Favorite pizzeria/arcade type restaurant from childhood

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
Everyone's mainstay was always Showbiz(or Chuck E. Cheese now) but most places around the country had that one knockoff type place that everyone went to that served pizza, had video games, and random indoor rides. Near my house, there was a place called Celebration Station, complete with robotic animal musicians, bubble machines, and cardboard-like pizza. Another was Enchanted Castle that was in the Chicago suburbs. The latter is still open, to which I confess still visiting on occasion.

sorry, my favorite was always a little hometown shop called Tom's Pizza... it was a fairly small restaurant, but the pizza was good, and they had a pinball machine, a jukebox, and a Pac Man game...

ahh, life was good...

Definately Showbiz (it wasnt Chuck E. Cheese where I lived at).

Ziscovery Zone was pretty badass. Does anyone have pics of oldschool Chuck E Cheese?

There's a Celebration Station in Austin. At least I think it's still there. I have no idea. We also have this place called Dave & Buster's. Again, I'm not sure if it's still there...but it's one of these types of places for adults. They serve beer and nice food and stuff. Anyway, the Chuck E Cheese's here was in a ratty neighborhood if I recall correctly and the outside walls were constantly being tagged. My parents never took me. I have been to a Chuck E Cheese's though...but in a different city.

DZ: Discovery Zone
Where I can be anything on my own
I could jump, scream, crawl or mountain climb

I forgot the rest.:(

Ah, yes. Discovery Zone. I think I've been to one of those. I don't remember.

DZ of course, chuck e cheese, circus world pizza

There was this place called American Family Entertainment near me in CT...during the era of 2-D fighting games...it got too rowdy on the weekends and eventually had to close down...it was right next to a Pondarosa Steak House (spelling?). I won't just blame it on the crowds that showed up to play MK or SF:II but...yeah, they shut that place down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"