Favourite Game Series?

Darkfly

Superhero
Reaction score
So what's everybody's favourite game series, list as many as you like.

For me:

Wing Commander Series
Some of the earliest games I played, I especially love Heart of the Tiger (III) & Price of Freedom (IV) so much & when they introduced live action cut scenes it was ******* badass. Now if only I could get all of the WC games to work on XP, come on EA release a special WC collection box set.

Half-Life Series
What can I say, my favourite game series with one of the best stories ever told in a game.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert Series
The first PC game I ever played was Red Alert so I'll always have a soft spot for it, don't care much for the Tiberian series. I've never played any RTS's which are as fun or as well made as the Red Alert games, even the expansion packs (most notable Yuri's Revenge) are a cut above the rest. Even now I enjoy replaying all the games in the series. I loved the dark tone of the first game but I also loved the light fun cheesy tone of Red Alert 2 & can anybody say no to Agent Tanya ;). I still can't pick which one I prefer more & got Red Alert 3 comes out in a few months :D.

Max Payne Series
The story, the style, & of course the bullet time, some of the most enjoyable games I've ever played.

Honourable mention:
Metroid Series

I'll name them in order of importance to me:

1. Mario Series (I'm not talking spin-offs, just the main franchise. SMB 1-3, World, SM64, Sunshine, and Galaxy)

2. Metroid Series (I'm in love with Samus and her story.)

3. Ratchet & Clank (These two character's are just great.)

4. Mega Man (Classic series 1-9, none of the other spin off junk)

5. Street Fighter (Favorite fighting franchise)

Probably Baldur's Gate, you can carry all your characters from start to finish, it feels consistent from start to finish like an epic story.

Halflife, although, after Hallife, Halflife: Opossing Force and HalfLife: Blueshift, going on to halflife 2, it feels like a completely different game with only vague halflife like touches to it. Sure, you get a crow-bar, headcrabs are there and the gman can still be glimpsed watching you, but it feels inconsistent.

Call Of Duty: First one was the best, second was ok, third was so-so, fourth was too much of the same, if anything this game has been too consistent.

Metal Gear Solid: Enjoyed the first one, bought a playstation 2 solely for the purpose of playing Metal Gear Solid 2, what a mess, this game was major dissipiontment. Metal Gear Solid 3 was a more enjoyable experience as was Metal Gear Solid 4 but both suffer from the problem (especially Metal Gear Solid 4) that thinking more is better, Metal Gear Solid felt more trimmed.

Homeworld: same problem as Halflife, first one, excellent, cinematic feeling with a great story for an RTS game, felt epic, the expansion was more of the same, the sequel, felt like it scrapped stuff from the prevous games and just done it's own thing, inconsistent.

Rainbow 6: Great, before Vegas.

System Shock/System Shock 2/Bioshock Even though Bioshock was more streamlined and repeated alot of the stuff from System Shock 2, still great game.

Fallout/Fallout 2: ....

Diablo games: The equivalent of Doom in rpg form

Soulreaver games: kinda panned by critics but I enjoyed them

Hitman Games: Second one the best, didn't care much for the last ones story, haven't felt cheated out of money playing these games though, entertaining.

Guild Wars: Like an mmo with story and no grind, noob friendly as well and doesn't take your entire social life up. Females wear scantily clad amour, and *******'s spam the trade channels, excellent stuff. Other than purchase, free.

Probably more.

Ed: Oh ye, GTA.

I'll come back and edit with details later on.

Tekken
Ratchet and Clank
God of War
Kingdom Hearts

Listed in the order I've first played them

Ninja Gaiden NES series
Command and Conquer series
Grand Theft Auto series
Baldur's Gate series
Max Payne series
Hitman series
Splinter Cell series
Deus Ex series
Halo series
System Shock series
Brothers in Arms series
Sly Cooper series
Thief series

I would have put the Prince of Persia series, but the only ones I've liked were the first 2 Prince of Persia games (including Prince of Persia Classic on Live Arcade) and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.

Metal Gear Solid
Mega Man
X-men Legends
Burnout
Soul Calibur

Half-Life
The Elder Scrolls
Age of Empires
Infinity Ward's Call of Duty
Metal Gear
Sonic the Hedgehog 1991 - 2001
Final Fantasy
Mega Man (specifically the X series and Legends)

FEAR, Half Life, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear, Star Wars KOTOR; all of these series and Breakdown (it's one game though...).

Kingdom Hearts
Soul Calibur
Tekken
Resident Evil
Super Smash Bros
Animal Crossing

The Classics:

Mario (including the spin-offs like Mario Kart)
Zelda
Metroid
Final Fantasy

And the dearly departed:

Megaman Legends (Bring me A FRICKING Legends III, hell I'd take a sequel to Tron's fricking game if I had to. :cmad:)

Probably the Hitman series. Iv loved all the games and im dying for news on the next one. Love the character and story.

Probably the Hitman series. Iv loved all the games and im dying for news on the next one. Love the character and story.

Yeah it's a great series especially blood money that was my favorite one. Hopefully there will be another game made pretty soon.

Yeah it's a great series especially blood money that was my favorite one. Hopefully there will be another game made pretty soon.

Yea Blood Money was my fav as well, at least its the one i play the most. A new Hitman game is supposed to be in development now.

1. Tekken/Prince of Persia
2. Battlefront
3. Crash Bandicoot

In no particular order, my favorite game series include:

Silent Hill
Resident Evil
DOOM
Half-Life
Quake
System Shock
Mortal Kombat
Street Fighter