• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

fave Bat-suit.

100% agree on Lee Bermejo. His batsuit has seams! The boots seem functional! The bat-belt looks like it actually has stuff inside it! And the skin-tight outfit looks more like durable leather than tights. The cape has a structure to keep it weighted and stable! Overall, its one of the few outfits that doesn't look like its sprayed-on and doesn't make Batman look like a kendoll.
Yeah, but his face also looks like durable leather. Otherwise, I agree with you.

Mladen said:
Ditto Paul Pope's Batman Year 100 outfit.
Meh, I think Paul Pope draws like ass in terms of a superhero story.

Meh, I think Paul Pope draws like ass in terms of a superhero story.
lmao . . . word. I mean boxer briefs on his costume and lace up boots, and a cowl that looks like it was made from a BDSM mask? yeah that's putting the fear in em all right. "OMG run it's the BatGimp!!!"

For me, this is about as perfect as it gets. It's the same costume as Ross's but unlike Ross's work, it has a visual flaire to it and comes across as stylistic as opposed to completely realistic.

Ross's big Bat-symbol has always been my favorite of the black ones.
yeah but the two ears repressenting the head of a bat bugs me to no end. If the bat's head was more pronounced on Ross's symbol I would love it.

lmao . . . word. I mean boxer briefs on his costume and lace up boots, and a cowl that looks like it was made from a BDSM mask? yeah that's putting the fear in em all right. "OMG run it's the BatGimp!!!"
I always though he looked like a cat with his head pulled back.

I liked the 2000ad interpretation, there comics aren't the greatest, awesome artwork though.

Batman-Judge-Dredd-Judgment-Gotham-001.jpg

Its either briefs or speedos. I'll admit, speedos ARE scary, but not in the right way.

Mazzucchelli
1525.jpg
[/quote]

Not a Miller fan by any stretch but The Mazzuchelli one is closest to what I would like to see on screen. I think it has a kind of natural look that is both more dynamic and less forced than the heavy gobs of armor. It's amazing, like he gave the Adam West suit a few key tweaks that were able to make it look totally as cool as it needed to be. Yeah, yeah I know. West equals camp, EVIL! But go with me on this one for a second. I'm not advocating the Bat-Tusi here.

I really wish they had the balls to attempt the white eyeslits. Maybe take that design only use a dark blue material kinda like West had only have him in shadow or have it be black but backlit in blue to give that classic highlight ala the comics and Bruce Timm art. But don't use yellow for the utility belt though. Either have it be a kaki or grey color. Possibly make it a gold and metallic like the Ross belt but keep the packs and everything about that same size. I think tne problem with the Ross belt is since it's so large it makes his Batman look unintentionally fat.

Mazzucchelli
1525.jpg

Not a Miller fan by any stretch but The Mazzuchelli one is closest to what I would like to see on screen. I think it has a kind of natural look that is both more dynamic and less forced than the heavy gobs of armor. It's amazing, like he gave the Adam West suit a few key tweaks that were able to make it look totally as cool as it needed to be. Yeah, yeah I know. West equals camp, EVIL! But go with me on this one for a second. I'm not advocating the Bat-Tusi here.

I really wish they had the balls to attempt the white eyeslits. Maybe take that design only use a dark blue material kinda like West had only have him in shadow or have it be black but backlit in blue to give that classic highlight ala the comics and Bruce Timm art. But don't use yellow for the utility belt though. Either have it be a kaki or grey color. Possibly make it a gold and metallic like the Ross belt but keep the packs and everything about that same size. I think tne problem with the Ross belt is since it's so large it makes his Batman look unintentionally fat.
I agree with you. This will always be my fave interpretation of how he should look. The only thing i would change 'personally' is make the boots taller and the gloves come closer to the elbows. but I do love how mazzucchelli and Norm breyfogle make the ends of his gloves angular instead of just a straight cuff across the forearm. but I can never agree with a Blue Batman.

yeah **** the blue Batman..............Black and Grey all the way.

I loved Neal Adam's Batman. But Jim Aparo was also pretty cool.
Aparo03.jpg

I love the way the cape "appears" to move in Tim Sale's artwork. It's more like a cloak in his drawings, and it has an entire motif all on it's own.

I'm pretty fond of the Kubert Batman from his recent run, but I'm not sure if I could narrow it down to one favorite.

I'm pretty fond of the Kubert Batman from his recent run, but I'm not sure if I could narrow it down to one favorite.

His work is great - just as powerful as Jim Lee but with more emotion...

117207511406343000.jpg

I also really like Breyfogle too...!!!:heart:

greyfogle_batman01.jpg

greyfogle_batman.jpg

My favourites

Tim Sale
item34601.jpg

Eduardo Risso

batman-broken-city-03.jpg

Darwyn Cooke

batmanthespirit01page08tl0.jpg

Matt Wagner

Batman%20634%20by%20Matt%20Wagner.jpg

and of course Neal Adams

BatmanByNealAdamsVol3HC.jpg

I've a soft spot for Alan Davis' depiction of the Bat suit personally, although you could just say it's the Adams/Aparo etc suit (I'm a fan of the blue/grey - hey, I grew up late 70's/early 80's - sue me :D)

can't find any pics, but mine is Porter's JLA batman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"