Favorite players who didn't play for your team

Immortalfire

Nu.
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of us have them, players you admire who are on the other sideline, but you respect them for any reason. Their style of play, career longevity, the way they present themselves and so on.

For me...

NFL - Larry Fitzgerald, Barry Sanders
MLB - Will Clark, Nolan Ryan, Ken Griffey Jr.
NBA - Karl Malone, Tim Duncan, John Stockton
NHL - Mike Modano, Jarome Iginla, Shane Doan

JJ Watt, I believed he was on the wrong texas nfl team..until this seasons

T.O., who wanted to play with Favre. And I think Brett was crazy enough to make that work somehow...

Barry Sanders. Loved watching him run, always seemed to carry himself with class.

Funny, Barry Sanders actually did play for my favorite team but I wish for his sake that he hadn't. He deserved better.

Lifelong Giants fan, but had to cross enemy lines just to root for McNabb and Dawkins.

I always liked Frank Gore (Broncos fan). Tough, sure handed, good blocker, reasonably decent receiver, rarely injured, runs straight ahead and right through you if he has to.

Gore would've been deadly in a Shanahan/Kubiak/Alex Gibbs style zone blocking scheme. One cut and downhill like Terrell Davis.

As it stands, Gore is third all time in rushing yards (behind Emmitt Smith and Walter Payton) and fourth all time in yards from scrimmage (behind Jerry Rice, Smith, and Payton).

really sad Zidane didn't want to come play for united :/

Buffon, Zidane, Ronaldhino, Eto, Roberto Carlos, Edgar Davids, Pavel Nedved, Nesta, Maldini, Henry, Schweinsteiger, Pirlo, Messi, Rivaldo and Ronaldo (the fat one lol)

To name a few lol

Funny, Barry Sanders actually did play for my favorite team but I wish for his sake that he hadn't. He deserved better.

i feel that way about Megatron. I really enjoyed watching him play but man he took a beating up there

Gary Payton should have been part of the 90's Knicks team. :csad:

I wish KD signed with Miami or Boston 4 years ago.. that would surely make NBA from 2016-2019 a lot more interesting.

As for soccer...

I wish my favorite player, Kiyotake Hiroshi, Nakamura Kengo play for my Gamba Osaka.

Also, after Diego Forlan and Iniesta, I also wish in the future more big foreign players come to J-League and play for Gamba Osaka:)

Outside of the Liverpool players I grew up with, Glenn Hoddle was my playing ‘hero’ and to have him in the 80’s team would have been amazing.

Andrea Pirlo. Total fox. I'm that shallow when it comes to soccer players. I did like the way he moved on the field, made me sit up and take notice. He's retired now. :(
upload_2020-2-20_22-9-36.jpeg

Kobe in NY would have been amazing
Always loved Tim Duncan

20374522_10214014851028266_1348654086780072996_n.jpg

Future baby daddy. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"