supes exciting again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"