Far From Home Favorite Spider-man Movie

For me, I have to go with Spider-Man 2. Now I loved Spider-Verse, but Spider-Man 2 is much closer to my heart. And it's not because of nostalgia because then the first Spider-Man movie would be number 1. I just think Spider-Man 2 captured and honored the original Stan Lee/Steve Ditko/John Romita era perfectly and told Peter Parkers story magnificently. Spider-Verse is more of a homage or tribute to not just Peter Parker but all Spider-Men that have come out recent years, it's still fantastic but I personally prefer Spider-Man 2 more.

My list goes:
1. Spider-Man 2
2. Into the Spider-Verse
3. Spider-Man
4. Homecoming
5. Far from home
6. The Amazing Spider-Man
7. Spider-Man 3
8. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

For me, I have to go with Spider-Man 2. Now I loved Spider-Verse, but Spider-Man 2 is much closer to my heart. And it's not because of nostalgia because then the first Spider-Man movie would be number 1. I just think Spider-Man 2 captured and honored the original Stan Lee/Steve Ditko/John Romita era perfectly and told Peter Parkers story magnificently. Spider-Verse is more of a homage or tribute to not just Peter Parker but all Spider-Men that have come out recent years, it's still fantastic but I personally prefer Spider-Man 2 more.

My list goes:
1. Spider-Man 2
2. Into the Spider-Verse
3. Spider-Man
4. Homecoming
5. Far from home
7. Spider-Man 3
8. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

I agree. Spider-Man 2 just hit all the right notes. Was it perfect, no. but it best embodied the spirit of the character, as did Spider-Man. Other than Spider-Verse, which is its own separate deal, the rest of the Spidey films have moved further away from what I feel is the spirit of the character.

so, for me, it would be:

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Spider-Man
3. Spider-Verse

all the rest, with the Amazing films at the bottom.

1. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
  2. Spider-Man
  3. Spider-Man 3
  4. Spider-Man 2
  5. Miles Morales movie
  6. Far From Home
  7. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
  8. The Amazing Spider-Man
  9. Homecoming

Haha why Return of the Joker?
Ever since I saw a trailer for the show of Terry returning home to see that his father was killed I thought this was very Spider-Man like. He even has some Spidey movements and villains reimagined like Shocker (Shriek) and Mysterio (Spellbinder).

The episode with the Fantastic Four lite even has Terry lifting heavy machinery replicating the famous shot from Amazing Spider-Man #033. It didn't have the dramatic impact of it, but it was the first time that shot was adapted out of the comics.

So I will always count the movie set as a sequel to the end of that series as a Spider-Man movie.

Ranking

1.Spider-Man 2
2. Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse
3. Spider-Man
4. Spider-Man: Far from Home
5. Spider-Man: Homecoming
7. Spider-Man 3
8. The Amazing Spider-Man

1 and 2 are kinda interchangeable . Upon a few more rewatches, Spiderverse may become my undisputed favorite.

1. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
2. The Amazing Spider-Man
3. Into the Spider Verse

I don’t care for the rest. The marvel ones dont get me excited or feeling anything but anger most of the time due to disrespect of the character. Raimi movies are just pure cheese that cause me to laught at them most of the time and cringe the rest.

The best versions of Spider-Man’s besides the above movies are Spectacular Spider-Man tv show, Spider-Man TAS and more importantly Spider-Man PS4. Insomniac destroyed the marvel spider-man movies. Made marvel look really bad and stupid. People are probably way more excited for Spider-Man PS4 then Spider-Man Home whatever.

3. Into the Spider Verse

I don’t care for the rest. The marvel ones dont get me excited or feeling anything but anger most of the time due to disrespect of the character. Raimi movies are just pure cheese that cause me to laught at them most of the time and cringe the rest.

The best versions of Spider-Man’s besides the above movies are Spectacular Spider-Man tv show, Spider-Man TAS and more importantly Spider-Man PS4. Insomniac destroyed the marvel spider-man movies. Made marvel look really bad and stupid. People are probably way more excited for Spider-Man PS4 then Spider-Man Home whatever.

Marvel disrespectful but amazing Spider-Man wasn’t? That is a yikes for me. But options differ

Marvel disrespectful but amazing Spider-Man wasn’t? That is a yikes for me. But options differ
There is no reason to argue about TASM movies, they might be more disrespectful to the character and his world than X-Men movies are to Cyclops or Judge Dredd (1995) is to most of the characters in that comic franchise.

But here is why MCU movies disrespect the character in a nutshell.

XYErIjy.gif

MCU Spidey lacks this attitude when it comes to showing his face to other characters.

Last edited:
There is no reason to argue about TASM movies, they might be more disrespectful to the character and his world than X-Men movies are to Cyclops or Judge Dredd (1995) is to most of the characters in that comic franchise.

But here is why MCU movies disrespect the character in a nutshell.

XYErIjy.gif

MCU Spidey lacks this attitude when it comes to showing his face to other characters.

I mean EVERY spiderman lacked that attitude and showed there face soooooo

I mean EVERY spiderman lacked that attitude and showed there face soooooo
The Raimi films had this attitude, only time he showed his face was to convince Ock to right his wrongs cause it was the last resort.

MCU Spidey just doesn't care when he's around S.H.I.E.L.D. or Avengers, he doesn't even give anything a second thought about sharing his face and name. Imagine How It Should Have Ended's Batman around girls.

Peter B. Parker went to a world where people knew Spider-Man is Peter Parker, and he still kept his mask on most of the times.

And MCU Spidey is the most useless superhero ever in Homecoming. He's good in Civil War and Infinity War, not the same level of competence in his own movie that is between these two. That's not good handling of the character.

The Raimi films had this attitude, only time he showed his face was to convince Ock to right his wrongs cause it was the last resort.

MCU Spidey just doesn't care when he's around S.H.I.E.L.D. or Avengers, he doesn't even give anything a second thought about sharing his face and name. Imagine How It Should Have Ended's Batman around girls.

Peter B. Parker went to a world where people knew Spider-Man is Peter Parker, and he still kept his mask on most of the times.

And MCU Spidey is the most useless superhero ever in Homecoming. He's good in Civil War and Infinity War, not the same level of competence in his own movie that is between these two. That's not good handling of the character.

peter Parker trust the characters in the mcu. Everyone doesn’t really have a secret identity in the mcu.
Raimi peter always had his identity exposed and always fought with his mask off.
Webb peter always fought with his mask off.

homecoming he’s just starting out but that movie was ok to me. And I’ll honestly take mcu peter over the handeling of Sony . Sony did more of a disservice than marvel did. The Webb films especially.
Magic blood. What a joke

peter Parker trust the characters in the mcu. Everyone doesn’t really have a secret identity in the mcu.
Raimi peter always had his identity exposed and always fought with his mask off.
Webb peter always fought with his mask off.
Raimi's Peter did not choose to expose it, and MCU Pete is way too trusting.

homecoming he’s just starting out but that movie was ok to me. And I’ll honestly take mcu peter over the handeling of Sony . Sony did more of a disservice than marvel did. The Webb films especially.
Magic blood. What a joke
Civil War is chronologically before Homecoming, he had six months of experience before getting the Stark suit. Heck, he even stopped a car from colliding while swinging to it without trouble in a short online video Tony shown Pete before recruiting him. Pete in Homecoming is useless for no good reason.

No argument about the magic blood thing.

Raimi's Peter did not choose to expose it, and MCU Pete is way too trusting.

Civil War is chronologically before Homecoming, he had six months of experience before getting the Stark suit. Heck, he even stopped a car from colliding while swinging to it without trouble in a short online video Tony shown Pete before recruiting him. Pete in Homecoming is useless for no good reason.

No argument about the magic blood thing.

I do agree there is inconsistency in civil war and homecoming. He seems more silly in civil war and confident and beat many of the heroes even falcon, then in homecoming he struggles with vulture barely beating him. I’m not a huge fan of homecoming tbh. Just rather see marvel with the brand. Far from home was a nice step in the right direction but I did t like the whole ..... tech based stuff.

I do agree there is inconsistency in civil war and homecoming. He seems more silly in civil war and confident and beat many of the heroes even falcon, then in homecoming he struggles with vulture barely beating him. I’m not a huge fan of homecoming tbh. Just rather see marvel with the brand. Far from home was a nice step in the right direction but I did t like the whole ..... tech based stuff.
That's why I enjoyed that movie.

Still Spider-Man 2.

For the second spot, I'm immensely fond of SM1, but I'd have to go with Homecoming. That flick is so inventive and laser-focused, it's like lightning in a bottle. Such a gem.

Right now it's:

Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Spider-Man 3
Amazing Spider-Man
Amazing Spider-Man 2

Spots 2 and 3 are really close for me. I think SM1 still did an amazing job introducing the character on the big screen for the first time to the world, just going all in on a tone that feels true to the spirit of the character's early stories in a way I don't think they'd make today if it were the first time.

3. Into the Spider Verse

A lot was pretty cringe-y in Raimi first and 3, I thought 2 had some comic relief, even some slapstick (as did a lot of Stan Lee's comics), but I thought its comic relief was pretty mild and fit in well and the film was mostly drama.

My favorite is Into the Spider-Verse, but it's almost unfair to compare it to the others. It had the advantage of doing literally anything it wanted. There's always more restrictions when you're doing live-action and your film is expected to make big BO numbers.

The Raimi and Webb films are both franchises I enjoy out of nostalgia, but have just as many pros and cons with each. I think Raimi nailed the cinematography and working-class aspect of Spider-Man, but I never got behind Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst. I loved Garfield and Stone and everything they did with them, but the scripts were all over the place. It's also clear Sony didn't know what they were going for. I would love to just take the best of each franchise and put them together. Still, overall I find them all enjoyable (not counting Spider-Man 3).

MCU Spider-Man is...weird? I'm not sure my problems with it even count as "fan complaints". It's a take on Spider-Man I would argue is very ageist, classist, and in poor taste. Peter also has more in common with Miles Morales, which arguably makes him the least inclusive version of Spider-Man. All of those things bug me more than trivial complaints I see about "Michelle Jones" or Flash not being Flash. Homecoming and Far From Home are the most well-made, but have the most corporate and culturally-off putting Spidey. It brings me no joy to say that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"